Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 12:Baltimore Ravens(6-4)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Week 12:Baltimore Ravens(6-4)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    As I too posted....other than the obvious 'money' reason....

I think we are all old enough to understand money talks. Here is the pivot point though, IMO. The game is scheduled for Tuesday, the day after tomorrow, 2 days away. 22 players have tested positive with 2 testing positive just this morning. This is still an ongoing outbreak. Cancel the damn game. Add it back on at the end of the season IF it even makes a difference for playoff seeding. It can then be played on NBC in primetime. I don't understand why the risk here is less than the reward there.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Add Willie Snead to the Clovid List. I think that’s 7-8 offensive starters?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    As I too posted....other than the obvious 'money' reason....

I think we are all old enough to understand money talks. Here is the pivot point though, IMO. The game is scheduled for Tuesday, the day after tomorrow, 2 days away. 22 players have tested positive with 2 testing positive just this morning. This is still an ongoing outbreak. Cancel the damn game. Add it back on at the end of the season IF it even makes a difference for playoff seeding. It can then be played on NBC in primetime. I don't understand why the risk here is less than the reward there.
    I wholeheartedly agree: postpone this game.

Matthew Judon just tested positive. There are something like 22 Ravens players who have the ‘rona. Speaking from an ego-centric standpoint: I’d be scared to play against them (for fear of losing Steelers players for the next two weeks). On a more altruistic scale: how can they let a team so depleted take the field???

One last thing: as I have avered repeatedly, the NFL should have postponed this game already... so that the Steelers players could have taken the past week off.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Play the damn game.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Is there snow in the forecast??

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree: postpone this game.

Matthew Judon just tested positive. There are something like 22 Ravens players who have the ‘rona. Speaking from an ego-centric standpoint: I’d be scared to play against them (for fear of losing Steelers players for the next two weeks). On a more altruistic scale: how can they let a team so depleted take the field???

One last thing: as I have avered repeatedly, the NFL should have postponed this game already... so that the Steelers players could have taken the past week off.
    I think the Ravens should have to forfeit the next game they make another team wait for. They've used up all their good fortune.

As much as I want to play this game this highlighted quoted part is why I agree, just postpone it.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I think the Ravens should have to forfeit the next game they make another team wait for. They've used up all their good fortune.

As much as I want to play this game this highlighted quoted part is why I agree, just postpone it.
    Run up a quick 4 score lead in the first quarter against a team that can barely field starters, then get all of your '1s' off of the field. Call up a bunch of PS / grocery-bagger types off of the street, give 'em a hat and let them be 'Rona sponges for the remaining 3 quarters, keeping the starters healthy for another week.

All kidding aside, even playing this game on Tuesday has me nervous. Baltimore is turning into a walking petri dish with all of their infections. Leave it to those jackasses to play the game, lose by 5 touchdowns and still manage to screw the Steelers with infections for the remainder of the season.

Even though this game will be an absolute curb-stomping given the loss of talent on Baltimore's roster, I'd breathe a sigh of relief if the game gets postponed.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is there snow in the forecast??
    Yes.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

We talkin bout practice???

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Bad weather only helps the Ravens as randomness is an equalizer.

I wish something would go right. I just want this game over with already.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Heck yeah, snow game...bring it.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Heck yeah, snow game...bring it.
    Need “The Bus” for that.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The selfish part of me wants to see the game. The "what's in the best interest of the team" part of me thinks the bye would serve them better. I'm talking in football terms alone and leaving the virus out of it. Obviously, I don't want to see anyone sick, but it is what it is.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I'm tired being tired about the rescheduling.

The NFL needs to be consistent and have some balls. Right now, they are making a mockery of how to have a REAL plan and how to run a professional sports league.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    Run up a quick 4 score lead in the first quarter against a team that can barely field starters, then get all of your '1s' off of the field. Call up a bunch of PS / grocery-bagger types off of the street, give 'em a hat and let them be 'Rona sponges for the remaining 3 quarters, keeping the starters healthy for another week.

All kidding aside, even playing this game on Tuesday has me nervous. Baltimore is turning into a walking petri dish with all of their infections. Leave it to those jackasses to play the game, lose by 5 touchdowns and still manage to screw the Steelers with infections for the remainder of the season.

Even though this game will be an absolute curb-stomping given the loss of talent on Baltimore's roster, I'd breathe a sigh of relief if the game gets postponed.
    New Steelers fan? They don’t make anything easy...especially against the Ravens...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I'm tired being tired about the rescheduling.

The NFL needs to be consistent and have some balls. Right now, they are making a mockery of how to have a REAL plan and how to run a professional sports league.
    RELAX Tube....it’s not going to get any better.

Ravens players still have not been informed about travel plans for Pittsburgh. Also heard a report on the radio that there are grumbling a that the Ravens players may be refusing to play Tuesday?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Schefter is now reporting the game is being moved to Wednesday! This is getting ridiculous.

Senior Member Array title="hwalker84 will become famous soon enough">

Game moved to Wednesday per Schefter...

Saying that the Washington game would be moved to Monday night.

Maybe they can just play the game on Zoom?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Maybe they can just play the game on Zoom?
    Juju challenged Marlon Humphrey to a game on Madden

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

WTF, so we get to play back to back games, at this rate we will be playing Sunday then Monday

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

So the nfl will bend over backwards to ensure the rats are adequately prepared for this game like a pampering mother spoiling a bratty child but the Broncos don't have a qb and the NFL decides to take a not my problem approach

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    So the nfl will bend over backwards to ensure the rats are adequately prepared for this game like a pampering mother spoiling a bratty child but the Broncos don't have a qb and the NFL decides to take a not my problem approach
    Would it be better to beat the Ravens and have a dozen Steelers infected and miss 2 games?