Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P Jordan Berry Visiting Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: P Jordan Berry Visiting Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    He has been outspoken and low-level controversial everywhere he has gone. He has drawn criticism for dancing and celebrating as a punter.

I think it is all coach led nonsense. But the NFL wants its punters and kickers to check certain boxes. King is a different kinda guy. The NFL doesn't do different when it comes to punters.

This is how there are like the same 3 dozen guys punting every year. You're telling me there are only 30 some guys on the planet at any one time that can kick a football for distance?

yeah I mean if dancing around a bit is his worst attribute , sign me up .... we have dealt with plenty worse on this team ....

crazy men who put loaded guns in their kids mouths , guys who smacked the shit out of their girlfriend , guys who kicked in doors , guys who tossed furniture off balconies , coaches that didnt pay their rent , guys who shot at airplanes with high powered rifles , and mouths that you couldnt stop with a shutoff valve etc etc etc

a little dancing and some low key outspokeness .... meh that's nothin
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

So far Berry has been good. Six kicks on Sunday, a long of 56 yards, 2 punts inside the 20 and a 42.2 yard net.

Where all the haters at?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So far Berry has been good. Six kicks on Sunday, a long of 56 yards, 2 punts inside the 20 and a 42.2 yard net.

Where all the haters at?
    He did shank one but his last punt of the day was clutch.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I seem to remember Cowher launching spittles at another punter one time. Was it Gardocki?
    Yea! Cowher woulda made a serious COVID SUPER SPREADER with that mouth of his flyin' !!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    He has been outspoken and low-level controversial everywhere he has gone. He has drawn criticism for dancing and celebrating as a punter.

I think it is all coach led nonsense. But the NFL wants its punters and kickers to check certain boxes. King is a different kinda guy. The NFL doesn't do different when it comes to punters.

This is how there are like the same 3 dozen guys punting every year. You're telling me there are only 30 some guys on the planet at any one time that can kick a football for distance?
    Everyone loved Pat Macafee and he was a celebrating, loud mouthed kind of guy. What’s the difference here?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Everyone loved Pat Macafee and he was a celebrating, loud mouthed kind of guy. What’s the difference here?
    I have no idea. Just Google King and you will see dozens of stories all alluding to some problem with how he is perceived as the only explanation for why he isn't in the league. It certainly isn't performance...

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Our long Snapper has not been very good either. Some snaps were off and he has been bull rushed leading to block. Colbert, start making some calls.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Personally, I can’t stand Macafee on the radio. I don’t get where all the love comes from. He’s a hack.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Boy, was I wrong - and happily so. Guy's been absolutely booming them. Great job and keep it up!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Boy, was I wrong - and happily so. Guy's been absolutely booming them. Great job and keep it up!
    He is a very good holder too!

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

58 YARDER today !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Berry seems to have had a career day, and even when the wind was blowing like a hurricane (not sure if he was kicking into the wind?). Honestly, I hope he doesn't have to punt ever, but he's making me less concerned about it now.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think he only had one bad punt so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think he only had one bad punt so far?
    Yup and a 49 yard+ net average for the game. I'd say he has outperformed the expectations of most of the haters here.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I don’t care about the distance (honestly). I’m more impressed at how he routinely pins the opposition inside of their own 15. To me, THAT is what has been missing in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I don’t care about the distance (honestly). I’m more impressed at how he routinely pins the opposition inside of their own 15. To me, THAT is what has been missing in years past.
    Drive for show and putt for dough!

Honestly, both are important. Distance is pure flipping the field and also part of the coverage unit factors into that.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    His last punt vs the Ratbirds was clutch. He must've ate da special Wheaties for the past few weeks.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    His last punt vs the Ratbirds was clutch. He must've ate da special Wheaties for the past few weeks.
    He busted into some of Ray Lewis’ old deer antler spray.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

His first tenure with the Steelers, he was pretty decent at directional punts if he was punting from mid field. When I got nervous was when he had to punt near his own end zone. He had more than a couple of shanks. It would seem that he has made some positive corrections. Damn, maybe one less thing we can “Smith” bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He busted into some of Ray Lewis’ old deer antler spray.
    I forgot about that stuff. Just fantastic!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I forgot about that stuff. Just fantastic!
    I think a pro golfer was nailed for using that stuff.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Drive for show and putt for dough!
    Great analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    His first tenure with the Steelers, he was pretty decent at directional punts if he was punting from mid field. When I got nervous was when he had to punt near his own end zone. He had more than a couple of shanks. It would seem that he has made some positive corrections. Damn, maybe one less thing we can “Smith” bitch about.
    That game vs the Bills last year was his low point but I'm glad he's getting more consistent.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Whatever worked for Boz is working for Berry. Better jar that stuff up.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

From listening to the talking heads when they talk punting it seems the punters 'sweet spot' is at 40-45 yards per. That distance with decent height allows the coverage team to get downfield and make the tackle. Out-kicking the coverage results in returners getting up to speed which is what makes them dangerous. A punt that nets less than 40 yards is usually a shank or one that had a good return. Being able to drop the ball inside the 20/15/10/5 is a finesse feat that some simply do better than others. I don't know very much about punting, just passing on what I've been told.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I think a pro golfer was nailed for using that stuff.
    yeah, Vijay Singh.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    From listening to the talking heads when they talk punting it seems the punters 'sweet spot' is at 40-45 yards per. That distance with decent height allows the coverage team to get downfield and make the tackle. Out-kicking the coverage results in returners getting up to speed which is what makes them dangerous. A punt that nets less than 40 yards is usually a shank or one that had a good return. Being able to drop the ball inside the 20/15/10/5 is a finesse feat that some simply do better than others. I don't know very much about punting, just passing on what I've been told.
    It makes sense...