Thread: 2020 NFL Trade Deadline Thread

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

2020 NFL Trade Deadline Thread

Cowboys trade Everson Griffin for a 6th Round Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 2020 NFL Trade Deadline Thread

Dunlap with the seahawks

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

2020 NFL Trade Deadline Thread

Bengals trade Carlos Dunlap to the Seahawks for BJ Finney and a draft pick - TBD.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Bengals trade Carlos Dunlap to the Seahawks for BJ Finney and a draft pick - TBD.
    Seahawks had to do something. Their lack of a pass rush is comical and horrifying. While Dunlap might not be the answer, he certainly can't hurt.

I do not know their cap situation, but imagine Bud Dupree in Carrol's system in Bruce Irvin's old role. He might not wrack up big #'s; but he would create a heck of a lot of havoc.

TBD pick is a 7th Round.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I'm sure BJ is happy to be facing Cam Heyward or Stephon Tuitt in a game rather than practice twice a year

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

That trade works for both teams. Cincinnati needs to worry about not getting Burrow killed and Seattle is in desperate need of defensive help

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Dunlap was in the doghouse (and starting to create lockerroom strife).

When he got demoted to third string, he posted a picture of their war-room depth-chart whiteboard on Twitstagram with the caption saying something about selling his house in Cincinnati. The relationship didn’t get any better from that point on.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Seahawks had to do something. Their lack of a pass rush is comical and horrifying.
    I think it's hilarious considering how much they used to brag on that defense just a couple of years ago. Even during the Steelers' down years of the '80s, their defense never fell off THAT badly that quickly.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I think it's hilarious considering how much they used to brag on that defense just a couple of years ago. Even during the Steelers' down years of the '80s, their defense never fell off THAT badly that quickly.
    True. Their drafts after the ones that Carroll had an advantage for from his college days have been average to really poor. Just haven't been able to restock the cupboard.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    True. Their drafts after the ones that Carroll had an advantage for from his college days have been average to really poor. Just haven't been able to restock the cupboard.

Having to pay their quarterback real money has mattered as well. They were able to afford to sign key free agents and pay key players to stay when Russell Wilson was on his rookie contract......Not any more!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Having to pay their quarterback real money has mattered as well. They were able to afford to sign key free agents and pay key players to stay when Russell Wilson was on his rookie contract......Not any more!
    Almost their entire defense was on their rookie contract too!.....When your QB is not longer on a rookie contract you need to draft very well

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Almost their entire defense was on their rookie contract too!.....When your QB is not longer on a rookie contract you need to draft very well
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../sea/draft.htm

I don't buy that cap $$$ was the driving issue. The only player they had to get rid of due to the cap that I remember was Frank Clark. Unfortunately, he was also the only player they have drafted after 2013 who was worth a second contract.

Once they were NOT drafting guys Carroll had recruited or seen play in college; they were ordinary at drafting. They just failed at restocking the cupboard. Especially on defense.

Wilson being on a cheap contract was super duper helpful in their roster construction. But they couldn't do it again if they still had Wilson on such a cheap contract. They had an advantage for about 3 years in the draft because Carroll knew exactly who was coming out that would fit his system. Now, they know just as much as everyone else. Now, they don't pull All-Pro's in the 5th round on a regular basis. Odd.

Another unhappy Bengals players.....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Packers should have gone after AB. If the Texans trade Fuller and I’m Watson, I ask to be traded. After that, what’s the point?

Packers should have gone after AB. If the Texans trade Fuller and I’m Watson, I ask to be traded. After that, what’s the point?
    Yup!

If I was the Texans and the Packers; I would be on the phone with the Browns. I know OBJ doesn't help at all this season and will be hurt for part of next...BUT I get a highly physically gifted WR on the cheap maybe...

Big drama in Atlanta....