Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P Jordan Berry Visiting Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

P Jordan Berry Visiting Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: P Jordan Berry Visiting Steelers

Good. Colquitt's leg is done.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I guess those are the only two punters not on an NFL roster!! *sigh*

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Who is this Wilborn? Worth him trying out since we all know Berry can't punt for shit

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Who is this Wilborn? Worth him trying out since we all know Berry can't punt for shit
    according to this article...

As Wilson notes, the team is also bringing Ray Wilborn in for a visit. At Ball State, he moved from linebacker to safety for his senior season where he notched 83 tackles and two interceptions. He received high marks for his coverage by PFF.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/10/p-...ting-steelers/

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Ah.....why don’t you read the article ......Wilborn is a linebacker.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m ok bringing Berry back.....or how about Sepulvida (sp)?

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Then is there another punter, I rather go with anyone else than return to Berry shitting the bed for half a decade. The fact that no one else signed him yet says everything

Then is there another punter, I rather go with anyone else than return to Berry shitting the bed for half a decade. The fact that no one else signed him yet says everything
    At least Berry was directional. He was nightmare, if he had to punt out of his own end zone, but he could knock it inside the 20 pretty regularly....the opponents.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Neither of these are exciting...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Bright side, during our 2005 and 2008 super bowl runs we had probably the shittiest punter in the league. So if history repeats itself, we're in for a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Bright side, during our 2005 and 2008 super bowl runs we had probably the shittiest punter in the league. So if history repeats itself, we're in for a great season.
    Was it Josh.....”what’s his name”?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Why? Did Berry somehow all of a sudden get better at punting? I realize that Colquitt's leg is dead, but that's not much of a reason to bring back a retread who sucked just as much as he does now.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Was it Josh.....”what’s his name”?
    Chris Gardocki and Paul Ernster / Mitch Berger. I think I recall one of em sucking so bad he actually made a good play by accident, having such a short punt that it confused the other team, hitting one of their players in the back making it a live ball that we recovered

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Chris Gardocki and Paul Ernster / Mitch Berger. I think I recall one of em sucking so bad he actually made a good play by accident, having such a short punt that it confused the other team, hitting one of their players in the back making it a live ball that we recovered
    It was Mitch Berger against the Chargers in the 08 playoffs. The Chargers only had 1 offensive play in the entire 3rd quarter. That punt was a thing of beauty LOL. Bring back Berger!!!

Mitch Berger was so bad in 2008 that he almost cost the AFC title game vs Ravens ... 2 horrible punt which cost 2 TD .... He was just too old at this point.But Paul Ernster was on another level .... I could have been better than him!

Never had a problem with Chris Gardocki.

I would love the steelers in the next few years draft a great punter in the 6th or 7th round.This is a big problem for most of the Mike Tomlin era.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Why? Did Berry somehow all of a sudden get better at punting? I realize that Colquitt's leg is dead, but that's not much of a reason to bring back a retread who sucked just as much as he does now.
    Was my thought too...maybe he's been practicing intensely?

Josh Miller.....went to a Steelers/Ravens game in Baltimore, Josh knocked one 70 yards, but also had two shanks. The second only went 15 yards. He came back to the sideline, (on the Jumbotron), you could see Cowher mouthing, “WHAT THE F#&K WAS THAT”? Everyone in the stadium laughed.......including me.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Josh Miller.....went to a Steelers/Ravens game in Baltimore, Josh knocked one 70 yards, but also had two shanks. The second only went 15 yards. He came back to the sideline, (on the Jumbotron), you could see Cowher mouthing, “WHAT THE F#&K WAS THAT”? Everyone in the stadium laughed.......including me.
    I seem to remember Cowher launching spittles at another punter one time. Was it Gardocki?

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Super Bowl!

Sooo, next offseason you think we can get a better punter or are we just going to keep sticking with below average Berry.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Sooo, next offseason you think we can get a better punter or are we just going to keep sticking with below average Berry.
    Do crappy teams ever trade punters away?

I’m not sure which team has good punters but in a season like this where it might end up making a difference,I’d trade a 4th round pick to some bottom feeding team for the best punter in the NFL.

Pat Macafee is from Pittsburgh. Maybe he’d suit up again to play for a contender.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Maybe they'll use a draft pick on a punter next year...
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

King was one of the better punters in the league , I can not for the life of me understand why he isnt on a roster , played in 2 other leagues since last stint in NFL and was the best punter in both those leagues .... does he has cooties or something I mean wtf seriously
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

King was one of the better punters in the league , I can not for the life of me understand why he isnt on a roster , played in 2 other leagues since last stint in NFL and was the best punter in both those leagues .... does he has cooties or something I mean wtf seriously
    He has been outspoken and low-level controversial everywhere he has gone. He has drawn criticism for dancing and celebrating as a punter.

I think it is all coach led nonsense. But the NFL wants its punters and kickers to check certain boxes. King is a different kinda guy. The NFL doesn't do different when it comes to punters.

This is how there are like the same 3 dozen guys punting every year. You're telling me there are only 30 some guys on the planet at any one time that can kick a football for distance?

So they signed Berry. Can he punt tomorrow or does he have to go through Covid protocol?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So they signed Berry. Can he punt tomorrow or does he have to go through Covid protocol?
    Look like he can punt tomorrow...

Look like he can punt tomorrow...
    Must be because he worked out on Monday and then that gives the proper quarantine time and why they would be signing him Saturday...