Thread: Steelers Interested In Lions LB Jarrad Davis?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Interested In Lions LB Jarrad Davis?

According to a recent report, Davis may draw some interest from the AFC Central powerhouse.

According to The Athletic:

"The former first-round pick fell out of favor in Detroit as his snaps have dwindled. Like many unemployed or rarely used inside linebackers, Davis is more of a run-blitzing, downhill, sure-tackling linebacker than a coverage linebacker, but he isn’t a liability in coverage either.

Mike Tomlin loved him coming out of Florida in 2017. The Steelers had him in for a pre-draft visit that year. Tomlin loves to reconnect with players whether through trades or free agency after the fact. Many believed the Steelers were going to draft him in the first round in 2017.

Source: https://www.si.com/.amp-lions/nfl/li...1aNI49q7SmW1DI

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Steelers Interested In Lions LB Jarrad Davis?

i'd personally much rather look at Hasson Reddick and kick him inside , his is a much better fit athletically to mimic what Bush was able to do within this system
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I don't want any guys that "fell out of favor" anywhere. That usually means they aren't good.

I still think the Jets LB Avery Williamson is the best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I don't want any guys that "fell out of favor" anywhere. That usually means they aren't good.

Not necessarily. It depends if their skills match the scheme. It seems that, at least according to what I've read here, that's Davis's case. He's more of a run stopper in a league where most teams really want hybrid CBs or safeties playing LB.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

i'd personally much rather look at Hasson Reddick and kick him inside , his is a much better fit athletically to mimic what Bush was able to do within this system
    Maybe Reddick is better but the Cards are not in the fire sale mode...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post

I’d want Williamson as well but it’s just not the kind of move I think the Steelers make...but maybe...no one really thought they’d dump a number one on Fitzpatrick when they did...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Maybe Reddick is better but the Cards are not in the fire sale mode...

no they are not , that said they do not value him that much as they did not exercise the 5th year option on him ... so would they be willing to move him for a 5th round pick now or prefer to let him walk with no compensation at the end of the year ? thats the question
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

no they are not , that said they do not value him that much as they did not exercise the 5th year option on him ... so would they be willing to move him for a 5th round pick now or prefer to let him walk with no compensation at the end of the year ? thats the question

That is the question. Would they be willing to trade him for a 5th round pick rather than getting nothing.

Then the questions become...Do the Steelers like him as a player, can they afford him, and are they willing to give up a draft pick to acquire him?