Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe this is the year that Mike Tomlin will win the coach of the year...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe this is the year that Mike Tomlin will win the coach of the year...

He is the favorite right now according to this and if the steelers won 13-14 games,Tomlin is going to have a realistic chance of winning that even if sometimes we never know since I still don't understand why 16 years later Bill Cowher didn't win the coach of the year in 2004, despite a 15-1 record.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Maybe this is the year that Mike Tomlin will win the coach of the year...

Noll, Cowher, Tomlin have only won once among the 3 of them.

Noll won 2 minor coach of the year awards but never the AP NFL Coach of the Year.

Cowher won the AP award in 1992.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

He shoulda won last year.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    No kidding. Losing Peyton Manning made Indy go 1-15, going 8-8 last year with Rudolph / Duck is a huge W

BTW i doubt NE goes 8-8 this year and Billy B is such a genius and all. Also can't use the QB excuse, Cam Newton is a veteran, we had some first time starters.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

He’s doing it with Cowher’s players though.

Senior Member Array title="hwalker84 will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He’s doing it with Cowher’s players though.
    LMFAO

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I hate when everyone talks about his accomplishments as a "black coach" . I understand why it is discussed, and it is a huge accomplishment.....but we need to get to a point where we just talk about coaches without the labels. He is a terrific coach....period.

It always bothers me.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I hate when everyone talks about his accomplishments as a "black coach" . I understand why it is discussed, and it is a huge accomplishment.....but we need to get to a point where we just talk about coaches without the labels. He is a terrific coach....period.

It always bothers me.
    Ok he's the first cheerleader to 140 wins?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Meh...some of those were probably Cowher’s wins...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

That's clearly more appropriate!

Let’s get some Super Bowl titles to add to that resume...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Let’s get some Super Bowl titles to add to that resume...
    Here,here!

It’s got to be Brian Flores at the moment...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'm so glad belichick being a genius is debunked this year. Proves that Brady carried his ass and he's the same loser who coached the Browns

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I'm so glad belichick being a genius is debunked this year. Proves that Brady carried his ass and he's the same loser who coached the Browns
    And now that Brady got destroyed maybe they both got debunked and it turns out the Patriots never did go to all those Super Bowls, and it was all smoke and mirrors.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Antoine Winfield, Jr.

I love Chase Claypool, but Winfield was one of my two draft crushes (the othe being Alex Highsmith).

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Some of those other choices were beyond brain-dead terrible. Alex Smith tied with Ben for comeback player of the year? F- off nfl.com. I know it was great he came back from that injury but how does him just standing there and throwing a pass beat Ben coming back from an elbow injury at 38 and putting up stellar numbers. Also Ben doesn't get a single vote for MVP but Derek Carr does? Again F- off nfl.com.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Antoine Winfield, Jr.

I love Chase Claypool, but Winfield was one of my two draft crushes (the othe being Alex Highsmith).

Winfield is such a ballhawk! I loved him coming out. Rare ball skills and a natural feel for the game.

While I love him as a player, we got Minkah, the Winged God of Interceptions.....so I'm good!

We got Minkah and Claypool!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Some of those other choices were beyond brain-dead terrible. Alex Smith tied with Ben for comeback player of the year? F- off nfl.com. I know it was great he came back from that injury but how does him just standing there and throwing a pass beat Ben coming back from an elbow injury at 38 and putting up stellar numbers. Also Ben doesn't get a single vote for MVP but Derek Carr does? Again F- off nfl.com.
    Derek Carr got one vote from his brother. I’m sure it was totally objective. Lol

Seriously, David Carr always gets everything wrong. He’s so biased it’s just ridiculous. Maybe they should let his mom vote on this stuff too.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Winfield is such a ballhawk! I loved him coming out. Rare ball skills and a natural feel for the game.

While I love him as a player, we got Minkah, the Winged God of Interceptions.....so I'm good!

We got Minkah and Claypool!
    I’m griping about the color of my Ferrari...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I find it amusing that he's pawning off their shitty season on the salary cap when the Patriots have historically jettisoned players by the truckload to avoid paying them while Brady played for them on a huge discount for years because his wife makes a bajillion dollars.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    And now that Brady got destroyed maybe they both got debunked and it turns out the Patriots never did go to all those Super Bowls, and it was all smoke and mirrors.
    It wasn't smoke and mirrors, it was lights, camera action. Don't ever forget they cheated.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I find it amusing that he's pawning off their shitty season on the salary cap when the Patriots have historically jettisoned players by the truckload to avoid paying them while Brady played for them on a huge discount for years because his wife makes a bajillion dollars.
    Agreed. The only way that position works is that if he is also willing to admit that they need to sign multiple impact veteran FAs per year because they suck at drafting and developing. If he's willing to admit that is a large part of the reason why the talent pipeline went dry...then he can have the salary cap thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

That's hilarious!