Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 11: For Whom to Root

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Week 11: For Whom to Root

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It's hard to dislike Mahomes.....other than his association with Aaron Rodgers when he's in the same awful State Farm commercial. Man, those commercials are brutal.
    He makes up for it with Troy in the Head and and Shoulders commercials.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Now let's see how we did?

Titans win! Good.
    Texans win! Good.
    Broncos win! Good.
    Colts win in OT. Bad.
    Chiefs v Raiders coming up!
    One of our better weeks.

Does anyone remember the final week of the 1989 season? In order to make the playoffs, the Steelers needed 5 games to go exactly the right way... and it came to fruition. Good times. Yesterday reminded me (a little bit) of that weekend. Obviously, 1989 was much bigger, but both were full days of watching various games with a strong rooting-interest in each one.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    One of our better weeks.

Does anyone remember the final week of the 1989 season? In order to make the playoffs, the Steelers needed 5 games to go exactly the right way... and it came to fruition. Good times. Yesterday reminded me (a little bit) of that weekend. Obviously, 1989 was much bigger, but both were full days of watching various games with a strong rooting-interest in each one.
    The Chiefs offense is just ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The Chiefs offense is just ridiculous...
    They are. No doubt.

That said, Maxx Crosby gave them fits. The Chiefs “solved” that problem by shifting plays away from him.

TJ Watt is better than Maxx Crosby... and if they shift away from Watt, Bud Dupree is better than Arden Key.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They are. No doubt.

That said, Maxx Crosby gave them fits. The Chiefs “solved” that problem by shifting plays away from him.

TJ Watt is better than Maxx Crosby... and if they shift away from Watt, Bud Dupree is better than Arden Key.
    Raiders played them about as good as you could.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Like I said in the other thread, I like our defense against them better than the Raiders. I'm not saying we're going to stop them every series but we just need to outscore them and hope for a turnover.

The Chiefs defense was made very average by Derick Carr.

IDK, Watt is an upgrade over Crosby...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Raiders defense with hardly any meaningful practice against a bye week rested Chiefs team.
    A full 60 minutes . KC defense is susceptible and apparently thier offense can be controlled

Although I do think Andy has a special sheet of plays he pulls out when they really need to get a guy open

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, I like our defense against them better than the Raiders. I'm not saying we're going to stop them every series but we just need to outscore them and hope for a turnover.

The Chiefs defense was made very average by Derick Carr.
    That’s what scares me most. Running a draw on 2nd & 12 for no gain leading eventually to a punt is the kind of “out scoring” that worries me against the good teams.

IDK, Watt is an upgrade over Crosby...
    No doubt. The Steelers defense from top to bottom is pretty much an upgrade.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

That’s what scares me most. Running a draw on 2nd & 12 for no gain leading eventually to a punt is the kind of “out scoring” that worries me against the good teams.
    Same thing for me