Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Steelers Covid 19 list

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Three Steelers Players Moved to Covid-Reserve List

Looks like we might be short on the D line if we play Tuesday.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Tuesday it is then, since they'll be doubly fucked by getting a short week

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    if they were placed on the list only as close contacts, I believe they could play on Tuesday as long as they continued to test negative and didn't exhibit any symptoms.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Did these guys test positive or are they just on the list like other have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Wonder if this is why Tomlin cancelled practice today...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Wonder if this is why Tomlin cancelled practice today...
    Possibly

Good for him for reacting quickly... unlike Harbaugh, who has his strength & conditioning coach lick the players’ mouthpieces (allegedly).

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Possibly

Good for him for reacting quickly... unlike Harbaugh, who has his strength & conditioning coach lick the players’ mouthpieces (allegedly).
    I'm sure that's true

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Internet claims more positive Steelers COVID announcements coming today.

Week 18...here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Week 18...here we come!
    Great...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Week 18...here we come!
    Honestly, the whole season could get blown up before too long. I'd give a 65% chance of the season getting concluded.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

James Conner tested positive.

This all just sucks!

The Steelers were doing such a good job up until now. These guys are making enough money that they could totally lock their lives down and just go to work and back and have things delivered.

Why would any of them put a historical season in jeopardy? I know it’s hard, but damn. Wear a damn mask!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: UPDATE: Steelers Covid 19 list

Danny Smith...fucking shit up...again...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Get ready for some Benny Snell football.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I’m not going to say “I told you so”, because pandemic disease is, well, a fricking pandemic disease. It’s highly contagious and unless you hole up in a cabin 50 miles from the nearest road, you can reduce your chances of being exposed but you cannot eliminate it 100%. As I said in the Ravens Sucks thread, it is what it is. It’s 2020.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I’m not going to say “I told you so”, because pandemic disease is, well, a fricking pandemic disease. It’s highly contagious and unless you hole up in a cabin 50 miles from the nearest road, you can reduce your chances of being exposed but you cannot eliminate it 100%. As I said in the Ravens Sucks thread, it is what it is. It’s 2020.
    Just wait to see how this is still a conspiracy that the Ravens have fabricated to get out of having to play the Steelers. Somebody is gonna have one for sure.

Like you said, its just like the last time football was played in a pandemic.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

well shit

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Looks like its time to show Steeler nation why McFarland was drafted .

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    Looks like its time to show Steeler nation why McFarland was drafted .
    He isn’t good in pass protection which worries me more than his ability to run the ball.

I really hope Vance is healthy because he’s a much better blocker than Ebron. I think that might be the priority this week with Conner our.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

We may be getting to a point where the NFL shuts down for a week or two.

It was just reported that the 49ers are going to need to find a place to play their next two home games with Santa Clara County announcing that no pro or college sports teams are able to have games or practices for the next three weeks.

Also, a bubble may be needed come playoff time, looking at Dallas and LA.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I guess Benny Snell gets that trial run as the starter?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

It was just reported that the 49ers are going to need to find a place to play their next two home games with Santa Clara County announcing that no pro or college sports teams are able to have games or practices for the next three weeks.

Yeah this is not going to end well.

I don’t think they’ll be doing anything like that in California.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I guess Benny Snell gets that trial run as the starter?
    He will be okay and type of rb that need caries to get in rhythm. That said still would like to see what we have in McFarland.

And they can totally do that. What is to stop them? There are ZERO sports to compete with for the foreseeable future on TV. Like the networks are gonna find something better to air in January and February?

In MojoUW's fantasy world of logic and reason...there would have already been 2-3 extra bye weeks built in. As well as a contingency "bubble" plan. Set up a few locations in each region of the country. Call them something clever like East, West, North, South. Have a version for just the playoffs. Have another version for a 2 weeks quarantine shutdown and then pivot to the "bubble" for the regular season.

Just have the plans on paper. Set up a liaison office/hotline between the league management contingency planners and the teams. Hold weekly briefings. Each team has a "point person" who is charge of COVID contingency communications with the league. For instance, for the Steelers this could be Omar Khan. Then the league and teams can stay up to date and coordinated for current realities and potential future scenarios.

But...I guess just stubbornly refusing to change anything from the normal schedule and way of doing things is also a path.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I don’t think they’ll be doing anything like that in California.
    Correct, just posted random destinations. Florida is a possibility.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    He will be okay and type of rb that need caries to get in rhythm. That said still would like to see what we have in McFarland.
    I mean...we are going to find out. I don't think any bit of rhythm is going to make Snell quicker or more elusive. So far in his career he looks like a viable NFL RB 1 run in 5. The rest he looks a step slow for the overall speed of the league.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    The NFL should have just let EVERY fucking player catch it in pre-season, that way just like the Chicken Pox they would all be immune to it now. When I was a kid and someone had the Chicken Pox in our neighborhood you wanted every 7 year old to be exposed to it. Because it was better to catch Chicken Pox as a 7 year old where the survival rate (just like COVID) was ridiculously high. Healthy 20 something NFL athletes are going to feel sick for a few days (if any) and be over this.

Funny how you don't hear a thing about "the second wave" in Sweden. The country everyone said was crazy for protecting their vulnerable population and allowing herd immunity in the rest.