Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only 1 interception after 5 games for Ben!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Only 1 interception after 5 games for Ben!

On 165 pass attempts.11 TD pass with that

Among the starting QBs who have played every game, only Ben and Mahomes have 1 interception or less(1 each).What's the biggest reason for this so far?

It can be several reasons like better defense, more commited on the running game,so less pressure and less pass attempts or less need to feed the egos in the skill position.

Re: Only 1 interception after 5 games for Ben!

I'm not sure they're more committed to the run game. It looks more like they're trying to balance it, but once they go up in points the coaches now have enough confidence in the RBs to run the clock out.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's two reasons for Ben's low INT rate. The first one is they're using more pre-snap motion and other things, and they're opening up a lot of passing lanes underneath for 5-10 yards. Previously, they were depending pretty much entirely on WR talent to shake loose or Ben's ability to throw a player open. The second one is the surgery. I wondered just how much his accuracy might improve when he could get back to good mechanics and not be compensating for pain.

It's funny, after so many years, I'd have to say that we're just now seeing Ben play QB without any hint of Sandlot football in his game—not that it was a bad thing, we one two SBs with it and almost a third.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Juju is seeing his bank account shrink every week!!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Juju is seeing his bank account shrink every week!!
    Juju is set to have a big game soon, notice the Browns we’re trying to take away Claypool and Juju, so we went to Washington and he torched them. We simply have too many very good WRs for teams to cover them all. At some point one of our 4 WRs will be covered by a less than average DB and that is the mismatch for that week.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Juju is set to have a big game soon, notice the Browns we’re trying to take away Claypool and Juju, so we went to Washington and he torched them. We simply have too many very good WRs for teams to cover them all. At some point one of our 4 WRs will be covered by a less than average DB and that is the mismatch for that week.
    Juju's big game(s) will come later in the year I think. Why? Claypool and Ebron get fluent in the offense and you can start moving them all around. WR alignments to get Juju the "mismatch".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I'm not sure they're more committed to the run game. It looks more like they're trying to balance it, but once they go up in points the coaches now have enough confidence in the RBs to run the clock out.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's two reasons for Ben's low INT rate. The first one is they're using more pre-snap motion and other things, and they're opening up a lot of passing lanes underneath for 5-10 yards. Previously, they were depending pretty much entirely on WR talent to shake loose or Ben's ability to throw a player open. The second one is the surgery. I wondered just how much his accuracy might improve when he could get back to good mechanics and not be compensating for pain.

It's funny, after so many years, I'd have to say that we're just now seeing Ben play QB without any hint of Sandlot football in his game—not that it was a bad thing, we one two SBs with it and almost a third.
    Good point, but for the running game, they are 5th in the NFL in attempts(30 rushing attempts in every game outside of the game against Denver) .... Of course it helps that they are able to run the ball well when they need it like in the end of game against the Giants, Broncos and Texans ... The game against the Browns in the second half, it brought back memories of CowherBall!

The Browns were unable to stop the run (especially with Conner) even though it was predictable because of the big lead.

Ben also deserves a lot of credit for his ball security so far this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Also just look at the stats,Derek Carr has also only one interception so far this year

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Wait...there are 7 QBs completing OVER 75% of their passes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Wait...there are 7 QBs completing OVER 75% of their passes?
    In throw under 2.5 seconds

In throw under 2.5 seconds
    Still. That is a ton of completions.Even if they are all like for 4 yards, that is a lot of offense. No wonder points are up across the league.

Still. That is a ton of completions.Even if they are all like for 4 yards, that is a lot of offense. No wonder points are up across the league.
    Yeah and I saw a stats that Ben was throwing the ball the most quickly after the snap (in 2.3 seconds on average or something) in the NFL

This stats is on this article

Steelers Ben Roethlisberger’s time from snap to throw is faster than any NFL QB

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...an-any-nfl-qb/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This stats is on this article

Steelers Ben Roethlisberger’s time from snap to throw is faster than any NFL QB

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...an-any-nfl-qb/
    What was this time under Arians? His plays would take so long to develop.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I think that Ben used to make some of the most difficult passes in past years for the big play and, to keep AB happy. Now we are seeing the evolved Ben letting his play makers make the plays and, Ben is making good decisions not trying to score a TD with every pass.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Fire Arians again!

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Forever.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Do we think he’s beyond the point that he has a shit game every so often? I feel like he’s due for that if that’s still “his thing”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Now only 4 interceptions in 9 games(3 in one game and only 1 in the others 8 games!)

Having a very good unselfish group of WRs helps a lot to not have a huge number of interceptions too.This is a huge factor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Do we think he’s beyond the point that he has a shit game every so often? I feel like he’s due for that if that’s still “his thing”.
    I suspect it will happen. Everyone eventually has a bad day or runs into a defense that is their "kryptonite".

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Bens arm looks stronger than ever. Nice to see after surgery and at his age. I really thought this year was it, but now I think he comes back for encore.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I don't care what anybody says about his long ball, he's playing his ass off this year

The thing is, he has had them already. But this year he's been managing them a lot better so they don't hurt the team. Rather nice to see.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I noticed Ben really doesn't get going till after the 1st quarter. That said he is having a great season.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I noticed Ben really doesn't get going till after the 1st quarter. That said he is having a great season.
    It’s almost like once they get through the “scripted game plan” then the real stuff happens...

It’s almost like once they get through the “scripted game plan” then the real stuff happens...
    Before this game,Ben had a QB rating of only 76 or something like that....This is over 120 in the fourth quarter...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Was this Ben’s “wake-up” game?

If so, watch out NFL.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I knew when antonio brown was gone that's Bens interceptions would decrease dramatically cause Ben forced it to him a lot because of his crying and complaining

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

If so, watch out NFL.
    :drool:

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

If so, watch out NFL.
    Honestly, this is totally an intangible statement, but this felt like the first game in 2020 that some semblance of Ben R from the previous 16 years was playing QB. That being said, the Bengals secondary is horrific and their pass rush is abysmal. So...who knows what it means...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Honestly, this is totally an intangible statement, but this felt like the first game in 2020 that some semblance of Ben R from the previous 16 years was playing QB. That being said, the Bengals secondary is horrific and their pass rush is abysmal. So...who knows what it means...
    Indeed This performance was against Scrub McPracticesquad.

That said, I’m a firm believer in momentum. And, this game got the ball rolling...