Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Steelers Covid 19 list

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: UPDATE: Steelers Covid 19 list

Don't feel bad and Denver has no QB's to play the Saints this week.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Don't feel bad and Denver has no QB's to play the Saints this week.
    that's unprecented.

I'm thinking about switching my Survivor pick to the Saints now.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    The NFL should have just let EVERY fucking player catch it in pre-season, that way just like the Chicken Pox they would all be immune to it now. When I was a kid and someone had the Chicken Pox in our neighborhood you wanted every 7 year old to be exposed to it. Because it was better to catch Chicken Pox as a 7 year old where the survival rate (just like COVID) was ridiculously high. Healthy 20 something NFL athletes are going to feel sick for a few days (if any) and be over this.

Funny how you don't hear a thing about "the second wave" in Sweden. The country everyone said was crazy for protecting their vulnerable population and allowing herd immunity in the rest.
    I know, right? A 2% death rate is only like 2 out of every hundred people. To put in terms of teams that’s only like a little over 1 per active roster... and you know their families and whatnot, but who cares about them.

When you actually picture it in real life, with real people crying over their loved ones, it just totally seems so not important to me.

And there’s one fact no one can deny: every single person who dies of this so called disease would have died anyway... eventually.

Damn snow flakes not wanting to get horribly sick and possibly kill their loved ones. Back in my day, we all gathered round to share plagues and go on ventilators and laugh at the dead... and we LIKED IT THAT WAY!

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

The NFL should have just let EVERY fucking player catch it in pre-season, that way just like the Chicken Pox they would all be immune to it now. When I was a kid and someone had the Chicken Pox in our neighborhood you wanted every 7 year old to be exposed to it. Because it was better to catch Chicken Pox as a 7 year old where the survival rate (just like COVID) was ridiculously high. Healthy 20 something NFL athletes are going to feel sick for a few days (if any) and be over this.

Funny how you don't hear a thing about "the second wave" in Sweden. The country everyone said was crazy for protecting their vulnerable population and allowing herd immunity in the rest.
    I believe you’re incorrect about what’s happening in Sweden.
    Mojouw posted some links to confirm it.
    A week or two ago, 60 Minutes updated a story about Sweden’s original strategy, striving for herd immunity.
    The Swedish medical experts basically said it was a failed strategy.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    I believe you’re incorrect about what’s happening in Sweden.
    Mojouw posted some links to confirm it.
    A week or two ago, 60 Minutes updated a story about Sweden’s original strategy, striving for herd immunity.
    The Swedish medical experts basically said it was a failed strategy.
    Of course it was a failed strategy. And all of this “98% survival rate” is so disgusting. I’ve noticed that no one spouting that sound bite rushes out to get the disease and breathe all over their loved ones to watch 98% of them survive and create a herd immunity.

They are also the first to cry about the risks of a vaccine that they’ll refuse to take... even it will have a higher than 98% survival rate. Such heroes with other people’s health

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Of course it was a failed strategy. And all of this “98% survival rate” is so disgusting. I’ve noticed that no one spouting that sound bite rushes out to get the disease and breathe all over their loved ones to watch 98% of them survive and create a herd immunity.

They are also the first to cry about the risks of a vaccine that they’ll refuse to take... even it will have a higher than 98% survival rate. Such heroes with other people’s health
    The actual survival rate is more like 99.8%, and hundreds of times higher than that if you are not already in bad shape, but who's counting.

What is going on now in places that are not locked down and have no masks is about the same as in places that are locked down with masks: Few people are sick and almost no one is dying, and the media reports on it breathlessly, and people freak out because they can't do math and don't understand the concept of a million. You don't lock people down and cancel things; it is an invalid response.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It's like saying "Candyman" or "Beetlejuice". State a percentage or math and a certain someone drops in to helpfully explain how no one understands math but him.

This is starting to be like how "any outside linebacker" could do what Dupree does. Well, Anthony Chickillo would beg to disagree. Remember how ONLY a certain someone really understood Dupree's true value?

But I bet he's right this time.

This isn't like the Chicken Pox. You can catch it more than once. And, as for Sweden, they sure are getting a second wave. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-herd-immunity

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The actual survival rate is more like 99.8%, and hundreds of times higher than that if you are not already in bad shape, but who's counting.

What is going on now in places that are not locked down and have no masks is about the same as in places that are locked down with masks: Few people are sick and almost no one is dying, and the media reports on it breathlessly, and people freak out because they can't do math and don't understand the concept of a million. You don't lock people down and cancel things; it is an invalid response.
    You really have no idea about dangers to infrastructure, do you? The average FLU season stress emergency infrastructure at times. COVID spreads at least twice as easy. It doesn't take millions to overwhelm infrastructure, just a few hundred thousand, or probably about double what we get with the flu . . . wait a second . . . Hmm, imagine that. Double, about like COVID.

And, take a look at the statistics for the flu in South American over the summer and in North American last spring. The flu almost flatlined everywhere as soon as everything was put into place. You're literally arguing against science, math, and logic if you believe wearing masks and social distancing does not make a difference.

Look, I get what you're saying. I even agree with you that this pandemic overhyped for two reasons: (1) political and (2) ratings. But that does NOT negate the reality as I stated it above.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It's like saying "Candyman" or "Beetlejuice". State a percentage or math and a certain someone drops in to helpfully explain how no one understands math but him.

This is starting to be like how "any outside linebacker" could do what Dupree does. Well, Anthony Chickillo would beg to disagree. Remember how ONLY a certain someone really understood Dupree's true value?

But I bet he's right this time.
    I came in here to find information about whether the game was happening tomorrow, and instead this stupidity was going on again. So yeah, when you see people with an idea that retarded, you tend to say something about it.

Liberals do not really like thinking for themselves or using logical reasoning. They like CONFIRMATION. That is why they are always so great at citing 50 sources that back up what they want to believe, but anyone with even a little common sense can immediately see it's all bullshit.

It's not that I'm right this time. It's that I was always right and you were always wrong, and you STILL can't do math. Important difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    You really have no idea about dangers to infrastructure, do you? The average FLU season stress emergency infrastructure at times. COVID spreads at least twice as easy. It doesn't take millions to overwhelm infrastructure, just a few hundred thousand, or probably about double what we get with the flu . . . wait a second . . . Hmm, imagine that. Double, about like COVID.

And, take a look at the statistics for the flu in South American over the summer and in North American last spring. The flu almost flatlined everywhere as soon as everything was put into place. You're literally arguing against science, math, and logic if you believe wearing masks and social distancing does not make a difference.

Look, I get what you're saying. I even agree with you that this pandemic overhyped for two reasons: (1) political and (2) ratings. But that does NOT negate the reality as I stated it above.
    I am well aware of all that you just mentioned, but the thing is, there was already one round of this virus that spread totally unchecked for months before anyone even figured it out, and the infrastructure was not overloaded or even close, with the exception of New York City alone. It's like that graph they loved to show you in March, where the big scary steep red curve went way above hospital capacity, and the flat blue one stopped just at the arbitrary line ... well, it turned out that in real life, the big scary red curve actually didn't even go as high as the blue one they predicted, and the real blue one turned out to be microscopic. As for the flu "flatlining" - they simply stopped tracking it.

In any case, there is no justification for a lockdown or mask mandate of any kind unless possibly for a very short duration (days, not weeks or months) if the hospitals are in danger of being overloaded, and that simply is not the case and has never been the case. They probably make a difference in the slowing the spread of the disease, but there is no reason to slow the spread of the disease unless you are in the situation described immediately above. That is what all the science, math, and logic says, and is frequently mentioned by the experts that the corona cultists love to cite. But it's as if everyone just forgot that part - which is the most important part of all - because they're used to bullshit lockdowns and have accepted them as the default response. Regardless, in this country, the government is expressly prohibited from having the authority to do it.

It is amazing to see how the Sweden story is twisted by the press, and by others to fit their own sick worldview. The actual story is this: A place with no restrictions has made it 10 months and is not really any worse off than the places that absolutely shot themselves in the face with lockdowns. The story is that Sweden is the miraculous example that showed everyone there's not much to worry about if you just use the same common sense that you would with any other disease. I mean, those are just the facts of what happened there. But instead, all we're told is, "oh my God, look at how reckless they are, any day now they're going to pay the price for it!" Well, they've been at it for almost a year and I'm still waiting for them to pay the price. What does that tell you, logically? Certainly not the same story the left wants you to believe. It's too bad the media has become nothing more than a performance space.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

You're wrong. It's not a 2% death rate it's a .018% death rate. Do the math. The 1918 Spanish flu was a 2% death rate.

Total COVID19 deaths = 1,458,103 total world population = 7.7 BILLION.

So 1,458,103/7,700,000,000 = .018%

Now compare that to the Spanish flu of 1918.

Total SF deaths = 50 million 1918 world population 1.8 billion

50,000,000/1,800,000,000 = 2.7%

The survival rate for people under 40 is 99.98% no 98% according to the CDC.

Oh and the average age of a COVID19 death is actually HIGHER than life expectancy in this country but don't let any of these verifiable mathematical numbers confuse you.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is the same "logic" and selective reasoning that features in "Ancient Aliens" and "Flat Earty" documentaries.

Now, personally, I can't get enough of either. Watch them religiously. Hopefully there are many more postings to come. My new favorite is that facts and evidence are now despicable liberal trickery. I'm gonna examine myself for the mark of the devil later. I've been in a lot of libraries.

You're wrong. It's not a 2% death rate it's a .018% death rate. Do the math. The 1918 Spanish flu was a 2% death rate.

Total COVID19 deaths = 1,458,103 total world population = 7.7 BILLION.

So 1,458,103/7,700,000,000 = .018%

Now compare that to the Spanish flu of 1918.

Total SF deaths = 50 million 1918 world population 1.8 billion

50,000,000/1,800,000,000 = 2.7%

The survival rate for people under 40 is 99.98% no 98% according to the CDC.

Oh and the average age of a COVID19 death is actually HIGHER than life expectancy in this country but don't let any of these verifiable mathematical numbers confuse you.
    I think what he meant was the death rate out of people who actually get sick, not out of everyone, but 2% is still laughably high, and researchers have known it was in the low tenths of a percent since April or early May.

The only "failed response" is a lockdown. Just as all the experts said, they don't get you anywhere different in the end, except under a certain very specific set of conditions that have never materialized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This is the same "logic" and selective reasoning that features in "Ancient Aliens" and "Flat Earty" documentaries.

Now, personally, I can't get enough of either. Watch them religiously. Hopefully there are many more postings to come. My new favorite is that facts and evidence are now despicable liberal trickery. I'm gonna examine myself for the mark of the devil later. I've been in a lot of libraries.
    Whatever it takes to feel better about yourself. Just keep saying that you're the smart one in the room and everyone else is crazy - repeat it enough times and it will be true!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

In Japan suicides outpaced COVID19 deaths this past month.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...-long-n2580768

- - - Updated - - -

We need football, I don't want argue about this shit!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Interesting that Tuitt was listed on the Covid/Reserve, and also listed as a full practice participant yesterday and today. Does that mean he can play on Tuesday?

- - - Updated - - -

Do these unending arguments REALLY have to spill over into Steelers threads?

In Japan suicides outpaced COVID19 deaths this past month.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...-long-n2580768

- - - Updated - - -

We need football, I don't want argue about this shit!
    Then why did you bring it up? Then stirred the pot?

What you're seemingly saying is that you want people to agree with you and not present contrary takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Interesting that Tuitt was listed on the Covid/Reserve, and also listed as a full practice participant yesterday and today. Does that mean he can play on Tuesday?

- - - Updated - - -

Do these unending arguments REALLY have to spill over into Steelers threads?
    Maybe. But the team did not hold an actual practice today. I believe, but the reporting is sloppy at best, that the practice listings for Friday and Saturday were projected participation if the team had practiced and does not account for COVID.

Other, again highly unclear, reports indicate that if a player (like Tuitt) is on the list because of suspected close contact and not a positive trst, they may be able to get cleared for Tuesday if they can test negative twice.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Re: Three Steelers Players Moved to Covid-Reserve List

James Conner tested positive.

This all just sucks!

The Steelers were doing such a good job up until now. These guys are making enough money that they could totally lock their lives down and just go to work and back and have things delivered.

Why would any of them put a historical season in jeopardy? I know it’s hard, but damn. Wear a damn mask!
    It's becoming more obvious the mask doesn't work that good. My wife wears one all the time yet she is currently positive and we do not know how or when

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

All of which tells us that masks and lockdowns are useless. Sweden and the rest of europe are suffering the same resurgence, even though I keep seeing people say it's just dumb merica

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    This isn't like the Chicken Pox. You can catch it more than once. And, as for Sweden, they sure are getting a second wave. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-herd-immunity
    They can find and prove like five people out of twelve million people got it a second time. I really think that's proof against the chances of getting it again

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    They can find and prove like five people out of twelve million people got it a second time. I really think that's proof against the chances of getting it again

Yea saying they can get it again, very little proof of that That is a baseless far out statement. Science so far doesn't stick up for that at all. Would love to see the proof on that claim.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If you think about this pandemic in terms of risk conditions rather than risk percentages there is probably someone in your immediate family(meaning everyone's) that is a high risk condition. My oldest lives in his grandmother's house. She recently went through chemo and radiation treatments. My son MUST follow guidelines more strictly to keep his grandmother safe(r). My younger daughter is a college sophomore and is still on prescription asthma meds. I worry non-stop about how this virus could affect her medically. I understand you guys don't really 'care' about any of these people but in my world they are very important. So your 2% or lower/higher doesn't mean that much from where I stand on this. It's literally been since March we've had these protocols in place and I still find myself forcing patients to wear masks correctly, or to even put one on. Your right to not wear one is fine, then go home. Because everywhere I go requires it when inside any building. And your just being a child about the reality when you refuse the very basics.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If you think about this pandemic in terms of risk conditions rather than risk percentages there is probably someone in your immediate family(meaning everyone's) that is a high risk condition. My oldest lives in his grandmother's house. She recently went through chemo and radiation treatments. My son MUST follow guidelines more strictly to keep his grandmother safe(r). My younger daughter is a college sophomore and is still on prescription asthma meds. I worry non-stop about how this virus could affect her medically. I understand you guys don't really 'care' about any of these people but in my world they are very important. So your 2% or lower/higher doesn't mean that much from where I stand on this. It's literally been since March we've had these protocols in place and I still find myself forcing patients to wear masks correctly, or to even put one on. Your right to not wear one is fine, then go home. Because everywhere I go requires it when inside any building. And your just being a child about the reality when you refuse the very basics.
    I have my own opinion about the efficiency of mask wearing, but it is required "by law" for the ophthalmology practice I work for to remain open. I find it ironic that the biggest complainers among patients are the very population we were masks for to protect. The older people are non stop whiners about it. Some of the poor little things must only have one disposable mask to wear to all their doctors appoints because they look worn and dirty. (I'm to the point I'm going to discreetly slip a new one to certain people). And a lot of the homemade masks given to them by well meaning friends and family don't fit properly. I call them "feed bags". I even had one man, who went to the expense of buying an N95 mask yet sat in the waiting room with it under his nose.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I have my own opinion about the efficiency of mask wearing, but it is required "by law" for the ophthalmology practice I work for to remain open. I find it ironic that the biggest complainers among patients are the very population we were masks for to protect. The older people are non stop whiners about it. Some of the poor little things must only have one disposable mask to wear to all their doctors appoints because they look worn and dirty. (I'm to the point I'm going to discreetly slip a new one to certain people). And a lot of the homemade masks given to them by well meaning friends and family don't fit properly. I call them "feed bags". I even had one man, who went to the expense of buying an N95 mask yet sat in the waiting room with it under his nose.
    My experience at work is similar. I see anywhere between 50 and 70 patients every day. It is probably more prevalent in the 60+ crowd that I have to tell to fit their masks correctly. But we issue brand new masks at the door as they enter if needed or warranted. We have approximately 200 employees in the building(on 2 floors) and see approximately 300 patients per day between clinics and/or physical therapy. Our doctors travel to area-wide hospitals in addition. Since March we have had strict protocols and have suffered a grand total of 3 doctors and 2 staff members testing positive. So I have a very hard time believing the protocols don't work. No they are not 100% but they do work.

My experience at work is similar. I see anywhere between 50 and 70 patients every day. It is probably more prevalent in the 60+ crowd that I have to tell to fit their masks correctly. But we issue brand new masks at the door as they enter if needed or warranted. We have approximately 200 employees in the building(on 2 floors) and see approximately 300 patients per day between clinics and/or physical therapy. Our doctors travel to area-wide hospitals in addition. Since March we have had strict protocols and have suffered a grand total of 3 doctors and 2 staff members testing positive. So I have a very hard time believing the protocols don't work. No they are not 100% but they do work.
    My wife had a doctor appointment and they made us swap masks to their issued mask. We both had good fitting clean masks but they said it's standard policy everyone had to have a standard mask on

Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Stay on topic...it’s not a political debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Stay on topic...it’s not a political debate.
    Seems like a topic about Covid and/or it’s effect.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

and it will get ugly real fast if it goes on here. Just scan the bilge area. (soapbox)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s steelers on a Covid list. Not what Covid is or isn’t or what it means to you or me. Lol. There’s plenty other soapbox threads to debate Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler