Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Balls and Goats (Cowboy's Game) Week #9

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Game Balls and Goats (Cowboy's Game) Week #9

I'd give Berry a ball, he averaged 50.8 yards a punt with a long one of 62 yards

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Should have fed Benny Snell more.

Another big game of 1 yard on 3 rushing attempts.

Easy money.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Even though he had somewhat of a rough day at the office, congrats to Boz on the new franchise record-long 59-yard FG!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’ll add Tomlin to the game Balls...another non-losing season under the mans belt!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

JUJU: When the team needed a boost, they climbed on his back. In addition to the timely receptions and the touchdown, JuJu swung the momentum back in Pittsburgh’s favor.

BEN: Prior to getting injured, he was missing quite a few throws. Then, he got hot, hitting 4 for 4, and scoring a TD. Well, if we thought that Ben was underthrowing passes, Rudolph showed us what “poor throws” truly look like. I honestly thought that Rudolph was about to throw a pick-six.

I’m not sure if this was in the second half (or first half), Ben had at least two passes thrown behind a receiver that would have resulted in huge yardage. One was to DJ, and DJ would have had an open pathway to the end-zone. A few other underthrown passes negated “good yardage” (5-6 yards) which aren’t killers, but they do make the next down a little more difficult to convert.

REFS: Claypool was held three separate times. The defender hooked his arm twice, and once the defender shoved him 20 yards downfield. That said, the refs seemed to be letting both teams hand battle; so, I cannot really complain.

HEYWARD: Made plays when he needed to.

MINKAH: Has a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

BUTLER: Why get “cute”? TJ has the highest pressure-rate in the NFL; the Dallas RT has the worst. So, what does Keith Butler do? He has TJ drop into coverage. On Dallas’s first TD, Watt was covering CeeDee Lamb. Watt is amazing, but there is no way he can cover a WR of that caliber.

SMITH: Danny Smith cost this team 5 points (and if not for Minkah’s INT, it would have been 8/12 points).
    -one PATs missed (1 point)
    -one PAT blocked (1 point)
    -long punt return into FG range (3 points)
    -long kickoff (Minkah stopped this one)

FITCHNER: It is obvious when Ben takes over the play-calling... because, the offense starts humming.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Danny Smith did a great job kicking that 59 yard field goal!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Danny Smith did a great job kicking that 59 yard field goal!
    after the false start!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I cannot imagine how anyone thinks we should have attempted a fg. You saw all game thier line owned our ST line. A block there would have been tragic

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Random thought ... since it was a chip shot, why not move Boz's spot back a few yards and have him kick it from 3 yards further hence making it harder to block. Then you tell your line hat to hat and cut #98's legs.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I am really concerned with the offensive planning and play calling based on last two weeks. The offense was only productive when it appeared they went into hurry up mode with an empty backfield and Ben in charge of the plays.
    I've been saying it for a while...seems like our O coordinator handcuffs Ben. When Ben is calling the plays they start moving the ball more consistently. I'm all for Ben doing most of the play calling. I know usually the first 15 plays at the beginning are scripted usually to get a feel of what the defense is doing.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

They didn't win by 21 points, dong win!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Random thought ... since it was a chip shot, why not move Boz's spot back a few yards and have him kick it from 3 yards further hence making it harder to block. Then you tell your line hat to hat and cut #98's legs.
    Cause that would require danny dufus to think

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Game balls Ben, JuJU ,Minkah,
    Goats-special teams, Refs

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Game balls Ben, JuJU ,Minkah,
    Goats-special teams, Refs
    Refs? They saved our ass

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    after the false start!
    If Danny hadn't caused that false start we'd have lost 3 points because the 54 yarder was no good. He clearly knows what he's doing out there on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Goat nod to Claypool for dropping so many passes. I probably jinxed him when I ordered a Claypool jersey on Friday.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'd give Berry a ball, he averaged 50.8 yards a punt with a long one of 62 yards

Easy money.
    So true. Everyone likes to complain about Berry getting signed again, but no credit when he is averaging 50 + yards a punt in a close win.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I cannot imagine how anyone thinks we should have attempted a fg. You saw all game thier line owned our ST line. A block there would have been tragic

So running it was the choice, something else had stopped all game long?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post

That's just not the way it works. Approximately 7 yards behind the LOS is the sweet spot that allows the kicker enough distance from the LOS to adequately elevate the kick and still get power and distance. It also is at that distance from the LOS to give the blockers the necessary angle to protect the kicking zone. If they were to back the kicker up, it would allow the pressure from the edge to easily block the kick.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Game Ball - False Start! Letting Boz kick the 59 yard one.
    Which made it a dong 59 yarder.