Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 7:Titans(5-0)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 7:Titans(5-0)

Battle for the first seed!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 7:Titans(5-0)

The Steelers have the Titans and Ravens on the road in back to back weeks. We will see just how good this team really is.

Ryan Tannehill continues to have a marquee resurrection. He's become a very good Quarterback.

The Defense will be facing the man-monster that is Derrick Henry without Devin Bush. We can only hope Robert Spillane and UGIII are up to the challenge (lol). Expect Tannehill to attack them with playaction and TE Firkser, who is also very good.

The titans defense is one of the worst against the pass and the run,so it could be a high scoring game.The titans offense is maybe the best offense that the steelers have in their schedule this year.They are great for running the ball and make big play on the passing game.Big challenge for the steelers defense.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I see a loss. If it was in Pittsburgh a win.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Going to be a tough game on the road and, Henry is running through everyone like he was last year. Like mentioned above Tannehill is playing real well and, without Devin Bush it's going be a challenge. Although the Titians lost Lewan for the season I think as well. I still think will win a close game 31-24.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Going to be a tough game but I believe

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

I believe we will play well against them, and as much as I want us to win, I am not convinced we will, the Titans are just playing a bit better. Now can we beat them? Sure, I think we match well against many of the AFCs top...

Will be a rad game to watch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

These teams are similar. Both have struggled against lesser teams but have one dominating win over a team with a winning record. Both offenses are doing great but both defenses are inconsistent (though Pittsburgh's defense was better at least before Devin Bush got injured). It's likely that the loser tops 30 points. Should be an evenly matched game

Very rare to see a matchup between 2 teams at 5-0 or better...

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, we just held the top rushing offense to 77yards rushing and I don’t think Tannehil is as good if he isn’t able to use the play action effectively. So I think we should be able to limit Henry and be effective against their Offense. And more importantly, if the Texans would have kicked a FG earlier they would have won.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Score TDs early. Make Henry a spectator.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Score TDs early. Make Henry a spectator.

Nice strategy!

The steelers need to contain Henry but not at all costs .... The Titans are great in play-action.

The good news, the steelers have been great against the run this year, but it's gonna be the toughest test so far

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think it’s going to be a loss and I think it’s going to be a bad one. Maybe a 38-17...Ben is due for a klunker too...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

New Ben is a changed man, maybe he watched film like Peyton Manning or something

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think it’s going to be a loss and I think it’s going to be a bad one. Maybe a 38-17...Ben is due for a klunker too...
    Do you really think this defense is going to give up 38? Or is Ben going to throw a couple of pick 6.......because that’s what he’s been doing this year.

I Believe!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Steelers have the Titans and Ravens on the road in back to back weeks. We will see just how good this team really is.
    Hopefully they'll disappoint you and win both...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Do you really think this defense is going to give up 38? Or is Ben going to throw a couple of pick 6.......because that’s what he’s been doing this year.
    Combination. There will be some confusion in trying to replace Bush that could lead to some miscommunication and a couple breakdowns. Ben is also due for a clunker of a game. There's also the Ravens game looking in the near future...

No chance that the focus of the steelers for this game will be on the Ravens...The titans are too good for that.And this game could be very important for the first seed....

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Combination. There will be some confusion in trying to replace Bush that could lead to some miscommunication and a couple breakdowns. Ben is also due for a clunker of a game. There's also the Ravens game looking in the near future...
    First of all, does clunker/klunker begin with a “c” or “k”......it’s important to know., secondly, I disagree. Ben hasn’t played the game he wants to play. He openly admits that he hasn’t found his range on long throws, (his throw to Washington was perfect).

31-21 Steelers

Senior Member Array title="PalmerSteel is on a distinguished road"> PalmerSteel's Avatar

We cant win them all. I predict a close L for the D to adjust to their new "QB" in the middle of that D. The loss will ignite them for next week for a W!
    "I think they can count on me. And I want them to be able to count on me."
    ~ Big Ben Roethlisberger, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    First of all, does clunker/klunker begin with a “c” or “k”......it’s important to know., secondly, I disagree. Ben hasn’t played the game he wants to play. He openly admits that he hasn’t found his range on long throws, (his throw to Washington was perfect).

31-21 Steelers
    Lol...I think it’s a “C”. Maybe misspelled first time around.

To go against my own argument, Ben is due for a big game as well.

If this game were in Pittsburgh, I think it’s Steelers. But being in Tennessee, even though the fans are at a minimum, I just have a feeling they all lay an egg. But hopefully I’m just being pessimistic...which I do...a lot.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerSteel View Post
    We cant win them all. I predict a close L for the D to adjust to their new "QB" in the middle of that D. The loss will ignite them for next week for a W!
    I will take this every time, if we have to lose 1 of the 2, I would rather have the W vs the Ravens. That being said, this may come down to offenses this week, I will take the good guys in a barn burner 34-31

Barkley
    Gordon
    Sanders
    Hunt

That’s a pretty nice lineup of RBs they’ve faced...with Henry coming up. If they blow up the Titans o-Line, Henry’s not going to do much better than any of the guys listed above. Pretty much contain Tannehill and Henry, cover Brown and it should lead to a win...especially if Jonnu isn’t playing.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I don’t know how much of an impact the loss of Bush will be, but as of right now, Pittsburgh seems to be the team playing well on all sides of the ball. They score. They keep teams from scoring. That’s a recipe for W’s.

Ravens have a bye than play the Steelers the following Sunday. Unless they get beaten up bad physically by the Titans, I have a bad feeling about that match-up. I never thought I’d be so concerned over a 5–1 team.

The Titans’ D is not that good. I think Steelers leave Nashville 6-0. 31-24.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I can easily talk myself into any outcome for this game. I do know that it will be the most individually dominant RB against the most collectively dominant run defense. That should be some riveting television, regardless of outcome.

I can't really judge the passing game or pass defense of either team. I feel like we haven't really seen the Titans at full strength because they haven't had their top receiving options on the field together enough. For the Steelers, I think Ben R is still rounding into shape/form. Each week he looks more and more like his old self, but he still really isn't all the way back yet. Perhaps, this is what post-injury old Ben looks like. Perhaps he is still working his game into form. No idea.

I know nothing about the Titans pass defense. I know they have at least one ballhawking safety. For the Steelers pass defense, I question whether than can flip the switch between the blitz happy mode they showed in the first several games and the coverage focused mode they showed against the Browns on a consistent basis.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I really hope they don't suffer a letdown after the Browns game. I know that they said that it was just another game, but after the incident with Garrett and Rudolph I really think the team was steamed and fired up to really lay one on them. I believe the game meant much more to them than they were letting on.

The Titans are no joke. they better be ready for a physical battle. I really can't wait to see this game to see how the matchups look in real life. Henry is a human cheat code, and the Steelers defense has the uncertainty of the ILB position. If the defense can set the edge, a guy like Spillane could be very effective at stuffing the run. He appears to be a hard-hitting physical player that could be a good matchup in the running game, but a possible liability in coverage.

I'm hoping the offense continues to roll, and starts fast to get a lead. The Titans defense seems to give up points, but they also make plays in some big spots. I think it's important for the offense to score, but also to win the time of possession to keep Henry and that power running game from pounding on the defense until they are exhausted.

The game within the game.