Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 7

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 7

Chargers win 39-29

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Sigh. Looks like I was totally wrong about Herbert. I can't remember the last time I saw a guy look so indecisive and underwhelming in college and then look like a polished passer in the pros right away.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Sigh. Looks like I was totally wrong about Herbert. I can't remember the last time I saw a guy look so indecisive and underwhelming in college and then look like a polished passer in the pros right away.

I marveled at Herbert's physical skills and athleticism, but watched him constantly underperform against good competition and come up small in big games. I wasn't a believer. He seemed to crumble under pressure. I wasn't high on him either. I mean, people were talking about him at the very top of the draft. I didn't think he should be taken in the top 10, and I wouldn't have if I was a GM.

When he got to the NFL, it's as if he got here, looked around or made a couple plays and said to himself...."I really do belong here!". He never played with this much confidence and moxy in college. It's wonderful to see, but sometimes it's just unexplainable how players seem to transform when they move up to the next level. He literally never showed he could do what he is doing consistently against this level of competition.

Good for him. He looks amazing. I was wrong.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I marveled at Herbert's physical skills and athleticism, but watched him constantly underperform against good competition and come up small in big games. I wasn't a believer. He seemed to crumble under pressure. I wasn't high on him either. I mean, people were talking about him at the very top of the draft. I didn't think he should be taken in the top 10, and I wouldn't have if I was a GM.

When he got to the NFL, it's as if he got here, looked around or made a couple plays and said to himself...."I really do belong here!". He never played with this much confidence and moxy in college. It's wonderful to see, but sometimes it's just unexplainable how players seem to transform when they move up to the next level. He literally never showed he could do what he is doing consistently against this level of competition.

Good for him. He looks amazing. I was wrong.
    This is a really great summary of the exact conversation I had in my head this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Patriots shouldn’t have traded Jimmy G, Cam Newton is horrible

Not sure it's all on Newton. NE might have the worst collection of pass catchers in the league. Hard to complete passes when guys can't get open.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The broncos did a great job to keep Mahomes on the sidelines in the first half.They give up 2 non offensive TD

It's amazing how EVERY WEEK, Seattle has games go down to the wire. Every time it seems they are up double digits late in the game, like clockwork the opposition tightens it up. At least with the Steelers, they had the blowout against Cleveland and once they prevented the Giants (as pathetic as they may be) from getting within one possession after they went up by more than 1 possession on the Giants, it stayed that way. Once again, Seattle turns a double digit lead with minutes to go into a nail-biter this time against Arizona

Seattle took a 10 point lead with 6:50 left. Guess what, the game is tied

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Today's NFL. Any lead evaporates in am instant

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Big win for Arizona

Steelers are officially the last unbeaten team in the nfl. I know the last remaining unbeaten typically doesn't win the super bowl but it's still good. Also no way Seattle goes anywhere this postseason with how god awful their defense is.

Originally Posted by=Fire Goodell;744270]
    Patriots shouldn’t have traded Jimmy G, Cam Newton is horrible
    Not sure it's all on Newton. NE might have the worst collection of pass catchers in the league. Hard to complete passes when guys can't get open.
    All of the above plus the defense isn't playing well.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Newton appears to be holding the ball much longer than Brady did as well. You need to make precise and quick decisions running the Patriots offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Newton appears to be holding the ball much longer than Brady did as well. You need to make precise and quick decisions running the Patriots offense.
    Which isn't Newton's game. He is better throwing at big WRs who can either separate from the DB or win a contested catch. No one on NE can do either.

Brady looks far better in Tampa than he has in a bit in NE. Why? Look at the talent level he's throwing to.

Newton looks like he's making decent decisions. He's just getting no help.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Which isn't Newton's game. He is better throwing at big WRs who can either separate from the DB or win a contested catch. No one on NE can do either.

Brady looks far better in Tampa than he has in a bit in NE. Why? Look at the talent level he's throwing to.

This guys got Evans, Godwin, Miller, Gronk, Howard, Brate and then AB to throw to...lol.

Yes his receivers aren't helping him but throwing 3 interceptions isn't making decent decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Yes his receivers aren't helping him but throwing 3 interceptions isn't making decent decisions.
    I didn't watch much of that game or the previous one. But the little I have seen of Newton is the ball is going to a reasonable option on the play. Just zero of his options can achieve any separation on the play (or they fall down) making every single throw a tight window 50/50 proposition.

Newton looks horrible right now. But I suspect that if he had a single consistent weapon to throw to, much of this looks better. But between not getting open and drops, he isn't getting much help. Of course, throwing into defenders and the turf isn't fantastic either.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

So after 3 weeks, Cam was already winning Comeback Player of the Year

Now, he's already questioning himself if he will have a job.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

That award is gonna be Big Ben's 100%

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

And then COVID struck...

I didn't watch much of that game or the previous one. But the little I have seen of Newton is the ball is going to a reasonable option on the play. Just zero of his options can achieve any separation on the play (or they fall down) making every single throw a tight window 50/50 proposition.

Newton looks horrible right now. But I suspect that if he had a single consistent weapon to throw to, much of this looks better. But between not getting open and drops, he isn't getting much help. Of course, throwing into defenders and the turf isn't fantastic either.
    I agree, the receivers aren't getting any separation. Look, I wish Cam well as much for himself as the Patriots. Since he has been here I've grown to like him.

When the last time the bears had a good offense? ......This is just brutal

Here's your reminder, the last place team in the NFC west has been riddled by injuries and they still stand at 4-3

Maybe this is proving that Bill Beclichick isn't actually a genius, but the same loser that he's always been when he coached the Browns all those years. Like McCarthy, had success riding the coat tails of an elite QB. I guess having the best QB of all time (arguably) can make any coach look like a genius. Brady turned a middling TB team into a contender, while NE looks like shit