Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuck the ravens

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Fuck the ravens

Seriously fuck your mothers for screwing my Thursday

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Re: Fuck the ravens

I have to agree with those tweets as well, and this is becoming some world-class bs that points towards teams being borderline rewarded for botching their Covid-19 protocol. They screw up, and now everyone else has to pay for their mistake.

How about this notion: Field an F-ing Team (FFT)
    What happens when you're plagued with injuries? (Such as we were in 2019) You field a team and play with what you have, and are given no concessions by the NFUL. Now a team gets sick, and they get a pass. BS.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

The logic in me says that if half of your starters are out due to concussions, ACL’s, back spasms, high ankle sprains, etc., you play who you got. Because the other team is not going to possibly be infected by a contagious disease playing the uninjured remnants.

Trust me, I don’t blame you guys for being pissed. I was pissed. But had the game gone on as planned, the Steelers won 42-17 and next week 5 Steelers tested positive for COVID19, you would be pissed about that as well. Face it, we’re all fucked this year.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    The logic in me says that if half of your starters are out due to concussions, ACL’s, back spasms, high ankle sprains, etc., you play who you got. Because the other team is not going to possibly be infected by a contagious disease playing the uninjured remnants.

Trust me, I don’t blame you guys for being pissed. I was pissed. But had the game gone on as planned, the Steelers won 42-17 and next week 5 Steelers tested positive for COVID19, you would be pissed about that as well. Face it, we’re all fucked this year.
    Well said Crow.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post

Ok so now say your team gets an early bye say week 4 or 5 because another team got the covids. No penalty or fine for that team insteD your team gets an early bye so in every sense your team got punished. Now a few games down the line a few more teams get covid and are forced to play the game anyway. Few more weeks and your team has a big game and the team you play gets covid but instead of that team being forced to play the NFL decides they are going to switch things up. The inconsistency is the bull shit part of it and always has been. The Ravens are a team that get that favorable treatment from the NFL (see Ray Rice). If your team was forced to take an early bye and later forced to lose the chance at another mini bye and possibly losing the chance at another bye in the playoffs you would then know how we feel. Like I say no consistency and favorable treatment for Ravens. They should be investigated and penalized but we all know that won't happen and even if it does nothing will come of it.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Ok so now say your team gets an early bye say week 4 or 5 because another team got the covids. No penalty or fine for that team insteD your team gets an early bye so in every sense your team got punished. Now a few games down the line a few more teams get covid and are forced to play the game anyway. Few more weeks and your team has a big game and the team you play gets covid but instead of that team being forced to play the NFL decides they are going to switch things up. The inconsistency is the bull shit part of it and always has been. The Ravens are a team that get that favorable treatment from the NFL (see Ray Rice). If your team was forced to take an early bye and later forced to lose the chance at another mini bye and possibly losing the chance at another bye in the playoffs you would then know how we feel. Like I say no consistency and favorable treatment for Ravens. They should be investigated and penalized but we all know that won't happen and even if it does nothing will come of it.
    Yes they should be, I mean if Tomlin is hit for not having a mask on this should certainly be looked into. I don't remember but I don't think Rice ever played football after KO'ing his girlfriend, if that is what you were referring to.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Yes they should be, I mean if Tomlin is hit for not having a mask on this should certainly be looked into. I don't remember but I don't think Rice ever played football after KO'ing his girlfriend, if that is what you were referring to.
    Yes but the initial penalty was 2 game suspension. It took public outrage for go to hell to change the punishment to something more strict.

Yes but the initial penalty was 2 game suspension. It took public outrage for go to hell to change the punishment to something more strict.
    Yes, I remember that now. Roger is all about the dollars.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

All I can remember is the last time the NFL played during a pandemic...oh, wait.

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

Latest has it more Ravens have tested positive, including Lamar Jackson. I'm beginning to think this is going to end in outright forfeit. No way the league moves this to "week 18."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/looking...021214500.html

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

With Ravens-Steelers game in jeopardy, what could the NFL do? Here are the options.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...pru-story.html

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

looks like tuesday now

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    looks like tuesday now
    Absolutely disgusts me.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Luckily, for both teams, their games after the Ravens-Steelers game is against not only an NFC team (if you “have” to lose a game, an NFC loss hurts you the least) but the worst division in the NFC that I’ve seen in a decade.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Now the Steelers are coming up with positive players and a coach.

I honestly want this investigated as well. Why the hell is it so hard to follow the damn protocols and wear a mask when you’re around anyone else?

I want to know if this was preventable and someone screwed up, or if somehow these Steelers got infected while being perfect.

Something tells me that it was people getting lax and putting the damn season in jeopardy.

It’s like damn childcare.

The whole country seem like a bunch of children right now.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Danny Smiths spit shield didnt work.

He tested positive

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

He tested positive

Oh no. How will we survive a game without the wizard of special teams?

Why does it not surprise me that Danny Smith failed at something life oriented?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

He tested positive

I thought I saw him wearing a regular mask last weekend, should have kept the shield.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    I thought I saw him wearing a regular mask last weekend, should have kept the shield.
    He should have wore your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    I doubt this had anything to do with the last game. He more likely got it during the week. Maybe when he took
    his mask off to change his bubble gum.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Now the Steelers are coming up with positive players and a coach.

I honestly want this investigated as well. Why the hell is it so hard to follow the damn protocols and wear a mask when you’re around anyone else?

I want to know if this was preventable and someone screwed up, or if somehow these Steelers got infected while being perfect.

Something tells me that it was people getting lax and putting the damn season in jeopardy.

It’s like damn childcare.

The whole country seem like a bunch of children right now.
    I'm here to tell ya masks are BS. My wife tested positive , she's a nurse, wears a mask all day everyday, I wear a mask all day at work religiously to protect the loved ones. Yet here it is. Shit and pandemics happen

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

Masks are just a layer of protection, not a full on deterrent.

Additionally they are more for reducing the distance of the particulate we expel when we open our pie holes for whatever reason.

Saying they are useless, is well...useless.

I am sure the infection control one needs to take to reduce the risk of contracting COVID wasn’t followed by members of any team.

Think about how many times you touch your face, really be cognizant of how often... add in the addition of reusing masks that may of had blocked COVID particulate on the outer and you take it off and now it’s on your hands...multiply that by how many times you reuse the same mask... yeah, tempting fate.

People take for granted this point... not sterilizing their hands immediately and not reusing that mask, especially if you were around anyone breathing.

Again masks are just a layer of protection, not a force field of invulnerability.

But wtf do I know... I only stayed at a Holiday inn express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I'm here to tell ya masks are BS. My wife tested positive , she's a nurse, wears a mask all day everyday, I wear a mask all day at work religiously to protect the loved ones. Yet here it is. Shit and pandemics happen

Does your wife work in a hospital ward, or operating room? Physician operated clinic? Other?

What class of mask does she wear?

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Does your wife work in a hospital ward, or operating room? Physician operated clinic? Other?

What class of mask does she wear?
    She works in a clinic and wears a normal paper mask.

We all have some exposure level and sometimes you're doing everything your told to do and still get it.

We know for a fact the Ravens guy screwed up, but do we really think he would have infected no one if he had on a simple mask? Doubtful

Merry Christmas

So now the broncos have no QB and yet the game goes on. This just goes to show there is no consistancy in who gets a game pushed back and who does not.

If it was consistant across the board then yes player safety is the factor but the NFL is not about player safety. The NFL gives favorable treatment to certain teams and it has nothing to do with player safety.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

So now the broncos have no QB and yet the game goes on. This just goes to show there is no consistancy in who gets a game pushed back and who does not.

If it was consistant across the board then yes player safety is the factor but the NFL is not about player safety. The NFL gives favorable treatment to certain teams and it has nothing to do with player safety.

Live view of the NFL’s “decision-making” process.

Chiefs-Raidahs... play as scheduled

Ravens-Steelers... postponed

Saints-Broncos... red snapper

Re: Masks, I believe the CDC reported as early as March that cloth masks are ineffective, yet people wear them in masses (even at work!). The Broncos being forced to play show exactly how inept the NFL is with its decision making. The Steelers-Ravens game should have gone on as scheduled Thursday night provided players were tested up to the latest possible point and cleared to do so. Let's be clear: the Ravens screwed themselves, but the NFL screwed the fans as Tuesday night game is shaping up to be the varsity against the junior varsity backups.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The Raiders and Broncos games are not being moved because (at least according to what the NFL Is saying) there was an initial positive test, multiple players were restricted as close contacts, and then no further positive tests. In the NFL's view this means an organization has the outbreak under control and there is limited risk of transmission to the other team or further within the team with the outbreak. So, you play...even if the team you put on the field is a joke.

In the Ravens situation, the NFL view is that the outbreak is NOT under control (additional positive tests daily) and that team poses a transmission risk to the other team and further within their own organization. So the game is moved or rescheduled.

There is a ton of bullshit and nonsense involved as well. But there is an underlying logic. However, that logic is getting bent all out of shape in order to allow the league to pretend their protocols work and allow them to conduct business as usual.

The biggest issues is competitive balance. The Saints get an auto-win today against the Broncos. Someone is going to be playing on a short week next week and the week after as a result of the Steelers-Ravens reschedule. These may seem like little things, but they add up over the course of a season. In a league as closely packed as the NFL...it can alter the outcome of a season. That then alters people's jobs and $$$.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

The fact the Ravens are above a dozen positive cases creates a problem bigger than football. Baltimore clearly doesn't have a handle on this as day by day more players test positive so desperate times call for desperate measures. The Ravens are forced by their employer (The NFL) to forfeit the game. The Steelers have bent over backwards to accommodate Baltimore and playing the game does 2 things. 1. It exposes twice as many people to the virus. 2. Its not competitive with the Ravens missing a dozen plus players. Don't reschedule it just hand down the punishment.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    She works in a clinic and wears a normal paper mask.

We all have some exposure level and sometimes you're doing everything your told to do and still get it.

We know for a fact the Ravens guy screwed up, but do we really think he would have infected no one if he had on a simple mask? Doubtful

So she wears probably an ASTM Class 1 mask. Lowest level of medical mask. If she touched a patient or surface that had virus on it and then touched her mask with that hand(gloved or not), then there is virus on the mask.

In Surgery a Class 3 mask is normally worn. If a Surgeon or Scrub Nurse touches their mask by mistake, to reposition or to itch their nose, then its deemed to be contaminated and they have to change the gloves and mask or scrub out. I have seen those exact things happen, I know the guidelines and the standards and practice of sterile technique.

Masks do work to reduce airborne spread of virus or bacteria, its whey they wear them in surgery and other sterile environments to reduce the risk of nosocomial infection in hospitals. What many people dont understand is sterile technique of how to handle and use masks to minimize contamination. Some healthcare professionals arent diligent about handling a mask properly, so the general public isnt going to be good at it. The positive is that once somebody has a mask on, it minimizes any airborne droplets, but its not 100% perfect at stopping transmission.

Think of the neck gaiter that Tomlin wears, then he breathes on it and the microphone of his headset. Then he pulls down the neck gaiter to talk to somebody and touches the headset microphone. He is completely contaminating the entire site. Then consider James Conner putting in and taking out his mouthgard and touching the football while contaminated. Its a miracle that more people in the Steelers facility are not positive.