Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game Balls and Goats (Titan's Game) Week #7

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Game Balls and Goats (Titan's Game) Week #7

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    That 2nd half was clearly a disaster of epic proportions, but they still scrabbled out a win somehow. And you know what? I think that bad 2nd-half of play will benefit them. They're gonna be taken to the woodshed over giving up that monster 74-yd TD (looking at you, Minkah), for the -3 turnover margin, the penalties, and overall sloppiness from the 2nd half. Tomlin has already indicated as much.

Had the Ravens game followed the beatdown they had just administered to the Browns, then I'd be sure of a letdown game happening. Escaping Tennessee with a win after the bounces, the zebras, and the football gods all seemed determined to hand the game to the Titans I think will have them more focused and disciplined against Baltimore than they otherwise would be.

Oh yeah, and the game ball goes to Robert Spillane for that gorgeous pasting of Derrick Henry at the goal line. Way to sacrifice your body for the team!
    This, this... all of this!!!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    That’s a bingo!!!

Think about this play as a microcosm for the second half of the game:
    -Bince decleats Tannehill
    -the ball is jarred loose
    -the Titans recover

Instead of getting a red-zone turnover, the Titans score. It seemed like every chance for a turnover for the Steelers was instead a positive play for the Titans. (Bince almost bats down a pass, Minkah has a good angle on the pass... but, instead, it’s a 75-yard TD.)

Meanwhile, it seemed that every ball that popped into the air became a Titans turnover. On one series, it was a slip by Conner on first down, a slip by DJ on second down, and an incomplete pass (I actually don’t recall the exact play on third down). Charles Davis kept lauding the Titans defense for “stopping” the Steelers. The Titans did very little to “stop” the Steelers; the grass “stopped” the Steelers on two of those downs on the aforementioned series.

ANALYSIS:
    Luck (to a degree) turned what could have been a 38-10 second-half blowout into a 27-24 nail biter.

SUMMATION:
    Despite Ben having his one “WTF game**” of the season we still won. I’ll take it.

**(he has one every season... and, it is now out of the way)
    Ben had two bad plays the INT to end the half and the INT near the end of the game to Juju (although Juju was clearly interfered/held). The first one, he forced that ball and should have taken an underneath route and taken the 3 points to end the half. The pick at the end was forced as well but Juju needs to come back to the ball and DRAW the DPI call that was there.

But like you said the Titans had gotten EVERY bounce up until their FG try to tie it. As it turned out the biggest bounce was wide right and the football Gods righted the universe.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Tomlin has admit he did not expect that A.J Brown would played

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I think Ben got pissed off at #98 of the Titans and he went into mad, angry "gunslinger mode" for the rest of the game. He was jawing at #98 after being knocked down after a pass which is uncharacteristic.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Tomlin has admit he did not expect that A.J Brown would played
    Fire him. You have to prepare for EVERYTHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler