Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameballs and Goats

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Gameballs and Goats

Gotta give gameballs to everyone today. Everything was clicking on all cylinders. They really put a complete game together today and they're looking like legitimate contenders.

No goats today, but I really hope Devin Bush's injury isn't serious.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Gameballs and Goats

Game ball: Mike Tomlin, the team was ready to play in all phases

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Our defense...So dominant!..3rd down defense was amazing too...Great adjustement by Tomlin,Butler,etc after the last week.

In offense, it was a classic CowherBall in the second half!

It was great to see.

- - - Updated - - -

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Balls:

Defense with an emphasis on Watt and Spillane. Spillane came in and did a much better job than I thought he would.

Ben, Conner and Claypool on offense.

Goats:

Miscommunication on the Higgins TD. Danny Smith too...just because...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

No game goats today. Overall complete game by everyone involved

Game ball: Everyone gets a game ball. Special highlights though for James Connor who got over 100 yards and was dominant, Robert Spillane who did admirably in emergency duty, Mapletron who I am starting to have a hard time figuring out how he slipped to round 2, defense overall which made multiple plays and had some nice 4th down stops, the pass rush which did it's job, and Minkah Fitzpatrick who helped set a tone with a defensive TD. Also got to credit the o-line which dominated. The O-line has greatly improved from last year to this year thus far, and you can't tell me that the o-line's performance doesn't have anything to do with the dip in offensive production in 2019 and improvement in 2020. Special thanks to Chuks for overall containing Head Basher

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Great complete football game. Gameballs for everyone!

Special mention to the offensive line. They mauled that defensive front and protected Ben pretty well with multiple backups and Pouncey banged up. Dotson is fantastic!

The defensive front seven was dominant today, and the defense in general was terrific.

Great win

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

It looked like the Browns lined up Garrett most of today over the Steelers young RT. Okorafor did great today, as did Dotson. Like someone else said above, I don't know how Claypool slid to middle of 2nd round, nor how Dotson was a 4th round pick.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Game balls for all!! Watching these other games...the eagles and the texans choked so they are the goats lol those games could have been huge if both of them had won

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah, they really stepped up for Garnett in a big way. Especially that Heisman winning QB and all the high priced receivers he has to throw to.

Gameballs
    Claypool. This kid is exciting to watch. He is making plays happen and seem to have a nose for the endzone. And, we have to remember he's doing this without the benefit of OTAs or preseason.

Spillane. Came in and played tough in place of Bush. The hard part's coming, but enjoy the day.

O-Line. Dotson and Okie did well, but that entire line played well.

Connor Great running today. He was running mad and put a couple of nice stiff-arms on players that sent them to the ground. Nice to see Snell have a productive day as well. I think I said it last week, but this running back group is quietly becoming a very good group. They do not get stopped behind the LOS unless they're being gang-tackled.

Defense—every single player. Even the bench-warmers warmed the bench better than I've seen all season.

Coaching In all phases, that was a very well-coached game. Holes seemed to be fixed quickly. Great job all the way around. Even on special teams. Coverage was a lot better and we seem close to breaking one on almost every other return.

GOATS
    Bush's ACL Come on! You can't hold up for the kid? He's playing his heart out and you give up like that five games into the season? At least the surgery means you're getting cut and replaced!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Game balls - Everyone.

Goats - Bush's ACL.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Dupree needs a gameball for this one. He was all over the place just wreaking havoc.

I think the effort and consistency you see in backside pursuit and chasing down pass catchers from Watt and Dupree separates them from guys like Garrett who are amazing pass rushers but seem to have little interest in doing other football things.

I fully realize that Dupree gets a performance bump from playing on such a talent rich defense, but so do the other guys as well. Sad that the cap issues just means he will have to leave. I haven't had this much fun watching Steelers OLB duo since Greene and Lloyd. Don't get me wrong, there have been other really good sets of OLBs for the Steelers. But for whatever the reason I always enjoyed Greene and Lloyd the most. Watt and Dupree are quickly eclipsing that duo for me. I think it is because they just get off the LOS so quick. It makes me laugh out loud sometimes.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Dupree needs a gameball for this one. He was all over the place just wreaking havoc.

I think the effort and consistency you see in backside pursuit and chasing down pass catchers from Watt and Dupree separates them from guys like Garrett who are amazing pass rushers but seem to have little interest in doing other football things.

I fully realize that Dupree gets a performance bump from playing on such a talent rich defense, but so do the other guys as well. Sad that the cap issues just means he will have to leave. I haven't had this much fun watching Steelers OLB duo since Greene and Lloyd. Don't get me wrong, there have been other really good sets of OLBs for the Steelers. But for whatever the reason I always enjoyed Greene and Lloyd the most. Watt and Dupree are quickly eclipsing that duo for me. I think it is because they just get off the LOS so quick. It makes me laugh out loud sometimes.

I thought Dupree had an awesome game. He seems to keep getting better and better.

Does this mean he's not a lazy bum and a bust like so many who couldn't wait to tell you that after every Steelers game for four years?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I thought Dupree had an awesome game. He seems to keep getting better and better.

Does this mean he's not a lazy bum and a bust like so many who couldn't wait to tell you that after every Steelers game for four years?
    Notice how that crowd doesn't come around much anymore? Some people only enjoy being unhappy!

Notice how that crowd doesn't come around much anymore? Some people only enjoy being unhappy!

They only come out of the woodwork when they think things are going badly.

So far.....Crickets!

Better player

Current Dupree or Lamarr Woodley in his good years?

Better player

I'll weasel out of an actual answer and go with Woodley being a better pass rusher and Dupree a better all around LB.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Better player

Dupree imo, he's a better all around player. Better in coverage, stronger against the run, and just a better athlete. Woodley was probably stronger but that's about it.

I'll weasel out of an actual answer and go with Woodley being a better pass rusher and Dupree a better all around LB.
    Different sides. Woodley-LOLB......Harrison-ROLB

Just saying.

Dupree...mostly ROLB different times call for different players.

Woodley was a beast....at his best.

As a QB, I think I would be more in fear of Woodley and Harrison than TJ and Dupree, maybe not founded but....fear is fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    As a QB, I think I would be more in fear of Woodley and Harrison than TJ and Dupree, maybe not founded but....fear is fear.
    rules were different then, when woodley played, you could still pretty much kill the QB and it's not a flag. Dupree plays by today's rules and because of that, you won't see those highlight de-cleating / bodyslamming a QB headfirst into the turf that you used to see before

with that said, yeah probably getting hit by woodley was worse, dude's arms looked like tree trunks

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Different sides. Woodley-LOLB......Harrison-ROLB

Just saying.

Dupree...mostly ROLB different times call for different players.

Woodley was a beast....at his best.

For sure fear Woodley and Harrison before the rule changes of driving a QB into the turf

But imagine TJ and Dupree in that time... my goodness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    rules were different then, when woodley played, you could still pretty much kill the QB and it's not a flag. Dupree plays by today's rules and because of that, you won't see those highlight de-cleating / bodyslamming a QB headfirst into the turf that you used to see before

with that said, yeah probably getting hit by woodley was worse, dude's arms looked like tree trunks
    ....and I did say different times call for different players. I love what we have now, and I always hate losing good players.....WRs and LBs are what the Steelers are known for.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Imo, you could make an argument that Watt and Dupree are both worthy of DPOY at this point in the season. They're absolute nightmares for opposing QBs. It's definitely a fun site to see.

getting hit by harrison was probably the worst, he didn't just hit people he freakin executed them lol