Thread: What's wrong with Tampa's offense?

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

What's wrong with Tampa's offense?

https://sports.yahoo.com/tedy-brusch...124634017.html

According to Tedy Bruschi:

“I think there is a combination of two things that is holding the Tampa Bay offense back and also Brady in terms of his success and one is Bruce Arians because the guy is just stubborn,” Bruschi said, via WEEI’s Ordway, Merloni & Fauria. “Tom is in the middle of a team with a head coach that our old Patriots teams would love going up against team like this. They have the philosophy of we do what we do and we’re just going to do it, we’re better than you, we think our players are better so go ahead and do what you want I’m still going to throw my deep routes and all this and all of that. We would just adjust to it and take it away know that they still force it in there and we would pick it off. We would do something like that. Bruce Arians and that type of stubbornness …

And the second thing is holding that offense back are the running backs. They can’t catch. … I mean as a quarterback, let me get my five, man. All I want is five. Catch it and fall forward and it’s 2nd-and-6 or it’s 2nd-and-7. You never know, you break a tackle and you’re moving the chains. That’s what they are not getting. To watch over and over, Fournette drop it. Jones drop it. You can see the look on Tom’s face, ‘Dude, you will never be James White.’ Something like that that. Those are the easy yards that you take that Tom just doesn’t have anymore so he’s got to push it down the field.”

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: What's wrong with Tampa's offense?

It couldn't be Tommy's fault.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

1. A declining QB continuing to show his age (of course since said QB is Tom Brady, it's blasphemous to dare utter this)
    2. They put more emphasis on building the team with all pros from 2015-2017 instead of creating group cohesion
    3. Antonio Brown is a locker room cancer who demands being force-fed the ball. Thus Brady is practically forced to worry more about force-feeding him the ball than moving the ball downfield or else risk pissing him off. On top of this, Brady has created added urgency to not piss him off since has stupidly invited AB to stay with his family.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Personally I think he summed up an Arians run offense pretty well. Remember when they said they didn't scout defenses or change plays based on defenses.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The greatest system QB of All-Time is in the wrong system...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don't watch enough Tampa Bay games to know for sure but I'm going to start my guesses with BA's determination to push the ball downfield on nearly every play. Just look at his coaching history and his team's weaknesses.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The problem started when AB arrived. He was an unnecessary asset. Evans, Godwin and Miller are a Top WR Corp in the league. When you add AB in there, you’re just adding too much...there’s not enough balls to go around, AN doesn’t have his football legs yet and he may never get them. You’re also ruining all the cohesion you had up until that point by putting AB in Miller’s spot. Scotty Miller was doing just fine...though I am not sure and without looking, I would bet that Miller’s numbers are better than ABs numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Personally I think he summed up an Arians run offense pretty well. Remember when they said they didn't scout defenses or change plays based on defenses.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Mainly why he was fired by the Steelers in the first place

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The problem started when AB arrived. He was an unnecessary asset. Evans, Godwin and Miller are a Top WR Corp in the league. When you add AB in there, you’re just adding too much...there’s not enough balls to go around, AN doesn’t have his football legs yet and he may never get them. You’re also ruining all the cohesion you had up until that point by putting AB in Miller’s spot. Scotty Miller was doing just fine...though I am not sure and without looking, I would bet that Miller’s numbers are better than ABs numbers.
    I should have picked up Scotty Welker Edelmiller early in the season for fantasy.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The guys that Brady is missing downfield are wide open. An NFL quarterback should be able to hit them.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Bruce Arians offenses are notoriously shitty. High volume passing game that relies on deep bombs and long developing Receiver routes. Brady is dink and dunk.

Combine it with the Needless addition of Antonio Brown, who will demand attention by any means necessary when there are only so many balls to go around. It was an offensive disaster waiting to happen.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The guys that Brady is missing downfield are wide open. An NFL quarterback should be able to hit them.
    Yup. This needs to be acknowledged. From the little I have seen, this isn't a system problem. This is a QB unable to consistently deliver the ball to open WRs.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Brady is still in the top 5 in PFF grade,so I think he is fine...

Brady didn't look good last year either. Yes he didn't have much to work with last year but this year looks like a continuation of last year, as far as Brady is concerned, to me.

My advice would be to hang 'em up Tom.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yup. This needs to be acknowledged. From the little I have seen, this isn't a system problem. This is a QB unable to consistently deliver the ball to open WRs.
    The games I’ve watched He’s had much more pressure than Im used to seeing as well. First few games I thought arm strength was good. Against Rams looked more like Hoyer than TB. To put things in perspective, he is 5 years older than Ben and Rivers. So many weapons I wouldn’t be surprised if they bounce back. Top teams in NFC have all had some bad games.

- - - Updated - - -

Best case scenario they end up 10-6, IMO

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Tampa Bay is 1-3 since AB joined the team.

A perfect demonstration that a great team and a collection of great players (especially from 2017) aren't necessarily the same thing

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So how does this change anyones thinking on Ben?

Watching Brady struggling in the same system makes me think Ben is less football dumb then I've thought.

Or in his prime, his physical talent was just ludicrous enough to overcome the limits of Arians offense. Whatever they might be.

Or, nothing changes. Because if Arians can scheme up Kelly Holcombe to be a 4000+ yard paser, this is a Tom Brady issue not a scheme issue.

The Bucs have all that talent yet I'd take Gronk and these three guys any day of the week.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Fire Arians!