Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First 8-0 start in steelers history!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: First 8-0 start in steelers history!

Quote Originally Posted by Dissolv View Post
    Worst team to go 8-0 in the history of football? Maybe. But........

This about sums it up.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    2004: Steelers obliterated everyone... lost in the playoffs

2005: Steelers eked out wins... win the Super Bowl

I’m not saying there aren’t things that need to be corrected (see: gameballs/goats), but sometimes learning how to win close games is a skill set. It’s sort of like the idea behind “The Million Dollar Mind”... a book that discusses how a ton of Fortine 500 CEOs have learning disabilities. “Struggling” to succeed to part of why they turn out to be successful (they’ve learned how to succeed despite any shortcomings / they see momentary failures as part of the learning process).

SUMMATION:
    We are 8-0... with not only “room to improve”, but the skill set of “finding a way to win” when we aren’t at our best.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

2007 Cheats** barely beat AJ Feeley/Eagles and Kyle Boller/Ratbirds. Two scrubs.

Not saying we shouldn't be doing better but we lose some of these games in previous years.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I love watching that clip once in a while, just to remind me of what an idiot he is.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    2004: Steelers obliterated everyone... lost in the playoffs

2005: Steelers eked out wins... win the Super Bowl

I’m not saying there aren’t things that need to be corrected (see: gameballs/goats), but sometimes learning how to win close games is a skill set. It’s sort of like the idea behind “The Million Dollar Mind”... a book that discusses how a ton of Fortine 500 CEOs have learning disabilities. “Struggling” to succeed to part of why they turn out to be successful (they’ve learned how to succeed despite any shortcomings / they see momentary failures as part of the learning process).

SUMMATION:
    We are 8-0... with not only “room to improve”, but the skill set of “finding a way to win” when we aren’t at our best.
    Actually 2005 team had more double digit victories, more victories by 17 or more points and a better point differential in the regular season. 08 team also had more wins by at least 17 and a better point differential

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    This fool said Super Bowl XL was null and void and didn't count to him. Ever since then, never watched him again. He's "null and void" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Actually 2005 team had more double digit victories, more victories by 17 or more points and a better point differential in the regular season. 08 team also had more wins by at least 17 and a better point differential
    what about the 2015 Broncos vs 2019 Ravens....Sometimes this is very important to be battle-tested in the regular season and they won 3 games in a row against team with a winning record before the Dallas game....The 2004 steelers had trailed for only 10 minutes 36 seconds at home in the regular season!

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I think Dobbs should be ahead of Rudolph. I know what we got with Rudolph. I want to see what Dobbs can do

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I think Dobbs should be ahead of Rudolph. I know what we got with Rudolph. I want to see what Dobbs can do
    Dobbs seems to be more involved with talking to Ben about what he sees on the defense. The kid definitely has the brains to be a good QB, but I'm always nervous about his accuracy throwing the ball. If anything his athleticism can create plays.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

what about the 2015 Broncos vs 2019 Ravens....Sometimes this is very important to be battle-tested in the regular season and they won 3 games in a row against team with a winning record before the Dallas game....The 2004 steelers had trailed for only 10 minutes 36 seconds at home in the regular season!

There is a difference between being battle tested and scraping by every single week mostly against bad and mediocre teams. Teams who do the latter tend to not go anywhere in the postseason

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Being the last undefeated team, the Steelers have a bullseye on their head. It's like being the defending champion, you're going to get 120% effort from anyone you face. No easy games from here on out, I don't care who it is.

There is a difference between being battle tested and scraping by every single week mostly against bad and mediocre teams. Teams who do the latter tend to not go anywhere in the postseason
    I've seen a team win a super bowl by losing to Rex Grossman twice in a season....Or another team losing against Charlie Batch and a very mediocre steelers team.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Being the last undefeated team, the Steelers have a bullseye on their head. It's like being the defending champion, you're going to get 120% effort from anyone you face. No easy games from here on out, I don't care who it is.
    I know this is probably true to a certain extent but I’ll never truly understand it. If a bad team can play SO much better than normal against a great team, why don’t always play like that? They should be just as interested in beating every team

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I know this is probably true to a certain extent but I’ll never truly understand it. If a bad team can play SO much better than normal against a great team, why don’t always play like that? They should be just as interested in beating every team
    It's human psychology imo. For instance, fans are a lot more energized for a game against the ravens or high stakes game. I'm sure to some extent, it affects the players' psyche too. Sure, they're professionals but also human

It would be a concern if the steelers would not have won against a good team this year, but that is not the case since they beat two very solid 6-2 team in the ravens and the titans....The chiefs also had not very impressive games like against a Depleted Pats team and the 2-6 Chargers and 3-6 Panthers ... Games that you are flat can happen for every team, especially after 2-3 big wins.... The Ravens were awful yesterday in the first half against the Colts, they were lucky not to be behind 17-0 after 30 minutes.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I don't think there are any super teams out there and, man I'm glad the Steelers have pulled out the last three games. Yesterday that was the Cowboys Super Bowl but, the Steelers found a way to win. Big stops from the defense when we had to have it and, Ben playing great when he needs to. Like mentioned above when Ben takes over the play calling it's money for the Steelers. Strange day for Boswell kudos for the 59 yarder.

Shouldn’t it be WARY?and Cowterd is still an ass.

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Idiot! Be "WEARY" of the Steelers? Does he mean WARY or LEARY, cause weary makes no sense. He says they make great TV. Dude just babbles.

He said the same thing about the lakers in the NBA before the Playoffs....

Quote Originally Posted by bendsteel View Post
    Idiot! Be "WEARY" of the Steelers? Does he mean WARY or LEARY, cause weary makes no sense. He says they make great TV. Dude just babbles.
    ....and Cowterd is all on the Andy Reed bandwagon. I guess he forgets all the years Reed was coaching the Eagles and those talent rich teams.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Wooly of the Steelers despite 8-0 start.

Steelers they do get wooly...

He’s such a dipshit. Did he not see every other good team struggle? Who doesn’t fall into this category for him?

The Bucs lost. The Seahawks lost. The Chiefs won by fewer points than the Steelers did.

And he has it absolutely backwards. The Ravens are really the team that’s built for the regular season and not for the playoffs where they might get behind. Blowing teams out in the regular season doesn’t prepare you for the playoffs. Coming back and winning from any possible situation does.

It’s weird, every once in awhile Cowherd says some intelligent things, but never about the Steelers. He always gets everything about the Steelers backwards.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Yeah? So what happened to the 2019 Ravens and their huge point differential?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The '19 Ravens won a ton of blowouts but still got crushed by a 9-7 Titans team at home in the playoffs.