Thread: Takk McKinley released

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Takk McKinley released

I remember the year we drafted TJ Watt - the other player that was talked about a lot for us was this guy Takk McKinley.

he was taken before TJ by Atlanta and now they just released him.

he’s the typical me-first head case .... BUT! He would probably play his butt off just to prove to everyone that Atlanta was the problem and not him as the player.

whattaya think? Good to have an athletic head case for 8 games and the playoffs or pass. He would have to pass waivers before he can be signed as usual.

(not someone I want long term on the team)

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Takk McKinley released

heres the deal , I was a Takk guy prior to the draft , it ended quickly when I seen him at the draft I thought thank god we didnt draft him ....

now here we are a few years down the road he has regressed as a player and they did not take the 5th year option on him , they tried to trade him but could not get a 3rd round pick for him and they figured someone would sign him next year ( as a FA to a decent deal so they would get a 3rd comp )

since they tried to trade him and didnt , he has gone off on social media and been a HUGE distraction ...sounds all to familiar to me ...

they turned down offers for this guy a week ago .... now they out an out release him ... it has to be B-A-D

hard pass sadly
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Yea, I remember draft night - he was the very definition of douchebaggery that night. He was as douchy as you can douchy get.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I remember the year we drafted TJ Watt - the other player that was talked about a lot for us was this guy Takk McKinley.

he was taken before TJ by Atlanta and now they just released him.

he’s the typical me-first head case .... BUT! He would probably play his butt off just to prove to everyone that Atlanta was the problem and not him as the player.

whattaya think? Good to have an athletic head case for 8 games and the playoffs or pass. He would have to pass waivers before he can be signed as usual.

(not someone I want long term on the team)
    NO!! Do you not remember a guy named Antonio Brown ??? NO MORE HEADCASES on the Steelers ! ..... PLEASE !!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Takk and Taco taken before TJ. And people wonder why Atlanta and Dallas are in the current shape they're in?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

He has some growing up to do.

Though with that said, I'd sign him to the practice squad.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Yea, I remember draft night - he was the very definition of douchebaggery that night. He was as douchy as you can douchy get.
    Was far beyond your description...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I don’t recall what Takk did on draft night. I tried to Google it, and all that I can find is that he dropped an F-bomb on live television.

Please, advise...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I don’t recall what Takk did on draft night. I tried to Google it, and all that I can find is that he dropped an F-bomb on live television.

Please, advise...
    look up shit show and you have it covered....he was a megga ass without the F bomb , that was the cherry on top... acted disrespected for being drafted number 26 overall when he was rated pretty much right there.... you would have thought he got the Aaron Rogers treatment or something ...way way way over the top and super douche
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

look up shit show and you have it covered....he was a megga ass without the F bomb , that was the cherry on top... acted disrespected for being drafted number 26 overall when he was rated pretty much right there.... you would have thought he got the Aaron Rogers treatment or something ...way way way over the top and super douche
    The Steelers have had enough of that over the last decade to be willing to put up with more of it. There are plenty of teams who can't find the quarterback who'll have no problem taking on a talented head case like McKinley (I'm looking at you, Raiders, Titans, Bengals ...). Finding players to get after the quarterback is one of the least of Pittsburgh's worries this season.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Bungles pick him up

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Bungles pick him up
    Yeah. For some reason I don’t see Takk suddenly becoming coachable and teaching his potential with them.

Takk is kind of like a Bud Dupree without the great character and work ethic to improve. They say Takk got by in college on his athleticism but had no technique and was a total project going into the NFL. But he obviously had a bad attitude and never did work to become great.

Makes me respect Bud Dupree even more.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Alex Highsmith already looks good..........no need for Takk to be brought in as a backup to Bud and TJ.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Did he fail the intelligence portion?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Did he fail the intelligence portion?
    I wouldn't be surprised if he failed this test on purpose

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he failed this test on purpose
    another nut job

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    another nut job
    Raiders or Ravens next.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

He was already missing games with the Falcons with a groin injury. 4+ weeks out this year.

Injuries, Underperformance and basically calling the Falcons "clowns" on twitter because they didn't trade him basically sealed his release.
    He wasn't getting the 5th year option either... Falcons already made that mistake with Vic Beasley.

Tough to cut bait on an early 1st rounder, but he wrote his own ticket out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    He was already missing games with the Falcons with a groin injury. 4+ weeks out this year.

Injuries, Underperformance and basically calling the Falcons "clowns" on twitter because they didn't trade him basically sealed his release.
    He wasn't getting the 5th year option either... Falcons already made that mistake with Vic Beasley.

Tough to cut bait on an early 1st rounder, but he wrote his own ticket out of town.
    He wrote that ticket as soon as he opened his mouth on draft day...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Raiders or Ravens next.
    Chiefs?

It was 2 week ago....

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Chiefs?
    It used to be obvious choice where disgruntled headcase or felon would end up after getting released. Now many other teams opting in as well. As soon as Bakers charges dropped, Chiefs were on it. You may be right, if they fix their D, league in trouble.

49ers...

Lol. So what team is going to pass him on his physical if the Bungles and Niners failed him?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol. So what team is going to pass him on his physical if the Bungles and Niners failed him?
    Maybe the Raiders?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...y-the-raiders/