Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ravens: Predictions.

Ravens: Predictions.

Well, it's Ravens week. Predictions?

I don't have a score, but my prediction is that the game will be won with a last minute score. It'll probably be a 3 point game with no team going up by more than 10-14 points at any point in the game.

I hate these games. And, of course, I love these games.

One thing's for sure, Steelers-Ravens is back to being the AFCN championship series.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Ravens: Predictions.

Early on...I’m going 23-16 Ravens. I’ll probably flip back and forth all week though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Baltimore went and grabbed Ngakoue specially for this game. They have Lamar on a rookie contract and are loading up to win now before they have to pay him the big bucks. This game is huge for him and the team. Losing to Pittsburgh (especially off a bye week) will severely dash their hopes and make their faceplant last postseason hurt all the more. It isn't every year when the AFC North is weak enough to send one team to the playoffs. Baltimore had a golden opportunity in 2019 and blew it, now they are stuck fighting Pittsburgh for the division again.

This game will be just like this week. The game coming down to the very end with one team making the plays to win. I see the Ravens taking this one.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Looking at the first half of today’s game had my prediction pendulum swinging one way, and the second half had it swinging back. If Pittsburgh plays 4 quarters like they did the first two, it’s going to be a slugfest. Then again, if the Ravens play next week like the 4th quarter against the Eagles, it could be a rout. The Ravens are 17-3 after a bye, but this is one strange year.

Next week’s SNF is Cowboys vs Eagles. They picked the wrong game. The WFT wiped the ‘Boys off the turf today. It I’m not going to complain as I like playing at the standard 1:00 pm ET slot. But it would have made a helluva SNF game.

- - - Updated - - -

Edman, my position is Ngokoue was signed by the Ravens more as an effective pass rusher with a 4-man rush against Mahomes and the Chiefs more than Ben and the Steelers. Not that he won’t be welcomed by the Ravens faithful next week, but that’s my take on the Ngokoue deal.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I expect a rested ravens team to come out pumped and a beat up steelers team to come out alittle flat. Ravens up 21 10 at the half and things even out in the second. Coin toss to end it

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Ravens 24-20. Hope I'm wrong

Either a win or loss wouldn't surprise me, I'm calling this game a 50/50 coin flip. The Steelers have a really good chance if they can get an early lead, the Ravens aren't built to come from behind.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Honestly steelers seem due for a loss. They have been playing with fire with turning seemingly safe leads into close games
    That eventually catches up to you. Plus add a rested ravens team vs a steeler team coming off an emotional win and the steelers likely become flat

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

We're splitting with them this year both winning at home. I see a 31-13 loss.

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

Steelers: 27
    Ravens: 20

Steelers keep Lamar in the pocket for the most part and get some shots in when he runs, Ben bounces back and manages the game, the WRs play well again and Conner is solid. The defense gives up some scores but no big plays and forces the Ravens to earn their points, good game to watch, Steelers win and take control of the AFCN.

Istina

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Steelers are 5.5 pt underdogs vs the Ratbirds

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I can see this as a loss and is winning the next one, but honestly we should be able to contain the ravens running game, we just held the Titans to 75, so while I would normally think this as a let down game, I am not so sure about this one.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Alot may come down to how the mix of players they have replacing Bush perform. Spillane played well coming downhill against the Titans. What when he has to play laterally and down the field against the Ravens?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

With few exceptions, Ravens/Steelers games are ALWAYS close. Expecting another nail-biter next week.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I can see this as a loss and is winning the next one, but honestly we should be able to contain the ravens running game, we just held the Titans to 75, so while I would normally think this as a let down game, I am not so sure about this one.
    not really going out on a limb here but I think Lamar will have most yards rushing against Steelers. I think they contain RB’s. I would’ve thought spread Ravens -3, surprised it actually opened at -7 and sits at 5.5. 30- 20 Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

First game ever between Ben and Jackson._._.And a 10-0 start will be very possible if the Steelers win this game

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I predict one of the teams will lose or both will tie. Prove me wrong!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I predict one of the teams will lose or both will tie. Prove me wrong!
    I’m sick of the negativity. We talked all offseason and through the early season about how our defense made Lamar look average last year, and how the Ravens are over rated and front runners who can’t handle adversity.

We ARE adversity!

Steelers 32 Ravens 24

We let them get within 3 points at some point then we stomp the gas and make Lamar feel hits like he hasn’t felt before . We win the turnover battle. We walk out winners.

Ray Ray takes one to the house.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Should be a another close game like mentioned above hopefully the Steelers will prevail.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Heart: Us 28-19
    Head: Them 26-24

I'm going with my heart.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

These games are always close, so I am expecting this to be a rare one-sided blowout.

Just not sure who is on the winning side.

Maybe Steelers like the 38-7 win in 2007? Maybe Ravens like their 35-7 win in 2011?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Depends on who gets the ball last. That's the way a majority of their games go. Throw records out the window.

It's a AFC North football.

It's a 5 star matchup because we're in it.

They are just nameless faces.

Blah blah blah and other Tomlinisms.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

FWIW, Baltimore's had a pretty soft schedule. Their only win against a quality team was Cleveland (though they routed them), and it was a similar score to us vs Cleveland. They had a game against a top 5 team which they lost pretty convincingly (KC). Though KC seems to have their number just like the Patriots had ours.

Not saying Baltimore's not a tough team, but this game should get us a better idea where both teams stand.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I would not be surprise if they face each others 3 time in the 2020 season._.In fact this is a prediction for me.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Ravens 27-17
    Their coaches having the benefit of the bye week to prepare, will have some surprises for us.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Steelers win! Late TD and missed 2pt conversion puts the Steelers up by 1pt which ends up the final score. 29-28

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Steelers win! Late TD and missed 2pt conversion puts the Steelers up by 1pt which ends up the final score. 29-28
    That’ll give me chest pain, but I’ll take it!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    That’ll give me chest pain, but I’ll take it!
    I know! That was the inspiration for the prediction. Steelers vs Ravens; Heart Attack Bowl.

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

This game almost always comes down to a FG. Home field doesn't matter due to COVID.

I'll, reluctantly, go with Pittsburgh 27-24.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk