Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 7:Titans(5-0)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 7:Titans(5-0)

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I really hope they don't suffer a letdown after the Browns game. I know that they said that it was just another game, but after the incident with Garrett and Rudolph I really think the team was steamed and fired up to really lay one on them. I believe the game meant much more to them than they were letting on.

The Titans are no joke. they better be ready for a physical battle. I really can't wait to see this game to see how the matchups look in real life. Henry is a human cheat code, and the Steelers defense has the uncertainty of the ILB position. If the defense can set the edge, a guy like Spillane could be very effective at stuffing the run. He appears to be a hard-hitting physical player that could be a good matchup in the running game, but a possible liability in coverage.

I'm hoping the offense continues to roll, and starts fast to get a lead. The Titans defense seems to give up points, but they also make plays in some big spots. I think it's important for the offense to score, but also to win the time of possession to keep Henry and that power running game from pounding on the defense until they are exhausted.

The game within the game.
    To be honest, I didn't even think of the possibility of a letdown and I don't think it's going to happen ... The next game that it could happenIletdown) is against the Cowboys in week 9 ... Before that, they have the 5-0 Titans and the Ravens ... Win or lose, they won't have a letdown since the steelers know his games are big .... PIT-TEN is probably the game of the week in the NFL even if this game is only at 13:00

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I can easily talk myself into any outcome for this game. I do know that it will be the most individually dominant RB against the most collectively dominant run defense. That should be some riveting television, regardless of outcome.

I can't really judge the passing game or pass defense of either team. I feel like we haven't really seen the Titans at full strength because they haven't had their top receiving options on the field together enough. For the Steelers, I think Ben R is still rounding into shape/form. Each week he looks more and more like his old self, but he still really isn't all the way back yet. Perhaps, this is what post-injury old Ben looks like. Perhaps he is still working his game into form. No idea.

I know nothing about the Titans pass defense. I know they have at least one ballhawking safety. For the Steelers pass defense, I question whether than can flip the switch between the blitz happy mode they showed in the first several games and the coverage focused mode they showed against the Browns on a consistent basis.
    Overall the titans defense struggle big time so far this year,against the run or pass

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/oti/2020.htm

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Should be a very good game. Two well coached teams in the pandemic season.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

28-26 with Boz kicking the winning FG as time expires. Or the alternative ending of their K missing a last second FG.

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

Score TDs early. Make Henry a spectator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen and a big game from the D-Line and not allowing Henry to get up a head of speed, get him going east and west so that can't get to the second level with any kind of momentum.

31-23 Steelers

Istina

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    In all honesty, the fact we're going into our sixth game and only have three players not practicing on a Thursday before a game is quite remarkable. If the trend carries across the league, there's going to be some eye-raising about all the OTAs and preseason games (even if they only play very little for a game or two outside of a first half in a third game) that usually go on every year, along with all the injuries sustained during the year. On top of that, the game hasn't suffered nearly as much as I thought it would.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Hilton is a loss, that sucks

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Their offensive numbers are a little better than ours, but they needed them in order to win some of those games. Our defensive numbers are on another level.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    7 sacks? Wow. That’s pathetic.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    7 sacks? Wow. That’s pathetic.
    The Steelers will probably do it in a single game this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Conner is the best running back for Sunday's game

The steelers 'run defense is incredible and the titans' run defense struggles a lot (26th in yards and bottom 3 in yards per run at 5.1)

The key for steelers is not to be bad against the playaction, which is the strength of the passing game of the titans.The steelers need to be smart.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I can't remember the last time the hype on a Steelers team was this high. Fans and so called experts alike have them winning this game and strangling the Titans offense while doing it.

This will be the first pretty good offensive line that the Steelers have faced. Now, maybe the lose of Lewan will be similar to the lose of Teller for the Browns and the Titans front will be ineffective. But I think the assumption that the Steelers front will just maul the Titans is a bit premature.

I keep hearing about how bad the Titans defense is. But they knocked the snot out of the Bills offense, which up to that point had been pretty good.

I think the Steelers can win. I also think they can just as easily lose. In fact, I think they most likely will. I think because of uncertainty on defense from Bush being out and then other guys trying to do too much to compensate, cracks start appearing. Henry and AJ Brown exploit those cracks for big plays. Then it all starts to snowball.

Titans 31-Steelers 17

I can't remember the last time the hype on a Steelers team was this high. Fans and so called experts alike have them winning this game and strangling the Titans offense while doing it.

This will be the first pretty good offensive line that the Steelers have faced. Now, maybe the lose of Lewan will be similar to the lose of Teller for the Browns and the Titans front will be ineffective. But I think the assumption that the Steelers front will just maul the Titans is a bit premature.

I keep hearing about how bad the Titans defense is. But they knocked the snot out of the Bills offense, which up to that point had been pretty good.

I think the Steelers can win. I also think they can just as easily lose. In fact, I think they most likely will. I think because of uncertainty on defense from Bush being out and then other guys trying to do too much to compensate, cracks start appearing. Henry and AJ Brown exploit those cracks for big plays. Then it all starts to snowball.

Titans 31-Steelers 17
    In fact, the Steelers were under the radar like crazy before this week even though they were 4-0 and one of the only reasons why they talk a lot about the Steelers this week is because they are playing against another team which is 5- 0 and this is the game of the week

The steelers this year feel a lot different than the killer b's era years, since they have no drama now which is very refreshing(at least for me) ..... If the steelers win against the titans and the ravens in back to back week, the steelers are a true super bowl contender no matter what, unless Ben is out for the rest of the season .... We must not be afraid to believe it sometimes!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    In fact, the Steelers were under the radar like crazy before this week even though they were 4-0 and one of the only reasons why they talk a lot about the Steelers this week is because they are playing against another team which is 5- 0 and this is the game of the week

The steelers this year feel a lot different than the killer b's era years, since they have no drama now which is very refreshing(at least for me) ..... If the steelers win against the titans and the ravens in back to back week, the steelers are a true super bowl contender no matter what, unless Ben is out for the rest of the season .... We must not be afraid to believe it sometimes!
    They are a contender even if they lose. i just don't see the juggernaut that I've been reading about this week when I watch this team. They are good but not unstoppable.

They are a contender even if they lose. i just don't see the juggernaut that I've been reading about this week when I watch this team. They are good but not unstoppable.
    Yeah, I agree on that.... And if they win the next two games, their big challenge is going to be to stay focused since a team is never good as the media can think sometimes .... The 2019 Ravens are just a recent example.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

In the entire history of the NFL only 1 team has gone undefeated. Some games will be lost this season. So long as the team stays focused and tough and makes the post season I think we are good. Same chance to win it all whether win or lose this weekend or next.

Prediction: Steelers 40, Titans 38. Close, hard fought battle. Back and forth with multiple lead changes. INSTANT CLASSIC!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

You have to think whether you are more afraid of the Titan's run game or passing game. I am not worried about the Titan's Run defense nor pass defense vs this Steeler's offense. So, should we fear their run game more or their passing game? I think our pass rush keeps them in short passes and running the ball. Maybe a little Lebeau at this point but, tackle the catch, and stop the run. The Titan's offense may look a lot like the Giants from week 1.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Losing Hilton and Bush stinks. They are both impact players. Hilton has a great knack for his blitzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Losing Hilton and Bush stinks. They are both impact players. Hilton has a great knack for his blitzing.
    At least for Hilton,I think this is just a short term injury.....

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Derrick Henry is the closest thing to Bo Jackson I’ve seen since he retired

Nice catch by JuJu!!

Conner is running HARD!!