Thread: Chris Boswell

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Chris Boswell

Just want to recognize how good Boswell has been this year and how good he has been since he joined the Steelers. Not having to worry about kicking is a great luxury.

Chris Boswell has been with the Steelers since 2015. That is somewhat rare in the NFL. Kickers change teams constantly.

there are only 5 other kickers out of 31 that have been with their team as long as Boswell has been with the Steelers.

After the fiasco with Josh Scobee, I appreciate that consistency and he is clearly having a great year this year.

He is perfect on FG attempts this year having made 100% of his tries and he made his career longest of 59 yards.

He is an asset to this team and should be recognized as such.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Chris Boswell

On a related note, the Steelers tried out 2 kickers this week. I hope Bos doesn't have to quarantine or has Covid.
    Last edited by tube517; 11-21-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    On a related note, the Steelers tried out 2 kickers this week. I hope Bos doesn't have to quarantine has Covid.
    Yeah that's weird and can be the only reason. He did miss an XP but has been money otherwise.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

This thread deserves a bump.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

One of the best kicker in the NFL since he is in the NFL(outside of 2018)....How many kicker in the NFL outside of Justin Tucker is better that Boswell right now?

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Mason Crosby, Justin Tucker, Matt Prater, Brandon McManus and Dustin Hopkins are the other kickers with longer tenures

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Mason Crosby, Justin Tucker, Matt Prater, Brandon McManus and Dustin Hopkins are the other kickers with longer tenures
    I think Tucker is above all of them. Boswell is probably, minimum, Top-2 out of the remaining mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

If the snap and hold are good, Boswell is money. His 59 yarder impressed me. I did not know he had that type of range.