Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trading CB Cam Sutton?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Trading CB Cam Sutton?

Rumor Mill:

Cam Sutton stopped following the Steelers on social media and posted a peace sign followed by “stay tuned” on his Instagram feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers Trading CB Cam Sutton?

Could be for Falcons LB Deion Jones?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I hope!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I saw that last night. It got college-aged* Twitter in an uproar.

*(college-aged kids are the only ones I know still up at midnight LOL)

Similarly, someone kept changing Stephon Gilmore’s page on Wikipedia to say “2020-present Pittsburgh Steelers”... which resulted in a mouthfuls of Mountain Dew to be spewed across computer screens in dorm rooms across western PA.

QUESTION:
    If true... who would you prefer: Deion Jones or Stephon Gilmore?

Jones fills a need, but has a huge contract. Gilmore isn’t having a good year, but he’s probably still pretty darn good (that said, we don’t need a corner as much as we need a backer).

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

btw: Someone asked Sutton if “this” was true, and Sutton replied with a black screen, the word “yesss” and an okay emoji.

I know that we need an ILB, but Sutton is the second-best slot-corner in the NFL (Mike Hilton being the first). Plus, Sutton is the heir apparent to take over for Joe Haden (who will cost $17 million next season).

I know that Sutton is a free agent at the end of the season; so, getting an ILB (to pair with Turk in 2021) makes a ton of sense (although, simultaneously very expensive). But, we are going to probably lose both Hilton & Haden. Trading Sutton would make cornerback the #1 and #2 priorities in the next draft.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Sutton is playing really well. I would expect for the reasons above that we wouldn't deal him, but last year definitely showed they are in win it now mode. Gotta cash in on Ben's final years because after that it's a crap shoot

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

This is weird.I hope this is a major trade

Deion Jones just started following the Steelers on IG...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    WOW

Maybe the sreelers have confidence in Layne

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Maybe the sreelers have confidence in Layne
    Yeah and isn't Cam a free agent next year? Hilton as well. Can't keep both

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Jones is a fast LB so it must be true.

So wonder now if it’s 1 for 1 or are there other parts involved??

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

ATL maybe going into rebuilding. Ask themt I pay bulk of salary. Not sure what our cap situation is right now

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

btw: Someone asked Sutton if “this” was true, and Sutton replied with a black screen, the word “yesss” and an okay emoji.

I know that we need an ILB, but Sutton is the second-best slot-corner in the NFL (Mike Hilton being the first). Plus, Sutton is the heir apparent to take over for Joe Haden (who will cost $17 million next season).

I know that Sutton is a free agent at the end of the season; so, getting an ILB (to pair with Turk in 2021) makes a ton of sense (although, simultaneously very expensive). But, we are going to probably lose both Hilton & Haden. Trading Sutton would make cornerback the #1 and #2 priorities in the next draft.
    Summation: Teegre really likes Sutton.

Counter point: The Steelers are all in this season and like Justin Layne enough that they can play him outside and shift Nelson inside in Dime with Hilton. An athletic ILB is the biggest gap in Steelers defense at present.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Deion Jones is due $8 million in base salary next season. That goes on the Steelers books. What are they going to pay that with? Monopoly money?

I guess they could be going all in and this wouldn't be the first time that social media accounts "broke" a trade story. But I find it hard to believe you would give up Sutton for 10+games from Jones. Even if the FO is certain they can not resign Sutton, he might have more value as a compensatory pick asset.

Again, almost certainly because of this posting, this could happen. But the #'s don't seem to work...I mean if they could...you have your ILBs for the next 4 years or so...

Also, assume this trade happens...get ready to hear these words "Pittsburgh brings in their dime package. Former starter Sean Davis trots on..."

More than Haden's contract, both corners are over thirty. It's not a good place to be when your team looks like it could be a multiple-season contender for a Lombardi. I do NOT want to go through another period like we had between Ike Taylor and Joe Haden.

Sutton was with the steelers this morning according to Dulac

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    More than Haden's contract, both corners are over thirty. It's not a good place to be when your team looks like it could be a multiple-season contender for a Lombardi. I do NOT want to go through another period like we had between Ike Taylor and Joe Haden.
    Steven Nelson is 27. Or did you mean Butler, who is 30?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Steven Nelson is 27. Or did you mean Butler, who is 30?
    Keith Butler is 30? That guy looks like he has lived a hard life if he is only 30.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Keith Butler is 30? That guy looks like he has lived a hard life if he is only 30.
    Okay. Okay. This is turning into Abbott and Costello...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Dickey Dunn wrote that story. It's gotta be true.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

The fact that Spillane got a little banged up vs the Titans, could very well mean ILB is something they are looking to fill. Depth would be very weak if Spillane were to be out for any length of time.
    Deion Jones would be a home run, but a lot of $ to make that happen. Maybe Avery Williamson as a 1 year rental on an expiring contract until Bush is back next year would make more sense. That would be under $2 mil cap hit this year according to behindthesteelcurtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Okay. Okay. This is turning into Abbott and Costello...
    I dont know either of those guys. What is their 40 time? Do they play slot corner or can they play outside?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I dont know either of those guys. What is their 40 time? Do they play slot corner or can they play outside?
    Abbott is primarily a boundary CB. Long, lanky guy that needs to pin the receiver against the sideline to stay in position to make a play on the ball. Think Richard Sherman.

Costello is strictly a 2 down thumper at ILB. Not great lateral movement, but plays well downhill against the run.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He's an OLB but I'm not sure that's a big deal. What is Vince Williams contract look like? Could cut him next year but that would be a lot of coin.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

What is the protocol to have him available for this weekend, 2 days COVID quarantine?