Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers/Bungles Talk - 7pt Favorites

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Steelers/Bungles Talk - 7pt Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    COPIED FROM THAT FORUM......

ROGLMFAO !! "Q" Lives !!!

Burfict would have his own wing in the Cheap Shot Scumbag Hall of Fame.

The fan of a team that loads their roster with lowlifes with bad character and criminal records is crying about Squealers playing dirty.......

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    COPIED FROM THAT FORUM......

ROGLMFAO !! "Q" Lives !!!
    WOW! That’s rich! ......and they really brought up Kimo, who blocked in to Palmer....15 years ago?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Why not? Really. No team has the DB depth to hang with our receivers.

Notice that once Ben “catches” the defense in a certain formation (one less DB than really necessary) he goes mmediately to no-huddle in order to keep the opposing defense from substituting; then, Ben sinply locates the mismatch on every play. Smart. So, the spread might not be as effective from the get-go... then again... like I said, even when ready for it, teams don’t have the DB depth to cover our receivers.
    The Bengals only have three (THREE) corners playing tomorrow: WJIII (a starter), Mackenzie Alexander (starting slot corner), and Scrub McNeverplayedbefore (brought up from the practice squad). If the Steelers go five wide, the fourth & fifth receivers will be covered by safeties.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The Bengals only have three (THREE) corners playing tomorrow: WJIII (a starter), Mackenzie Alexander (starting slot corner), and Scrub McNeverplayedbefore (brought up from the practice squad). If the Steelers go five wide, the fourth & fifth receivers will be covered by safeties.

Quote your own post like a BOSS!!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

This is exactly what I was saying in the game thread today. And one of those 3 corners got hurt during the game. Not sure if he came back, but it seemed like we should have had mismatches in the passing game all day. That’s why some of those Conner runs for one down were so frustrating.

If they are depleted in the secondary just overwhelm them with all of our pass catchers. I don’t how we weren’t scoring on every series.

Must have been the wind.

Watching the game again now. This may be the stupidest question I’ve ever asked, but on the kickoff after the Steelers first FG, the ball bounced off the return man’s leg.....in the field of play, making it a live ball, he recovers it in the end zone and then gets tackled. Wouldn’t that be a safety?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Watching the game again now. This may be the stupidest question I’ve ever asked, but on the kickoff after the Steelers first FG, the ball bounced off the return man’s leg.....in the field of play, making it a live ball, he recovers it in the end zone and then gets tackled. Wouldn’t that be a safety?
    Isn’t any kickoff a live ball after 10 yards? So it’s just a touchback? If it was a punt...maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Isn’t any kickoff a live ball after 10 yards? So it’s just a touchback? If it was a punt...maybe?
    But it touched the return man, before it went into the end zone. Doesn’t matter?.....and he recovered it in the end zone?

Anyone notice on one of Berry’s early punts, Claypool downed it and the tried to sneak it a little farther away. Like a little kid.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

He had no control on the ball.

As @Polamalubeast mentions above.....That's a muff. He never controlled it, so he can down it in the end zone for a touchback. That's the rule as I understand it.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    As @Polamalubeast mentions above.....That's a muff. He never controlled it, so he can down it in the end zone for a touchback. That's the rule as I understand it.
    I think that must be it. Because he definitely couldn't catch it in the field of play and then back up into the end zone for a TB.

But it still seems a little weird. If the kickoff lands at the two yard line and just stops, can the returner kick it into the end zone and down it for a TB? Is there a rule about doing it on purpose rather than incidental contact?

Like could you muff it on purpose, with a slap in the air in the direction of the end zone? How is the ref supposed to determine intention?

Member Array title="Big Ben's Gray is on a distinguished road">

Well....everything in my OP that started this thread came true, Bungles had no chance. Now I'm a little apprehensive of this Jag off game, I have a feeling it's gonna be a Cowboys game redux.