Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 12:Baltimore Ravens(6-4)

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 12:Baltimore Ravens(6-4)

Yeah but........

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They already dumped the Pro Bowl.
    I dumped it in the 70's.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I dumped it in the 70's.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I dumped it in the 70's.
    Me too!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

To top off the Ratbirds Covid news, Joe Haden posts this.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    To top off the Ratbirds Covid news, Joe Haden posts this.

Well if it was the other guys fault, his insurance better pull out the wallet for a RR repair.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Anybody recognize what that hunk of metal on the ground is?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Just heard on the radio that it's being tweeted that the game is being moved to TUESDAY.......

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Just heard on the radio that it's being tweeted that the game is being moved to TUESDAY.......
    Yep, just saw while watching Texas vs Iowa st.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Steelers cannot take a bye, because they have to prepare as though this game will indeed be played on Tuesday.

But... if/when it gets postponed again, the Steelers players will be angry (and rightfully so) about not getting this time off.

SUMMATION:
    If the NFL would make a decision on Wednesday and STUCK with it, then the Steelers could have had three days off (a mini-bye). Instead, they’ve been in limbo. It’s gotta be frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They already dumped the Pro Bowl.
    True... my point:
    Slide the playoffs into the pre-Super Bowl bye-week.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Gee...almost like their is an unchecked pandemic going on or something.

Be interesting to see what the next round of testing shows. Based on what I think the NFL's approach seems to be is that if there are NO additional positive tests tomorrow...game on. As the "outbreak" would be "contained". If either team pops more positive tests...then they are likely forced to move the game to a Week 18?

Again, this is why a multi-bye week schedule from the start would have made far more sense than the denial based plan the NFL chose to ride or die with.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Well if it was the other guys fault, his insurance better pull out the wallet for a RR repair.
    No doubt - that thing costs more than many folks' houses.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    The ONLY part of this whole thing that could actually piss me off would be if the Steelers starters get Covid as the Ravens test negative and the NFL says play anyway. That might make me quit on the season altogether. I see enough rigging and bias in college football.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Trying to think a little ahead. If the Ravens cant play Tuesday, but the league feels they are only a couple days away then maybe the Steelers and the Ravens skip their two NFC games for the following week? Not saying its fair but the NFC opponents are not as important as divisional game.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

The most important thing is that all the players and coaches affected recover and football goes on.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 12

Note: The Steelers did not hold practice on Monday 11/23, Thursday 11/26, Friday 11/27 or Saturday 11/28. Reports for those practices are estimations.

Game Status

CB Joe Haden (Knee) - Questionable
    RB Jaylen Samuels (Quadriceps) - Out
    Special Teams Coordinator Danny Smith will not coach on Tuesday due to an illness. Assistant Wide Receivers Coach Blaine Stewart Blaine Stewart will assume the role.
    Quarterbacks Coach Matt Canada will not coach on Tuesday due to illness.
    Saturday, November 28
    QB Ben Roethlisberger (NIR/Quadriceps) - Full
    WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Foot) - Full
    CB Joe Haden (Knee) - Limited
    RB Jaylen Samuels (Quadriceps) - DNP
    LB Jayrone Elliott (Illness) - Full
    C Maurkice Pouncey (NIR) - Full
    G David DeCastro (NIR) - Full
    T Alejandro Villanueva (NIR) - Full
    TE Eric Ebron (NIR) - Full
    DE Stephon Tuitt (NIR) - Full
    DE Tyson Alualu (NIR) - Full
    DT Cameron Heyward (NIR/Ankle) - Full
    LB Vince Williams (NIR) - Full

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

What’s interesting is that if they’d played on Thursday we’d be blaming the Ravens for all these Steelers’ positives.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I dumped it in the 70's.
    LMAO x 10!

This is very serious. While most of the players and coaches will recover with little to no symptoms, this virus can be deadly to some. I know we all make fun of Danny Smith, but he and many other coaches may have underlying health issues that make this situation very dangerous. Some things are bigger than a damn football game.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Cowboy Up Ravens!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Here’s an analogy (and a true series of events):

Neighbor 1: wore her mask, was careful, and still got COVID... then, she immediately told all of her close contacts.

Neighbor 2: wore her mask, was careful, and still got COVID... but, told no one for days upon days. In the meantime, she went over to several people’s houses and even asked several people to take her children to school (but, she didn’t tell them that the reason she needed them to take her kids was because she wasn’t feeling well).

QUESTION 1: Which neighbor do you say handled things the correct way?

QUESTION 2: Which one is analogous for the Ravens’ strength & conditioning coach?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Neighbor 1: wore her mask, was careful, and still got COVID... then, she immediately told all of her close contacts.

Neighbor 2: wore her mask, was careful, and still got COVID... but, told no one for days upon days. In the meantime, she went over to several people’s houses and even asked several people to take her children to school (but, she didn’t tell them that the reason she needed them to take her kids was because she wasn’t feeling well).

QUESTION 2: Which one is analogous for the Ravens’ strength & conditioning coach?
    Sounds like Solomon Wisdom.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Is this a trick question?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    This is very serious. While most of the players and coaches will recover with little to no symptoms, this virus can be deadly to some. I know we all make fun of Danny Smith, but he and many other coaches may have underlying health issues that make this situation very dangerous. Some things are bigger than a damn football game.

Yes, this is true. Andrews being diabetic does statistically have risk of more complications as illness generally messes with your blood glucose levels. Him being in good physical condition likely helps him out, but if Von Miller said it took a toll on him with his asthma, it could be tough on Andrews as well.

BTW, Henry Mondeaux is also Type 1 diabetic like Mark Andrews is.

22 total with 2 more testing positive this morning. Outside of the obvious 'money' reason, why is this game still on?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I would rather see it cancelled and ONLY rescheduled at the end if the outcome would have playoff seeding implications.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    22 total with 2 more testing positive this morning. Outside of the obvious 'money' reason, why is this game still on?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I would rather see it cancelled and ONLY rescheduled at the end if the outcome would have playoff seeding implications.
    There is no reason other than money and the NFL's insistence that they are "immune" to the pandemic.

It’s all about the money...marquee matchup that they want televised on nbc in one form or fashion...