Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is on your Steelers Mt. Rushmore?

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Re: Who is on your Steelers Mt. Rushmore?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Somehow I want to sneak “The Bus” in there. He is Black and Gold through and through. I feel like he single handedly sparked that SB run, with his performance against the Bears in the snow. I don’t know if there is anyone who loved being a Steelers more.
    Dilly ! Dilly !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

On offense this is what the mountain range would look like with each position getting its own mountain. The ? are spots where I think it may be debate-able who would fit in those spots to make it a solid mountain.

For instance at TE, I think Cunningham and Grossman would probably round that category out but then Mark Bruener was a pretty solid TE...not flashy but solid.

Maybe Santonio Holmes in over AB? I mean he did bring the Super Bowl to Pittsburgh with his MVP performance...

Kordell (as hated as he was as a QB), would he make the mountain??

QB - Bradshaw, Ben, ?, ?
    RB - Franco, Bleier, Bus, ?
    WR - Swann, Stallworth, Ward, Brown/?
    TE - Miller, Green, ?, ?
    OT - Kolb, Tunch, ?, ?
    OG - Faneca, Decastro, ?, ?
    C - Webster, Dawson, Pouncey, ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Thinking about it in terms of my family and friends...

LAMBERT: There is an issue of Sports Illustrated with Lambert’s snarling face on the cover. When my brother was very little that picture would scare him / make him cry. So, being a good older brother, I would chase him around the house with it. That magazine cover is still framed up on the wall on my parents’ den... they say it is up in honor of Lambert, but I know it’s because they enjoyed scaring my brother as much as I did.

WARD: He’s my dad’s all-time favorite... and, more importantly, his barometer for receivers. If a pass ever gets dropped by any receiver, my dad will yell, “HINES WARD WOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT!!!” It’s become a catch-phrase for my friends and me (for almost any occasion ).

BETTIS: The Bus trucking over Brian Urlacher is one of the most iconic moments in Steelers sports history. So much so, that there is a picture of that play posted outside of the main media booth (where the TV announcers sit). More importantly, my buddies have wanted a commemorative, signed picture of that play. So, every few months, we’d send each other links to “Bettis-Urlacher memorabilia”... links that would reroute to lemonparty, gostse, or other such sites. Fun times.

POLAMALU: When I first started working in Oceanside, due to the large Samoan/Polynesian community, Junior Seau jerseys were worn by every kid in that city. Duh, he was a Samoan who played for the Chargers. Well, once Troy became Troy, those jerseys all switched to #43 jerseys. You would see dozens upon dozens of those jerseys on any outing you made in that city. The number “43” became the most sought-after jersey number for youth sports. And, kids would write essays in school entitled, “Troy Polamalu is My Hero.” Gotta say, it was jaw-dropping the effect Troy had on that community.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Bettis/Urlacher moment in the snow is what propelled that team to the Super Bowl. I think that game gave them all the momentum, confidence and will they needed to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

We need bigger mountain.