Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers’ LB Devin Bush tore his ACL

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers’ LB Devin Bush tore his ACL

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Steelers’ LB Devin Bush tore his ACL

Shit that is a huge blow, though Spillane looks game

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Looked hyper extended to me . Hopefully he'll recover quickly

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Dammit!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Spillane looked good,

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I knew it...as soon as I saw it, I knew he was done! That’s gonna hurt the D...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

FUCK.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I knew it...as soon as I saw it, I knew he was done! That’s gonna hurt the D...
    same for me

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Next man up. But a great loss.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Any veteran scraps on the market that might be able to help out a little? Spillane looked good but once teams have some tape on him, he could be a point of exploitation?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Spillane looked good but it will be interesting to see if they make a trade.

Wouldn't expect a big move but maybe for Avery Williamson from the Jets? he's a FA after the season so he may not cost much. I believe the Steelers had interest in signing him as a free agent in 2018.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Fire the conditioning coach.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Spillane looked fine in a blowout where he wasn't tasked with doing anything. I shudder to think what would happen against the Chiefs or the Ravens if the UDFA ILB with hardly any experienced was tasked with shutting down Kelce, Andrews, or pick a RB over the middle for the entire game.

Without Bush in the middle, this will be a more "package" defense with a run package, a pass package, a TE package, etc. I expect Allen, Spillane, UG3, and Sutton to all see a ton more snaps. There is a reason that Bush and Edmunds play every single defensive snap. They allow the splashier players to do what they do. You can have Tuitt and Heyward crash gaps if you know that Bush is sitting behind them able to clean-up anything that gets through. It gets more complicated and complex past that.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Spillane looked fine in a blowout where he wasn't tasked with doing anything. I shudder to think what would happen against the Chiefs or the Ravens if the UDFA ILB with hardly any experienced was tasked with shutting down Kelce, Andrews, or pick a RB over the middle for the entire game.

Without Bush in the middle, this will be a more "package" defense with a run package, a pass package, a TE package, etc. I expect Allen, Spillane, UG3, and Sutton to all see a ton more snaps. There is a reason that Bush and Edmunds play every single defensive snap. They allow the splashier players to do what they do. You can have Tuitt and Heyward crash gaps if you know that Bush is sitting behind them able to clean-up anything that gets through. It gets more complicated and complex past that.
    Yup all true . Hopefully they can get a plan together

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

I hope and I don't think it's gonna be a disaster like in 2017 when they lost Shazier

Still a big loss and some adjustments to be made, but the great teams are able to overcome the injuries .... We will see how the steelers will react to this unfortunate injury.

Call up Burfict!! Lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It is going to really interesting to see how the team handles this. Everyone with eyes could see that this was the shallowest position on the entire roster. And to be totally fair to the team it isn't like any NFL team is just loaded with sideline to sideline 4 down MLBs. I really hope the plan isn't to just run Spillane out there and hope for the best. I acknowledge that I don't know a great deal about Spillane, but I suspect he isn't the guy to do all the same stuff that Bush does.

I am curious to see what Tomlin/Butler/Austin come up with. They are going to have to patch something with duct tape out of a combination of Spillane/UG3/Allen/Davis/Edmunds/Sutton all taking a portion of what Bush does. All that while NOT having the personnel you put on the field be an obvious cue to the offense about what play to run.

It will not be an easy transition.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

They’re going to have to find a decent replacement (no Sean Spence type choice) yeah, this loss can be exploited by Baltimore and KC

Member Array title="Trellaine is an unknown quantity at this point">

Damn. I hope we have someone to step up for the rest of the season. Long way to go. And a tough 3 game stretch now.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Bad loss, dammit, our defense was completely dominant today and we were looking good to stop the Titans running game next week. Now I am not so sure. I still think we can go 3-2 over the next 5 games worst case I think we have a clear path to the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Marcus Allen is coming back. Spillane played well. UGIII hasn't been getting many snaps but played well last we saw. And we have Jayrone Elliott. I hate to lose Bush but this is not panic time.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Marcus Allen is coming back. Spillane played well. UGIII hasn't been getting many snaps but played well last we saw. And we have Jayrone Elliott. I hate to lose Bush but this is not panic time.
    Jayone plays OLB.

They will likely go by committee and see how that goes. Trade deadline is Nov 3 if they do decide to go that route.

The Free Agent list is not awe inspiring.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Jayone plays OLB.

They will likely go by committee and see how that goes. Trade deadline is Nov 3 if they do decide to go that route.

The Free Agent list is not awe inspiring.
    Cardinals are declining the 5th year option on Reddick. Maybe a mid to late round pick in trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Not a single player on that list has played a meaningful NFL snap at MLB.

http://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?...DraftYear=2018

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player...en?position=DB

https://nflcombineresults.com/player...ilbert&i=27668

These are not the athletic profiles of guys that are just going to step in and be fine.

I'm not saying it's not going to work out but your options are a ST player, a converted SS, and a guy who can't seem to get a hat on gamedays.

I expect a trade for a ILB soon for the steelers.Maybe not this week but before the the deadline

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I expect a trade for a ILB soon for the steelers.Maybe not this week but before the the deadline
    Agreed. They'll see how the in house options look. Big opportunity for someone like UG3.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Who are you going to trade for? No real cap room to take on vet salary. And take a look at the ILB depth charts across the league. The cupboard is pretty bare lots of places. I guess you could see if WFT wants to part with Jon Bostic? But where does that get you?

Maybe bring in a guy like Deone Buchannon or some other vet FA and see if they have anything left?

Honestly, the best hope is that a combo platter of UG3/Allen/Sean Davis gets it done. Derrick Henry has to be pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Who are you going to trade for? No real cap room to take on vet salary. And take a look at the ILB depth charts across the league. The cupboard is pretty bare lots of places. I guess you could see if WFT wants to part with Jon Bostic? But where does that get you?

Maybe bring in a guy like Deone Buchannon or some other vet FA and see if they have anything left?

Honestly, the best hope is that a combo platter of UG3/Allen/Sean Davis gets it done. Derrick Henry has to be pretty excited.
    maybe for a rental like Avery Williamson for the tanking New York Jets!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I hope when he comes back that he hasn’t lost his speed. Without speed he’s pedestrian.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

On the bright side, I can think of at least 5 defenders that would have hurt the team much more if they’d been injured.