Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers/Bungles Talk - 7pt Favorites

Member Array title="Big Ben's Gray is on a distinguished road">

Steelers/Bungles Talk - 7pt Favorites

Okay guys...in the last 2 games the Steelers forgot to play football in the 1st half and didn't wake up until the 2nd half. I'm going to say right now this Bungles game at home is exactly what this team needs to get back to normal, they will go back to playing a complete game. Steelers always enjoy beating the shit of the Bungles, I don't know what it is but it's like every player pops the blue pill before a Bungles game to get rock hard for it.

For the gamblers out there it's time to put the Steelers ‐7/-8 spread (depends on the book) in your 6pt teasers to tease it down to -1/-2 because we are not losing this game. Last time they beat us was in 2015, hell they couldn't even beat us last year when we had garbage QB play.

Some interesting Bungle forum threads:

All 39 Bungle fans that voted picked Steelers to win, not a single one voted for their team because they know we own dat ass:
    https://forum.go-bengals.com/index.p...of-the-season/

Another enemy forum thread, fun chatter to read through:
    http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-St...-very-winnable

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Steelers/Bungles Talk - 7pt Favorites

I think not having to travel for the first time in a month will be a big help in itself.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I think not having to travel for the first time in a month will be a big help in itself.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is almost certain to be a loss.

Steelers players on the COVID list will increase daily.
    Team will eventually get locked out of practices.

Just lining up that Burrow strafes a "basic" defense and a slow to warm up offense doesn't keep pace.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Our offense won't score 7 points with Mason at QB

Member Array title="Big Ben's Gray is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Our offense won't score 7 points with Mason at QB
    Let's hope Ben doesn't test positive so he can play. If I have to watch Rudolph attempt to be a NFL QB again...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

C'mon....

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    C'mon....

If they really want to win this game, you would think they wouldn't go out of their way to piss off the Steelers.

Nobody ever accused the Bengals of being smart.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

That happened do Douchemandzadeh after he did that?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Lots of optimism!

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Even with Rudolph Im optimistic. Conner running well and so many weapons. Short passes to playmakers, establish the run and throw in play action and he could be successful. If he hangs in pocket too long game over though.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

One of the best finish ever!!!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Steelers players on the COVID list will increase daily.
    Team will eventually get locked out of practices.

Just lining up that Burrow strafes a "basic" defense and a slow to warm up offense doesn't keep pace.
    If they don’t actually test positive, our guys will play. If they play, we win.

The Bengals have guys on the Covid list too.

I see our guys playing angry with a major chip on their shoulder after being criticized for not playing well against the Cowboys. I wouldn’t have thought this would be a statement game but now it’s turned into one. Their offensive line can not stop our guys if our linebackers are actually rushing the QB instead of covering their best receivers.

Hilton coming back helps Butler not be a total idiot.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Here's what I now want to see. Come out in that 0 RB/1 TE/4 WR set. Every down. Why? Because why not. Everyone Steelers focused keeps talking that it isn't sustainable. Maybe not. But it might be. If some team helmed by an acknowledged "scheme" coach and a "sexy" QB did it; we'd all hear breathless commentary on how it's so "innovative" and "forward thinking". Steelers do it and it's just a desperate move by a dum-dum coach and a faded QB. Screw it. Let it fly 50 times.

On defense, press the WRs, turn the fellas up front loose, and go hell for leather after Burrow and see if he can really beat you.

It's not a good plan. It's not a tactically sound approach. But, golly it would be fun to see.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Here's what I now want to see. Come out in that 0 RB/1 TE/4 WR set. Every down. Why? Because why not. Everyone Steelers focused keeps talking that it isn't sustainable. Maybe not. But it might be. If some team helmed by an acknowledged "scheme" coach and a "sexy" QB did it; we'd all hear breathless commentary on how it's so "innovative" and "forward thinking". Steelers do it and it's just a desperate move by a dum-dum coach and a faded QB. Screw it. Let it fly 50 times.

On defense, press the WRs, turn the fellas up front loose, and go hell for leather after Burrow and see if he can really beat you.

It's not a good plan. It's not a tactically sound approach. But, golly it would be fun to see.
    Second half come out in 22 personnel...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Why not? Really. No team has the DB depth to hang with our receivers.

Notice that once Ben “catches” the defense in a certain formation (one less DB than really necessary) he goes mmediately to no-huddle in order to keep the opposing defense from substituting; then, Ben sinply locates the mismatch on every play. Smart. So, the spread might not be as effective from the get-go... then again... like I said, even when ready for it, teams don’t have the DB depth to cover our receivers.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Honestly, I would rather see the Steelers pound the holy hell out of the Bengals with Conner and Snell for the majority of the game. Keep Burrow sitting on the bench out of rhythm. Take time off the clock, put up 7 every drive, beat that ass like a big brother should. But who am I kidding? Ben's gonna fling it all over the place.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I’m very curious about Burrows. I know he’s been slinging it but I want to see him do it as he’s about to get hit. Will he be smart like Brady and throw quickly before getting hit or will he be “brave” like Andrew luck and have a short career or will he wilt like Testaverde

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I’m very curious about Burrows. I know he’s been slinging it but I want to see him do it as he’s about to get hit. Will he be smart like Brady and throw quickly before getting hit or will he be “brave” like Andrew luck and have a short career or will he wilt like Testaverde
    He's been a stalwart so far. Takes his licking and keeps on ticking.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’d love to see a double digit win but I just don’t see many of those on the schedule.

He's been a stalwart so far. Takes his licking and keeps on ticking.
    admirable and doable when young but will have to adjust with time. But his moxie may give us fits this week

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I hope he knows that it’s Buggs!

No Alualu on that list?

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No Alualu on that list?
    He was a full participant yesterday. He’s good to go.

Soooo .... if the bengals run 200 yards on us, the reason for this would be:

1. Alualu is not 100%
    2. We were making sure Burrows does not beat us with his arm and allowing the runs until the red zone
    3. we really need more help at ILB

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Soooo .... if the bengals run 200 yards on us, the reason for this would be:

1. Alualu is not 100%
    2. We were making sure Burrows does not beat us with his arm and allowing the runs until the red zone
    3. we really need more help at ILB
    Well, we have all the help we’re gonna get this year at ILB.

But there is another excuse if Hilton doesn’t play. Hilton allows us to defend both the run and the pass when we’re in nickel.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben's Gray View Post
    Another enemy forum thread, fun chatter to read through:
    http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-St...-very-winnable
    COPIED FROM THAT FORUM......

11-09-2020, 07:49 AM
    I said this in another thread, but I would consider it a win if Burrow just gets through this game not being hurt. No team in the NFL gets away with more cheap shots and after the play b.s. than pukesburg. Think about how many rules are in place in the NFL because of those cheap shot mf'ers...and most of those came when they were playing the Bengals (Hines Ward crackback on Keith Rivers...broken jaw, Kimo, went low on Palmer....blown out knee, Shazier....lowered his head on Bernard....knocked him out of the game, and I am probably missing a few). Plus we have to play the refs too.
    ROGLMFAO !! "Q" Lives !!!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate