Thread: Cowboys players are not Happy with Mike McCarthy and their coaching staff....

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Cowboys players are not Happy with Mike McCarthy and their coaching staff....

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Cowboys players are not Happy with Mike McCarthy and their coaching staff....

Their coaches suck but Zeke Elliott isn't helping w/all the fumbles

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Cowboys players are not Happy with Mike McCarthy and their coaching staff....

This is impossible. The sports media was telling me this was a Super Bowl contender

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Their coaches suck but Zeke Elliott isn't helping w/all the fumbles
    Even the players are saying the coaches “suck”...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So this got really bad really quickly. Makes all the whispers and allegations that came out when McCarthy left GB seem so much more believable. This really sounds like more of the same. I wish I could find the article(s) but players were talking about missed meetings by McCarthy; running out of plays by the third quarter; totally inability/unwillingness to adjust in any way; no real player development; etc. That's just McCarthy. Add the trash fire that Mike Nolan is known to be into the mix? It is totally believable that this was/is a bad coaching staff.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

They can say coaches suck all they want. Coaches didn’t fumble twice, drop a TD pass and throw 2 pics. It couldn’t hurt to fire the DC though.

I have to admit I was very wrong when I thought McCarthy was a good hire by Jerry Jones.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I have to admit I was very wrong when I thought McCarthy was a good hire by Jerry Jones.
    Here is the thing about McCarthy...he is really only 1/2 a head coach. He totally outsources the defensive side of the ball to his assistants. He can run the heck out of an offense. And prior to Dak getting hurt, scoring points and moving the football wasn't really the Cowboys problem. And being a totally offensive minded HC is fine. But you have to get that DC hire correct. And Mike Nolan as your DC is almost never the correct hire. But, again, we see how NFL coaching circles really work.

Where and with who did Mike McCarthy get one of his first big breaks? As an offensive coordinator on Mike Nolan's 49ers staff. So look who Mike hires when he goes to Dallas to run his defense, his old buddy who hired him at one point...gets the favor returned.

I know that Tomlin has and continues to basically do the same thing with Fichtner and Butler. It is part of the reason I typically believe the "problems" for an NFL team are on the coaching staff more than the players. Coaching is self-licking ice cream cone circus starring the same clowns over and over.

On top of all that, one has to ask what McCarthy is really doing in Dallas. Like, what does he actually spend his time on? He doesn't do defense. That, for better or worse is all Mike Nolan. He doesn't do special teams. He does offense and quarterbacks. That's it. Well, in Dallas, that is all on Kellen Moore. Moore has the support of ownership and the players. So...what is Mike doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Here is the thing about McCarthy...he is really only 1/2 a head coach. He totally outsources the defensive side of the ball to his assistants. He can run the heck out of an offense. And prior to Dak getting hurt, scoring points and moving the football wasn't really the Cowboys problem. And being a totally offensive minded HC is fine. But you have to get that DC hire correct. And Mike Nolan as your DC is almost never the correct hire. But, again, we see how NFL coaching circles really work.

Where and with who did Mike McCarthy get one of his first big breaks? As an offensive coordinator on Mike Nolan's 49ers staff. So look who Mike hires when he goes to Dallas to run his defense, his old buddy who hired him at one point...gets the favor returned.

I know that Tomlin has and continues to basically do the same thing with Fichtner and Butler. It is part of the reason I typically believe the "problems" for an NFL team are on the coaching staff more than the players. Coaching is self-licking ice cream cone circus starring the same clowns over and over.

On top of all that, one has to ask what McCarthy is really doing in Dallas. Like, what does he actually spend his time on? He doesn't do defense. That, for better or worse is all Mike Nolan. He doesn't do special teams. He does offense and quarterbacks. That's it. Well, in Dallas, that is all on Kellen Moore. Moore has the support of ownership and the players. So...what is Mike doing?
    I don't understand why McCarthy loves the old DCs so much which are completely outdated .... He kept Dom Capers for 9 long years even though the packers defense were garbage from year 3 and Mike Nolan had not been a DC in the NFL since 2014(and in 2014,he was the DC of the awful defense of the falcons)!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Here is the cold hard truth about Mike McCarthy. His career was built entirely off the back of the tail end of Brett Favre's prime followed by Aaron Rodgers. If McCarthy had even an average QB in that time he would have been fired in about 3 years and never would have been head coach again. I know some people on here will hate reading this since those people hate reading positive things said about Rodgers but it's true. His entire "coaching philosophy" appears to be nothing more than let the QB handle everything which is why everytime his starting QBs have gone down to the past, his teams have turned into horse manure

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I don't understand why McCarthy loves the old DCs so much which are completely outdated .... He kept Dom Capers for 9 long years even though the packers defense were garbage from year 3 and Mike Nolan had not been a DC in the NFL since 2014(and in 2014,he was the DC of the awful defense of the falcons)!
    Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Here is the cold hard truth about Mike McCarthy. His career was built entirely off the back of the tail end of Brett Favre's prime followed by Aaron Rodgers. If McCarthy had even an average QB in that time he would have been fired in about 3 years and never would have been head coach again. I know some people on here will hate reading this since those people hate reading positive things said about Rodgers but it's true. His entire "coaching philosophy" appears to be nothing more than let the QB handle everything which is why everytime his starting QBs have gone down to the past, his teams have turned into horse manure
    Yup. McCarthy is trash. I watched his entire GB tenure and it was consistently underwhelming at best. Totally carried by his "system" -- which appears to be having a HOF caliber QB bail out his bad play calling and shoddy defenses by performing on field miracles.

McCarthy hires bad coaches because all NFL coaches hire and work with their "friends" or guys that did them a favor in the past. The more and more I read about how NFL coaches think and why they make the decisions they do; I realize they are not operating on logic. It is all cliches and emotions. I think that most NFL coaches are not really half as clever as they think the are. They are slow to change and slow to do anything different than the rest of the coaching fraternity. That way, you can keep getting jobs and recycled year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yup. McCarthy is trash. I watched his entire GB tenure and it was consistently underwhelming at best. Totally carried by his "system" -- which appears to be having a HOF caliber QB bail out his bad play calling and shoddy defenses by performing on field miracles.

McCarthy hires bad coaches because all NFL coaches hire and work with their "friends" or guys that did them a favor in the past. The more and more I read about how NFL coaches think and why they make the decisions they do; I realize they are not operating on logic. It is all cliches and emotions. I think that most NFL coaches are not really half as clever as they think the are. They are slow to change and slow to do anything different than the rest of the coaching fraternity. That way, you can keep getting jobs and recycled year after year.
    This is very important for a head coach to be able to evolve when the game changes if you want to have a long career as a head coach ... Some were unable to do it like Jeff Fisher, others like Andy Reid and others are able to evolve and has a lot of success.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Who cares? So long as Jerry is GM and directly over everything football related it doesn't matter who the coach is or how good he is as a coach. It's like an NBA team situation in Dallas. The players have more power than the Head Coach because they can go directly to the owner and circumvent the HC. McCarthy hold zero power, same as Garrett did. He's just the scapegoat.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This is not better but at least they can be in the first place of their division next week with a win vs eagles in SNF._._pathetic

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

McCarthy mad at players because they didn’t react to the hit on Dalton?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    McCarthy mad at players because they didn’t react to the hit on Dalton?
    This is true.He has lost his lockerroom after only 6-7 games

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

And this just goes to show you with a truly great QB how a coach can be made to look brilliant. Aaron Rodgers did it for years with McCarthy in Green Bay just like Brady did it for the cheating A hole in New England.

Now look at the two of them once the great QB is taken away. Belichick was never "a genius" until Brady came along. He was horrible in Cleveland.

Now look at a guy like Bill Parcels. Where ever he went he won (most of the time). He was a great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    And this just goes to show you with a truly great QB how a coach can be made to look brilliant. Aaron Rodgers did it for years with McCarthy in Green Bay just like Brady did it for the cheating A hole in New England.

Now look at the two of them once the great QB is taken away. Belichick was never "a genius" until Brady came along. He was horrible in Cleveland.

Now look at a guy like Bill Parcels. Where ever he went he won (most of the time). He was a great coach.
    I’m not sure about Belichick yet. Tend to agree but want to see how he does in a couple seasons. He’s missing a few players and has a shitty roster at the moment compared to what Brady has in Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’m not sure about Belichick yet. Tend to agree but want to see how he does in a couple seasons. He’s missing a few players and has a shitty roster at the moment compared to what Brady has in Tampa.
    That's basically the Chuck Noll Steelers of 1983-1992. Shitty QBs, bad rosters, drafting last for so many years.

Yet he made deep playoff runs - once w/a Tom Selleck wanna be and one with a scrub QB named Bubby.

So, I agree. Let's see Hoodie for a few more years and see if he can do anything without Brady

Yet he made deep playoff runs - once w/a Tom Selleck wanna be and one with a scrub QB named Bubby.
    Lol

If I am Dak,I will never sign a long-term contract with this team unless Jerry Jones is not longer their GM

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

That's basically the Chuck Noll Steelers of 1983-1992. Shitty QBs, bad rosters, drafting last for so many years.

So, I agree. Let's see Hoodie for a few more years and see if he can do anything without Brady
    I suspect the Patriots can win two Super Bowls in the next 40 years.

BTW:

In total Belichick has won eight Super Bowl titles and finished as runner-up four times from his combined time as an assistant and head coach.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

1984 and 1989 were actually 2 of Noll's best coaching jobs.