Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Balls and Goats (Titan's Game) Week #7

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Game Balls and Goats (Titan's Game) Week #7

Balls ... 1st half offense, defense.

Goats ... 2nd half offense and defense.

We FINALLY got a lucky bounce at the very end!

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Re: Game Balls and Goats (Titan's Game) Week #7

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post

Not a single bounce our way the whole game until the most important one at the end.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

That sums it up. Case closed.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Game Balls and Goats (Titan's Game) Week #7

This with an honorable mention for that Spillane hit at the goal line, did anyone see if he came back in after?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Real simple

Game Ball: Everyone in the first half and Stephen Gostkowski. Gostkowski was the best player for the Steelers in the 2nd half. First half got out to a big lead played perfect football, imposed their will. Great to see

Game Goat: Literally everyone in the 2nd half. God awful football that would be borderline unaccpetable by N.Y Jets standards. Falling down, bubble screens that never work, deciding to play volleyball with the Titans, whatever mistakes and penalties it took to make it a close game, they made it. Almost like they're more committed to making games close than they are to actually winning

Anyway, they are 6-0 and beat two teams with winning records.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

First post sums it up everything.

Better to be lucky than good.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

/THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

That was a bad Ben game. The interception at the end of the half gave Tennessee momentum and belief. 6 points were potentially left off the board because of his 2 red zone interceptions.

Either way, I'll take it. 6-0.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

A win against a 5-0 team on the road, I don't give any goats even though it was far from a perfect game. I knew it was a matter of time before Tennessee starting clicking on offense, they have way too much talent to score less than 20.

Game ball goes to TJ Watt, the guy had some impressive solo stops on Henry and a sack

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Cam Sutton needs to be re-signed. Very good day today.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Goat to CBS when the feed went down. Fire Phil Simms

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Goat to CBS when the feed went down. Fire Phil Simms

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    I may or may not have said some 'F bombs' when that happened.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    That was a bad Ben game. The interception at the end of the half gave Tennessee momentum and belief. 6 points were potentially left off the board because of his 2 red zone interceptions.

Either way, I'll take it. 6-0.

He's the quarterback, so he gets charged with the interceptions.....but did you see them?

An INT on a hail mary at the end of the half. Another INT on a batted pass at the LOS. And then the final one on a pass that hit JuJu in the hands in the back of the end zone with a LB guarding him that he knocks out of JuJu's hands and gets intercepted by another defender that came over late.

Also, Conner dropped an easy TD. Johnson dropped a perfect pass for a TD on an offside call when they had a free play.

He had a couple big plays that may have sealed the game are called back because of penalties to put them in 3rd and long situations as well.

It was just one of those games. He didn't play badly. They played an undefeated team on the road and won the game.

Do I wish they won by three touchdowns? Of course. But I'm still happy with the win, and this was not a horrible game by Ben.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Titans were in this game because of 3 crazy bounces. First one is usually a INT for the Steelers, instead a Titan comes down with it and then they score. Second one is the Titans again get the bounce go their way and stop a Steelers drive. Third, is your top WR one on one with a LB in the endzone? And it ends up being a tip drill INT? That is a lot of things going their way. A couple of inches the other way and this is 34-10 Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Game balls:

Conner for 111 combined rushing and receiving yards. Ben for 32 completions and 2 TD's

Goats:

Ben
    for throwing the INT at the end of the half and INT on the Steelers final drives. Both of those plays if checked down, would result in FG's and with the extra 6 points on the board, the game doesnt come down to a FG.

The INT at the end of the half didn't seem bad but it changed the game for the Titans. Proof of the 2nd half. Getting Boswell in position to make it 30-7 should have been the plan.

The 2nd INT wasn't his fault.

The 3rd to JuJu? DJ was wide open underneath on a crosser. At the very least you have to give your kicker a chance to make it a 6 point ball game.

Ben doesn't need to force throws and try to win games. He hasn't done it for 5 straight games. Game manage and this team will be tough to beat.

Again I'm happy with the win. On to Baltimore.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Titans were in this game because of 3 crazy bounces. First one is usually a INT for the Steelers, instead a Titan comes down with it and then they score. Second one is the Titans again get the bounce go their way and stop a Steelers drive. Third, is your top WR one on one with a LB in the endzone? And it ends up being a tip drill INT? That is a lot of things going their way. A couple of inches the other way and this is 34-10 Steelers.

Let's also not forget the refs calling holding against Fitzpatrick on 4th down at the goal line, and basically handing them a TD when the Titans' defense had been holding or hooking or grabbing every receiver before, during, and after the ball got there with our receivers the entire second half without calling one of them.

Was it a hold. Sure, but there were a dozen of them they could have called the same way for the Steelers and they didn't.

Tennessee fought hard and they came back, but I'm not going to kill the team for beating a terrific team on the road with literally everything going against them.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

An INT on a hail mary at the end of the half. Another INT on a batted pass at the LOS. And then the final one on a pass that hit JuJu in the hands in the back of the end zone with a LB guarding him that he knocks out of JuJu's hands and gets intercepted by another defender that came over late.
    That wasnt a Hail Mary, it was him trying to throw to #18 in double coverage, where a quick out and get out of bounds gives Boz a shot at a 45-50 yard FG.

The one to JuJu is a BAD decision. Throw into triple coverage to JuJu, instead of simply hitting #18 on the crosser and maybe he gets the 1st, but at the least they get the FG and go up by 6 points with the clock still running.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Game balls:

Conner for 111 combined rushing and receiving yards. Ben for 32 completions and 2 TD's

Goats:

Ben
    for throwing the INT at the end of the half and INT on the Steelers final drives. Both of those plays if checked down, would result in FG's and with the extra 6 points on the board, the game doesnt come down to a FG.

Ben couldn't have checked down before the half. They had no timeouts. Clock probably runs out.

The second one doesn't count the same way because when he threw the ball, they only had a three point lead. If they were up 6 at the time, I would agree with you.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Can’t blame Ben for 2 of the INTs. I think the first was a “we are way ahead, let’s try to put the nail in the coffin before the half” type a play.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    The INT at the end of the half didn't seem bad but it changed the game for the Titans. Proof of the 2nd half. Getting Boswell in position to make it 30-7 should have been the plan.

The 2nd INT wasn't his fault.

The 3rd to JuJu? DJ was wide open underneath on a crosser. At the very least you have to give your kicker a chance to make it a 6 point ball game.

Ben doesn't need to force throws and try to win games. He hasn't done it for 5 straight games. Game manage and this team will be tough to beat.

Again I'm happy with the win. On to Baltimore.
    I completely agree. I said before the INT at the end of the half that they should play for the FG. The 3rd INT to JuJu was just bad decision making.

That wasnt a Hail Mary, it was him trying to throw to #18 in double coverage, where a quick out and get out of bounds gives Boz a shot at a 45-50 yard FG.

The one to JuJu is a BAD decision. Throw into triple coverage to JuJu, instead of simply hitting #18 on the crosser and maybe he gets the 1st, but at the least they get the FG and go up by 6 points with the clock still running.

It wasn't triple coverage. Ben delivered the ball early, and it got there well before the other defenders came to the play. It was also in the very back of the endzone and high. Exactly where a QB is supposed to put the ball in that situation.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It wasn't triple coverage. Ben delivered the ball early, and it got there well before the other defenders came to the play. It was also in the very back of the endzone and high. Exactly where a QB is supposed to put the ball in that situation.
    FWIW, I agree. The other 2 defenders came in late and only looked to be relevant because of the great tip by the LB. I am willing to be swayed, but I want my QB throwing to his best WR in the endzone for the win against a LB every single time. Was it the safest or smartest choice? Not likely. But it was the kill shot if Juju reels it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Can’t blame Ben for 2 of the INTs. I think the first was a “we are way ahead, let’s try to put the nail in the coffin before the half” type a play.
    That was the wrong thinking. If you get Boz in a position to score 3 points, its a 27-7 game at the end of the half. Steelers then just need one FG in the 2nd half to make it a 4 score game.

Taking the timeout and getting the Special Teams turnover on downs is a great 2 moves....you dont ruin it by not coming away with points. Its either bad coach decision, or bad QB decision to throw 40+ Yds to Johnson into double coverage, especially when he is not a guy that makes contested catches in traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

Say what you want. DUMB decision by Ben to throw that football, given the situation on the field.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Let's also not forget the refs calling holding against Fitzpatrick on 4th down at the goal line, and basically handing them a TD when the Titans' defense had been holding or hooking or grabbing every receiver before, during, and after the ball got there with our receivers the entire second half without calling one of them.

Was it a hold. Sure, but there were a dozen of them they could have called the same way for the Steelers and they didn't.

Tennessee fought hard and they came back, but I'm not going to kill the team for beating a terrific team on the road with literally everything going against them.
    That lack of PI on Ebron in the first half would lead anyone to believe the refs were “letting them play”...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I agree with the one before the half, but it seemed as if the plan changed when they took the 5 yard false start penalty. They had no timeouts, and the Titans were guarding the sideline. I still wanted them to at least try to complete a pass to the sideline and kick a field goal, but I figure they were worried about an INT on the sideline and having it go the other way. I said so in the gameday thread.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

And on cue here comes the bitching about the refs like every week.

Ben couldn't have checked down before the half. They had no timeouts. Clock probably runs out.

The second one doesn't count the same way because when he threw the ball, they only had a three point lead. If they were up 6 at the time, I would agree with you.
    I was watching the game with a buddy and said before the ball was snapped, with 0:11 on the clock (and after the 5 yard penalty)..." throw a 5 to 7 yard out, get out of bounds and set up the FG from the 30 yard line".

Bad management of the opportunity to put points on the board after a masterful TO and turnover.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    And on cue here comes the bitching about the refs like every week.
    Exactly. I thought the refs called a decent game. Besides, only losers blame others for their own failures, IMO.

That was the wrong thinking. If you get Boz in a position to score 3 points, its a 27-7 game at the end of the half. Steelers then just need one FG in the 2nd half to make it a 4 score game.

Taking the timeout and getting the Special Teams turnover on downs is a great 2 moves....you dont ruin it by not coming away with points. Its either bad coach decision, or bad QB decision to throw 40+ Yds to Johnson into double coverage, especially when he is not a guy that makes contested catches in traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

Say what you want. DUMB decision by Ben to throw that football, given the situation on the field.

I like that the #1 WR was on a LB with his back to the ball in the very back of the end zone with a high point pass to win the game. Try to win the game. They still had the FG attempt if the ball doesn't get batted back to another defender. The ball hit JuJu in both hands. If you throw it high, it's a safe throw nearly every time. They got a bad bounce. It happens. I'm not going to kill him for it.

I like that he tried to win. A field goal puts you up 6, but still in position to lose. I like the aggressiveness in that spot to try to seal the game.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Over all ball did not seem to bounce our way until the very end.

Conner did good. Keeping Henry in check most of the game was good.

Dionte Johnson why was he the focus guy he did not have a good game. Neither did who ever 99 was. I know he was activated from the ps but he sucked