Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuck the ravens

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Fuck the ravens

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Re: Masks, I believe the CDC reported as early as March that cloth masks are ineffective, yet people wear them in masses (even at work!). The Broncos being forced to play show exactly how inept the NFL is with its decision making. The Steelers-Ravens game should have gone on as scheduled Thursday night provided players were tested up to the latest possible point and cleared to do so. Let's be clear: the Ravens screwed themselves, but the NFL screwed the fans as Tuesday night game is shaping up to be the varsity against the junior varsity backups.
    Do you know, or do you believe? What do you believe that they are ineffective at??

The reality was that in March, there was never any Level 1 medical evidence of the percentage of effectiveness of masks in preventing spread of virus. That means there were no double-blind randomized control trials, with a crossover arm that definitively stated masks were better than no mask. Its a tool in making evidence based medical decisions and recommendations.

There are retrospective studies, single arm studies, anecdotal evidence that shows a mask it better than no mask. Also, its just plain common sense.

The unfortunate part of the entire masks-no mask debate is that many people make up their mind first, then look for evidence to support their position. Looking at and trying to understand medical studies isnt factoring in their opinions.

As for the NFL and Ravens screwing anybody. The NFL likely doesn't have good impartial medical advisers and hasnt filtered down information on infection prevention practices. They likely put some practices in place to satisfy some guidelines and then get games going so they can start the money making machine rolling. This shouldn't be a blame game, with flinger pointing, but a lot of people feel that in order for them to be right, somebody else has to be wrong. Its just the situation of playing a contact sport during a pandemic.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So she wears probably an ASTM Class 1 mask. Lowest level of medical mask. If she touched a patient or surface that had virus on it and then touched her mask with that hand(gloved or not), then there is virus on the mask.

In Surgery a Class 3 mask is normally worn. If a Surgeon or Scrub Nurse touches their mask by mistake, to reposition or to itch their nose, then its deemed to be contaminated and they have to change the gloves and mask or scrub out. I have seen those exact things happen, I know the guidelines and the standards and practice of sterile technique.

Masks do work to reduce airborne spread of virus or bacteria, its whey they wear them in surgery and other sterile environments to reduce the risk of nosocomial infection in hospitals. What many people dont understand is sterile technique of how to handle and use masks to minimize contamination. Some healthcare professionals arent diligent about handling a mask properly, so the general public isnt going to be good at it. The positive is that once somebody has a mask on, it minimizes any airborne droplets, but its not 100% perfect at stopping transmission.

Think of the neck gaiter that Tomlin wears, then he breathes on it and the microphone of his headset. Then he pulls down the neck gaiter to talk to somebody and touches the headset microphone. He is completely contaminating the entire site. Then consider James Conner putting in and taking out his mouthgard and touching the football while contaminated. Its a miracle that more people in the Steelers facility are not positive.
    No I believe the masks reduce spread. I was just everyone piling on this " they must have done something wrong" it's just no that way. You can try your best but if you are out there living in this world you have some exposure.

Everyone constantly touches thier masks at work, even all these no the later most people don't find them comfortable. Likely causing just as much trouble.

On a side note I was quarantine two week a while back for drinking beer at a pub with a friend that tested positive a day after. Twelve of us " in a bar like atmosphere" no one got it

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Do you know, or do you believe? What do you believe that they are ineffective at??

The reality was that in March, there was never any Level 1 medical evidence of the percentage of effectiveness of masks in preventing spread of virus. That means there were no double-blind randomized control trials, with a crossover arm that definitively stated masks were better than no mask. Its a tool in making evidence based medical decisions and recommendations.

There are retrospective studies, single arm studies, anecdotal evidence that shows a mask it better than no mask. Also, its just plain common sense.

The unfortunate part of the entire masks-no mask debate is that many people make up their mind first, then look for evidence to support their position. Looking at and trying to understand medical studies isnt factoring in their opinions.

As for the NFL and Ravens screwing anybody. The NFL likely doesn't have good impartial medical advisers and hasnt filtered down information on infection prevention practices. They likely put some practices in place to satisfy some guidelines and then get games going so they can start the money making machine rolling. This shouldn't be a blame game, with flinger pointing, but a lot of people feel that in order for them to be right, somebody else has to be wrong. Its just the situation of playing a contact sport during a pandemic.
    Best we know there has yet to be cross team could contamination? Which seems near impossible with those guys out there huffing and puffing and sweating on each other

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    No I believe the masks reduce spread. I was just everyone piling on this " they must have done something wrong" it's just no that way. You can try your best but if you are out there living in this world you have some exposure.

Everyone constantly touches thier masks at work, even all these no the later most people don't find them comfortable. Likely causing just as much trouble.

On a side note I was quarantine two week a while back for drinking beer at a pub with a friend that tested positive a day after. Twelve of us " in a bar like atmosphere" no one got it

I agree, masks do reduce risk of spread. If you get Covid, you didnt do anything wrong.

As for your quarantine story, I completely get it. --My buddy and his family are in self isolation right now, because his daughter is positive and the virus wiped her out for about a week. But neither him or anybody else in his house has Covid. They literally have been living in the same house with somebody that tested positive 10 days ago, has symptoms and has been sleeping 16 hours a day while they recover.....but they havent got it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Best we know there has yet to be cross team could contamination? Which seems near impossible with those guys out there huffing and puffing and sweating on each other

IMO, the most important thing is making sure nobody that has the virus or symptoms is on the field/sidelines on gameday, so there is no transmission to another player and another team. That way they can keep it in their own house.

NBA and NHL bubble scenarios were the best model, but the NFL has 3 times the players and its likely not feasible. NFL is doing the best they can given the situation, but there likely are some lessons learned that can improve things more.

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

I believe the CDC reported as early as March that cloth masks are ineffective. Upon checking the internet (insert giggles here, cause, you know, everything is true there), it appears they're ok with them being double-layered. Previous articles published in September mentioned cloth not being effective in containing/preventing certain size molecules from passing through. I personally don't know, but only wear the surgical mask-type.

I'm well aware of confirmation-bias and believe masks of any type are better than no masks, but know they alone won't work necessarily work for reasons mentioned elsewhere in this thread (e.g. people constantly touching their face/masks). The temperature checks many places of employment are, in my opinion, about the most they can do with the least amount of effort for assurance: they're not going to detect asymptomatic people infected.

I don't think there is any finger pointing with regards to the larger picture of a pandemic. I do think teams need to be held accountable for not following protocols and endangering others. However, I don't think there's much they can do within the realm of players' outside lives which may, or may not, be just as much, if not more, of a contributor to the issue. Nobody knows for certain. Nevertheless, the NFL's handling of various incidents and situations has been anything but consistent, to which they're deserving of criticism. It's all unfortunate, but I fear it's only going to get worse before it gets better. They (the NFL) don't have control over what happens, but they have control over how they respond and they need to show more consistency which demonstrates they actually have a plan in place rather than winging it from game to game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I believe the CDC reported as early as March that cloth masks are ineffective. Upon checking the internet (insert giggles here, cause, you know, everything is true there), it appears they're ok with them being double-layered. Previous articles published in September mentioned cloth not being effective in containing/preventing certain size molecules from passing through. I personally don't know, but only wear the surgical mask-type.

I'm well aware of confirmation-bias and believe masks of any type are better than no masks, but know they alone won't work necessarily work for reasons mentioned elsewhere in this thread (e.g. people constantly touching their face/masks). The temperature checks many places of employment are, in my opinion, about the most they can do with the least amount of effort for assurance: they're not going to detect asymptomatic people infected.

I don't think there is any finger pointing with regards to the larger picture of a pandemic. I do think teams need to be held accountable for not following protocols and endangering others. However, I don't think there's much they can do within the realm of players' outside lives which may, or may not, be just as much, if not more, of a contributor to the issue. Nobody knows for certain. Nevertheless, the NFL's handling of various incidents and situations has been anything but consistent, to which they're deserving of criticism. It's all unfortunate, but I fear it's only going to get worse before it gets better. They (the NFL) don't have control over what happens, but they have control over how they respond and they need to show more consistency which demonstrates they actually have a plan in place rather than winging it from game to game.
    The gator masks were the ones that weren’t safe and actually worse than not wearing a mask. Also the ones with the filters are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Re: Masks, I believe the CDC reported as early as March that cloth masks are ineffective, yet people wear them in masses (even at work!).
    Just for the record. I've been a Medical Technologist the past (35) years. 20 in the Military, 15 with the VA. I've worked with WMD and have 20 years NBC (Nuclear, BIOLOGICAL and Chemical) Warfare training. I've been to the CDC laboratories when I was on Active Duty.

That said.... The info posted on the CDC's website back then was BS fake news on their website at the time. Remember the CDC is a GOVERNMENT agency...and WHO is at the Top of the Food chain of our government.

The Administration got TONS of blowback for changing the CDC's website back then and was forced to put back the correct MEDICAL/SCIENCE based information.

Go to WebMD, Mayo Clinic and other REPUTABLE websites for accurate information on masks and COVID.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Delayed till Wednesday cause ravens players threatened a wildcat strike. Fuckem NFL should have called thier bluff. Denver has to be pissed now

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Fuck the Ravens and their preferential treatment. Game should be canceled, they should forfiet

- - - Updated - - -

Heard game will be at 2:20 what a crock of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Fuck the Ravens and their preferential treatment. Game should be canceled, they should forfiet

- - - Updated - - -

Heard game will be at 2:20 what a crock of shit
    3:40 eastern

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Sorry should have clarified 2:40 cst

Early game because NBC has a tree lighting scheduled for that night

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

When’s the last time an NFL game was played when the stock market was still open ?

he Steelers game against the Washington Football Team, originally scheduled for Sunday, will move to Monday, Dec. 7 at 5 p.m. ET. The NFL will announce broadcast arrangements for that game at a later dat

Merry Christmas

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Live view of the NFL’s “decision-making” process.
    Stupid! They're so STUpid! Great reference from one of my favorite comedies.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

What I really appreciate, is that the Steelers organization has been very quiet during the last week. No whining, no bitching, just going about business. It serves us well

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    What I really appreciate, is that the Steelers organization has been very quiet during the last week. No whining, no bitching, just going about business. It serves us well
    Would be great if some of that would rub off on us.

Member Array title="jens.karlsson.14 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Just win

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Agreed. Sign of a class franchise.

We will be rehashing this debacle 25 years from now. Well, maybe some of you lol. That would make me 85. Not taking bets on that!

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Proves once again that Bell, Brown and Haley leaving were good riddances.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Agreed. Sign of a class franchise.

We will be rehashing this debacle 25 years from now. Well, maybe some of you lol. That would make me 85. Not taking bets on that!
    Yeah unlike the Ravens who like their whiney ass coach throw a fit if things don't go their way.

Fuck the Ravens!!!

Because the game is being played early Wednesday (last minute no less) my son will not be able to watch the game. I hope the NFL loses money because of this

Yeah unlike the Ravens who like their whiney ass coach throw a fit if things don't go their way.

Fuck the Ravens!!!

Because the game is being played early Wednesday (last minute no less) my son will not be able to watch the game. I hope the NFL loses money because of this
    As far as game time. I figure they are trying balance viewership and time off for the next game.

Shit how much practice did the Broncos QB get, they should have threatened a walk out

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    When’s the last time an NFL game was played when the stock market was still open ?
    Not really sure however you should post more, your sig is a brilliant light in otherwise dark times!

As far as game time. I figure they are trying balance viewership and time off for the next game.

Shit how much practice did the Broncos QB get, they should have threatened a walk out

Game had to be early due to NBC wanting to cover the Rockefeller center tree lighting.

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

And just like that, I now have to take two vacation days if I want to watch games that should have been played while I was off/to be off. Thanks, NFL. I seriously hope the Steelers stick it to the Ravens. I'm more concerned about the following week's game.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Game had to be early due to NBC wanting to cover the Rockefeller center tree lighting.
    That tree looked as dry as last years birds-nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That tree looked as dry as last years birds-nest.
    That tree looked aweful, Deblasio budget cut maybe

Merry Christmas

So how bout the Steelers turning the table on not only the whiney bitch Ravens but also the NFL? Instead of playing our starters play our backups. Giving the NFL And the new bitch pigion Ravens the big middle finger all at the same time.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

So how bout the Steelers turning the table on not only the whiney bitch Ravens but also the NFL? Instead of playing our starters play our backups. Giving the NFL And the new bitch pigion Ravens the big middle finger all at the same time.
    Because our back up QBs can’t beat RG3.

This game isn’t a gimme. The Ravens have their RBs back. Their backups beat us last year.

If the Cowboys with their 8th string QB almost beat us I’m not taking anything for granted.

Member Array title="Devil's D will become famous soon enough">

If the Steelers lose, once they have clinched a payoff birth they should immediately go on a wildcat strike , and take 3-4 weeks off before their first playoff game. That is, IF the Raven bitches even allow a post season this year.

Fuck the Ravens, and fuck the NFL for placating those infantile spoiled brats! Why on earth would some poor dumb bastard working 60hrs/wk at some shitty job spend one dime of their hard earned money to continue to support these millionaire bitches? They have already lost a significant portion of their fan base because of their BLM bullshit, now they repeatedly and capriciously postpone a game to appease one team. I’m only sticking around to see Ben get another ring, after that……they can all eat a big bag of dicks!