Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 11: For Whom to Root

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Week 11: For Whom to Root

For those of us who have time (yea, right LOL) to watch other games, here are the teams for whom you should probably be rooting (because, these wins/losses will help the Steelers).

Titans @ Ravens: Duh... GO TITANS!!!

Taperiots @ Texans: Go Texans... because, I dislike cheaters.

Eagles @ Browns: Go Eagles... a loss by a division foe is always a good thing.

Dolphins @ Broncos: Go Broncos (meh)... because, just in case (for playoff seeeding).

Packers @ Colts: Go Packers... definitely because of playoff seeding.

Chiefs @ Raidahs: GO RAIDERS!!!... because, getting the top seed forces the Chiefs to a) play an extra game, and b) play the Steelers in Pittsburgh (if they do indeed play each other in the playoffs). Alas, da Raidahs have six(?) of their starting defenders on COVID quarantine.

Enjoy!!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 11: For Whom to Root

I don't think we're going to be happy with its results on Sunday, since outside the game packers-colts (and I'm not worried about the colts) I don't think the teams in bold will win

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I don't think we're going to be happy with its results on Sunday, since outside the game packers-colts (and I'm not worried about the colts) I don't think the teams in bold will win
    That said...

Root, root, root for the bold teams;
    For, if they don’t win it’s a shame.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Eagles have a chance. Titans are on a slide, raiders could pull it off but not without a defense

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    For those of us who have time (yea, right LOL) to watch other games, here are the teams for whom you should probably be rooting (because, these wins/losses will help the Steelers).

Dolphins @ Broncos: Go Broncos (meh)... because, just in case (for playoff seeeding).

Chiefs @ Raidahs: GO RAIDERS!!!... because, getting the top seed forces the Chiefs to a) play an extra game, and b) play the Steelers in Pittsburgh (if they do indeed play each other in the playoffs). Alas, da Raidahs have six(?) of their starting defenders on COVID quarantine.

Enjoy!!!
    Cardinals @ Rainy City Bitch Pigeons

Because Seattle is annoying and I like Kyler Murray

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Yes!! I love when this thread starts.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Steelers and raiders. If the Steelers win every other game is not important.

Послато са Mi A1 помоћу Тапатока

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Cardinals @ Rainy City Bitch Pigeons

Because Seattle is annoying and I like Kyler Murray
    and Rams @ Bucs

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I hope a hot team like the Dolphins makes the playoffs and at least gives the Chiefs a fight in the first round (assuming we hold onto the #1 seed of course).

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Alas, da Raidahs have six(?) of their starting defenders on COVID quarantine.
    yup, and 11 players overall.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

So did we, but they all played so who knows

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    So did we, but they all played so who knows
    they can play as long as they continue to test negative.

but it has to affect the Raiders preparation to have 6 defensive starters who can't practice all week against KC's high-powered offense seeking revenge for their earlier loss and the victory laps the Raiders decided to take afterwards.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

cliff notes: not the ravens, brahns, chiefs, or NE

i personally don't dislike KC but if we're talking playoff scenarios, them losing is our benefit

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    cliff notes: not the ravens, brahns, chiefs, or NE

i personally don't dislike KC but if we're talking playoff scenarios, them losing is our benefit
    I don't dislike the Chiefs either but we're probably going to learn to hate them as they are most likely to be the new Patriots of the AFC.

They have arguably the best QB of this generation on a 50 year deal, a stacked offense, a good defense, and are very well coached. They look as close to a potential dynasty as you can be in the modern NFL.

I like Tomlin, but sometimes I really wish we had genius coordinators, because we honestly have enough talent to beat anyone. We have the most talented defense in the NFL. In the hands of a real guru, we could be as good as the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, and better than the 2008 Steelers (we were good against most teams but probably only went to the Super Bowl because Brady was injured that year). We finally have a defense that can play zone or man. I know we have the skilled players to beat the Chiefs, but I'm not confident in the brains behind the scenes. That's a game where there will be no room to suck for a half before giving the game over to Ben to work miracles.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I don't dislike the Chiefs either but we're probably going to learn to hate them as they are most likely to be the new Patriots of the AFC.

They have arguably the best QB of this generation on a 50 year deal, a stacked offense, a good defense, and are very well coached. They look as close to a potential dynasty as you can be in the modern NFL.

I like Tomlin, but sometimes I really wish we had genius coordinators, because we honestly have enough talent to beat anyone. We have the most talented defense in the NFL. In the hands of a real guru, we could be as good as the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, and better than the 2008 Steelers (we were good against most teams but probably only went to the Super Bowl because Brady was injured that year). We finally have a defense that can play zone or man. I know we have the skilled players to beat the Chiefs, but I'm not confident in the brains behind the scenes. That's a game where there will be no room to suck for a half before giving the game over to Ben to work miracles.
    True to some extent, but I don't know if I could ever dislike KC as much as I did NE. Their fans seem to be much less obnoxious and Mahomes is a more likeable personality than Brady

But mostly it comes down to the fanbases. The teams I've hated the most throughout my life were Dallas and NE mainly because of their fans were obnoxious jagoffs for the most part

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

True to some extent, but I don't know if I could ever dislike KC as much as I did NE. Their fans seem to be much less obnoxious and Mahomes is a more likeable personality than Brady

But mostly it comes down to the fanbases. The teams I've hated the most throughout my life were Dallas and NE mainly because of their fans were obnoxious bandwagon jagoffs for the most part
    Fixed.

The Chiefs are going to be in the hunt for as long as Mahomes is their starting QB. They might lose a few players due to his gaudy cap hit (which is why they are trying to load up & win now), but he’ll keep them competitive for a decade.

I probably won’t hate the Chiefs, though.

The difference is that they are not cheaters.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The Chiefs are going to be in the hunt for as long as Mahomes is their starting QB. They might lose a few players due to his gaudy cap hit (which is why they are trying to load up & win now), but he’ll keep them competitive for a decade.

It's hard to dislike Mahomes.....other than his association with Aaron Rodgers when he's in the same awful State Farm commercial. Man, those commercials are brutal.

Ding Ding Ding.

Funny, I really wanted Mahomes for the Steelers, but knew he wouldn't last until we picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Ding Ding Ding.

Funny, I really wanted Mahomes for the Steelers, but knew he wouldn't last until we picked.
    my friend is a Bears fan.

he'll never get over that his team picked Trubisky instead of Mahomey.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Mahomes is going to be a real problem as long as he remains healthy which could be another 15 years. Honestly whatever team he is on is a Super Bowl contender just by virtue of his presence. 2018 it took an FCS level defense to keep him out of the Super Bowl and now as soon as the defense got good they won the Super Bowl

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

That would hurt for a long time

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

With how good that defense is, I wouldn't get over my team passing up a super team for a team that pisses away a great defense and an all-world pass rusher because of a dullard cro-magnon offense in name only

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I hope a hot team like the Dolphins makes the playoffs and at least gives the Chiefs a fight in the first round (assuming we hold onto the #1 seed of course).
    It would also be funny if the Raiders get the 7 seed and beat the Chiefs again. We at least know it's possible.

Yeah, I get that. I think people make too much of the cheating thing. The Patriots consistently beat us because Brady could pick apart our zone, and we didn't have the players to play man. The didn't need recordings that every else had, but from slightly different angles.

We lost because they were better on those days than we were.

I used to really hate the Chiefs because bad things would always happen to us because of them. Even when we'd win, we'd suffer some huge injury. Or when we needed them to win a meaningless game to send us to the playoffs they couldn't do that for us. They are just bad luck for us.

Yeah, I get that. I think people make too much of the cheating thing. The Patriots consistently beat us because Brady could pick apart our zone, and we didn't have the players to play man. The didn't need recordings that every else had, but from slightly different angles.

I used to really hate the Chiefs because bad things would always happen to us because of them. Even when we'd win, we'd suffer some huge injury. Or when we needed them to win a meaningless game to send us to the playoffs they couldn't do that for us. They are just bad luck for us.
    Not in 04 they definitely cheated that year I trust when Hines said "it's as if they knew our plays what we were running"

Merry Christmas

The 2001 Rams talk about on that pick-six (in the Super Bowl), the Taperiots cornerback broke out for the ball BEFORE the receiver even did. Having seen the Rams’ first fifteen plays on tape, the Taperiots corner knew which route was about to be run. That’s a swing of 10 points (the Rams were in FG range)... and just enough to eke out a victory by a FG.

The 2004 Steelers talk about similar things happening (Ben throws a couple of ugly INTs).

At Gillette Stadium, the game clocks stop working when the visitor has the ball. It’s good for one “delay of game” per matchup. Likewise, the headsets seem to malfunction regularly there; again, good for making the opposition burn a time out.

Doug Flutie talks about how the speaker in Taperiots helmets does NOT turn off at the 15 second mark (like it is supposed to). Imagine looking right while simultaneously having eyes in the back of your head telling you “You have an open receiver on the left” or “Step up... you’re about to get hit.”

ANALYSIS:
    The Taperiots did just enough cheating to “steal” 3-5 points per game... and their first three Super Bowls were all won by a FG. Yes, the Taperiots were a damn good team. They probably would have been winning many of those games despite the cheating... then again, maybe they lose one of those Super Bowls.

SUMMATION:
    There’s a history of cheating that cannot be denied.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

But mostly it comes down to the fanbases. The teams I've hated the most throughout my life were Dallas and NE mainly because of their fans were obnoxious jagoffs for the most part
    If Chiefs Planet is any indication of their fanbase as a whole, I'm not so sure about that. Pretty mouthy bunch considering that until this past February they hadn't won dick in half a century.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron96
    I'm struggling to understand how PIT is 9-0.
    They have a super easy schedule...
    https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=308

Umm...OK...

2020 Pittsburgh Steelers - number of teams played with a winning record through week 11: 3

2020 Kansas City Chiefs - number of teams played with a winning record through week 11: 3 - or 4, if you want to count the Raiders twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron96
    I'm actually more impressed with JAX defense right now. Their corners appear to be quite a bit better than PIT's.
    Yeah, it helps when you're allowed to mug your opponent's receivers without drawing a flag. I'm surprised we finally got one late in the game.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Enjoy!!!
    Now let's see how we did?

Titans win! Good.
    Texans win! Good.
    Broncos win! Good.
    Colts win in OT. Bad.
    Chiefs v Raiders coming up!

EDIT: Gruden's poor clock management hands game to Mahomes with 1:43 and a TO left. Moron.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 11-23-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Now let's see how we did?

Titans win! Good.
    Texans win! Good.
    Broncos win! Good.
    Colts win in OT. Bad.
    Chiefs v Raiders coming up!
    Fucking Eagles, should be embarrassed

Merry Christmas