Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamar Jackson has Covid now

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Lamar Jackson has Covid now

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Say they play. Whatever that looks like. Then it spreads to the Steelers. Now Ben, Watt, and Heyward are out. Was it worth it?
    I’m not in the mood for logic right now, my Thursday was fucked

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

The Ravens are poop merchants.

I hate them.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I’m not in the mood for logic right now, my Thursday was fucked
    Can't live in fear and just play the games.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Say they play. Whatever that looks like. Then it spreads to the Steelers. Now Ben, Watt, and Heyward are out. Was it worth it?
    No it wouldn't be worth it and everyone would still be bitching and blaming the ravens even if we beat them. I just look at it as the team getting some extra rest which could be big since we are going into December.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    They made the raiders play with half their defensive starters out and the ravens are basically getting a free pass
    But the Raiders had a period of time where no one tested positive. The Ravens had not had that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

This might be the bye week we had wanted. Haha. They are hot right now so I hate to see it cancelled but they can't take a chance of spreading to steelers. I think raiders had no new case leading up to thier game and with today and tomorrow it's possible that ravens may have it mailed down and no new cases emerge

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Member Array title="Big Ben's Gray is on a distinguished road">

From the rats forum, I was reading through it to see what they were saying.

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...-the-Pitt-game

"The way I see it is the NFL has backed itself into a corner when it comes to how games were handled earlier in the season, when there was more flexibility because bye weeks could be moved, but there's less swallowable options now.

A) You completely move the game to a supposed week 18, thereby giving the Steelers and Ravens an extra in-season bye, and make other teams upset in the process who miss out on that.

B) You make the Ravens play with whoever is available and negative (though I could only see this happening if the league feels like they actually have the outbreak under control).

C) The outbreak isn't under control, the game cannot take place, and the Ravens are forced into the first Forfeit in league history for the sake of not screwing up the rest of the leagues season schedule

D) You push the game back to Tuesday to try and buy more time on the outbreak, and move the Ravens-Dallas game to Sunday, (again probably upsetting other teams in the league)"

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

D is almost certain to happen.

But I said it before, and I will say it now...the NFL planned to fail with this season. Why in the world they didn't just build extra weeks into the season from the start is absolutely ridiculous. Almost any rationale person could have foreseen this happening at least once.

Everyone gets 2 byes. That is all they had to do and none of this would be as big of a hurdle as it is right now.

Member Array title="Big Ben's Gray is on a distinguished road">

D is almost certain to happen.

But I said it before, and I will say it now...the NFL planned to fail with this season. Why in the world they didn't just build extra weeks into the season from the start is absolutely ridiculous. Almost any rationale person could have foreseen this happening at least once.

Everyone gets 2 byes. That is all they had to do and none of this would be as big of a hurdle as it is right now.
    Yep that's what just happened, game is Tuesday night for now....
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ue-coronavirus

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Niners fans are salty.

Steelers fans don’t even need to troll the Ravens about any of this; the Niners fans are doing all of the work for us.

NINERS FAN: We had to play without some of our starters...
    RAVENS FAN: We’d be without a QB...
    NINERS FAN: Youre already without a QB.
    RAVENS FAN: That’s why we beat you last year?
    NINERS FAN: In the Super Bowl?... no, that was KC.
    RAVENS FAN: Salty about that loss, eh.
    NINERS FAN: Call me when Lamar wins a playoff game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It seems a little fishy that they have made the schedule changes so that Jackson only misses one game and not two games. The NFL would lose him in two Primetime Games if the games were played. Now they’ll only miss him in one...

Conspiracy?!?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Y'all are going down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass over this.

There is no over-arching conspiracy. The NFL is desperately attempting to simultaneously make almost no concessions to a viral pandemic (why build extra bye weeks in; no need to go to a bubble; etc) and not lose any $weet $weet televi$ed game$.

This was all bound to happen at some point. Just sucks that the Steelers have been bystanders in two of the more prominent episodes.

Honestly, I am glad they are moving it. Ravens clearly suck at COVID. They have positive tests almost weekly. I truly believe Harbs is playing guys when he likely shouldn't be. Kicking off Tuesday gives the Steelers the greatest chance of not losing multiple players for two weeks post their rescheduled match-up with the NFL's 21st century version of Typhoid Mary.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

lets play ( IF ) if the Steelers game gets called off till week 18 . and if the rat birds can't play the cowboys on Sunday . then that means one team has 2 games to make up !!. do we have a week 19 ???
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    lets play ( IF ) if the Steelers game gets called off till week 18 . and if the rat birds can't play the cowboys on Sunday . then that means one team has 2 games to make up !!. do we have a week 19 ???
    Double header. Both on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Double header. Both on the road.
    Lol. Didn’t Deion play baseball and then fly across the country to play football? Or vice versa?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol. Didn’t Deion play baseball and then fly across the country to play football? Or vice versa?
    Deion played for the Falcons and Braves at one time. He played against the Dolphins in Miami and then flew to Pittsburgh and suited up against the Pirates on the same day.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ports-in-1-day

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Deion played for the Falcons and Braves at one time. He played against the Dolphins in Miami and then flew to Pittsburgh and suited up against the Pirates on the same day.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ports-in-1-day
    Pffft... that’s nothing.

In Super Bowl XXX, a certain “unnamed” QB suited up for the Steelers AND the Cowboys in the same game.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Pffft... that’s nothing.

In Super Bowl XXX, a certain “unnamed” QB suited up for the Steelers AND the Cowboys in the same game.
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Pffft... that’s nothing.

Lol