Thread: Rod Woodson says Ben Roethlisberger is the best QB the Steelers have ever had.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Rod Woodson says Ben Roethlisberger is the best QB the Steelers have ever had.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Rod Woodson says Ben Roethlisberger is the best QB the Steelers have ever had.

Anybody remember that Rod Woodson was the first player to score a TD in the Ravens/Steelers rivalry?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Rod Woodson says Ben Roethlisberger is the best QB the Steelers have ever had.

This is like arguing which of your children you love more!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Bubby Brister was the best

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’m going with Johnny Unitas.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I’m going with Johnny Unitas.
    lol. Definitely the “one that got away”.

I will say this. Although Ben has been labeled as something of a diva at times, I think he could have played the hard-nosed football that was played in the 60s and 70s. Imagine him as QB in place of Bradshaw (not taking anything away from Terry’s accomplishments). Big. Tough. Hard to sack. Throwing to Swann. Wow.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    lol. Definitely the “one that got away”.

I will say this. Although Ben has been labeled as something of a diva at times, I think he could have played the hard-nosed football that was played in the 60s and 70s. Imagine him as QB in place of Bradshaw (not taking anything away from Terry’s accomplishments). Big. Tough. Hard to sack. Throwing to Swann. Wow.
    Ben would have been bigger than some linemen in that era lol. But yeah he could have hung in there in the toughest eras on the NFL. Him and Brett Favre imo were the toughest players I've seen play QB. Average QB's would have been forced to retire taking half the hits he's taken over his career. I mean he's finished super bowl seasons getting sacked 50+ times.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

You have to wonder if Ben has any cartilage left in his noes, or maybe that’s all he has. Coming in as the backup against the Browns.....probably had no business playing in that game....and watching him with that club foot, taped up from the bottom of his shoe to part way up his shin. No one can argue that the man loves to be in the game. It’s going to be a sad day, (at least for me) when he retires. Over the years, there have been a number of players who have defined “Steelers Football”, and he is one them. Sad to say, but I don’t think we will ever see another one like him, suiting up in a Steelers uniform.