Thread: Chiefs Sign Free Agent RB Le'Veon Bell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Chiefs Sign Free Agent RB Le'Veon Bell

The Kansas City Chiefs added some potential punch to their running game Thursday as veteran back Le'Veon Bell told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler he intends to sign with the defending Super Bowl champions.

Bell, who was released by the New York Jets earlier this week, will sign a one-year contract, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

He had narrowed his choices to the Chiefs, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills, Fowler reported earlier Thursday.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...as-city-chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Chiefs Sign Free Agent RB Le'Veon Bell

I bet money he finishes the season as the 2nd string guy

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If he retains any of his prior skills he will be absolutely lethal in that offense.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If he retains any of his prior skills he will be absolutely lethal in that offense.
    100% CEH actually reminds me a lot Bell. They have very similar running styles. Of course Bell is a lot bigger, but their patience and ability to catch passes are very similar. Bell will fit in very well with that offense. I also have him on my fantasy team, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in a Chiefs uniform.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Good news is the hottakes about how the Steelers should sign Bell even though he has regressed, is unreliable, and the way he left Pittsburgh will be put on hold until Bell is let go by the team

Bad news, here come the hottakes about how the Steelers should have signed Bell even though he has regressed is unreliable, and the way he left Pittsburgh, even if Connor can stay healthy or the offense continues to do well and even if Bell underperforms for KC.

At least he apparently has enough brain cells to learn he needs a loaded supported cast to succeed in the NFL, so he has that going for him.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

This'll be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Thursday night football:

Hill scored a few minutes ago.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

So I suppose the Chiefs’ chances at any more success have been destroyed because Lev Bell will take an Ak47 to that entire locker room the second he gets there. Oh the bloodshed and drama he’ll bring!

Doesn’t Andy Reid look at Steelers boards before making such a suicidal decision???

Or maybe, just maybe will Bell do nothing but make that team just a wee bit better than they were before?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I hope they sign AB too.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I hope they sign AB too.
    To quote Santonio "Wake & Bake" Holmes, "That's how you be great!"

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

If Reid can control him they will be a lock to win again.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Be interesting to see how much Bell has left both mentally and physically.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Let's put it this way:

Chiefs don't need Le'Veon, they just believe he can add something he wants. Le'Veon though DESPERATELY needs the Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Guys that were written off as busts and marginal NFL players that immediately got better after being freed from Adam Gase:
    Jarvis Landry
    Ryan Tannehill
    Davontae Parker
    Robby Anderson
    Jamal Adams
    Kenyan Drake (although he has regressed in 2020)
    Mike Gieseki

That is just off the top of my head. L. Bell was a far far better NFL player when we last saw him away from Gase than any of the guys on that list. Assuming that Bell is able to assimilate the playbook quickly, I think he is going to make an instant impact for the Chiefs. Further, Gase has a history of misusing and under developing RBs (Drake, Ajayi, and now Bell) not named Frank Gore.

It is entirely possible that Bell's skills have atrophied and father time has come for another high usage rate NFL RB at a relatively young age. But, until I see 2-3 games of Bell looking useless in a Chiefs uniform, I'm betting on Adam Gase just being a useless idiot.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s not signing in KC to be a back up to CEH. He will be the starter. This is Andy Reid’s MO. This is the exact same thing he’s done with McCoy and McCoy started until he got banged a up and then Williams took over. He won’t get all the touches. I’d be willing to guess that CEH gets 10-12 and Bell gets 12-16.

Bell was far from an AB type locker room cancer and as a matter of fact, both his Steelers teammates and Jets teammates have both said what a good teammate he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Guys that were written off as busts and marginal NFL players that immediately got better after being freed from Adam Gase:
    Jarvis Landry
    Ryan Tannehill
    Davontae Parker
    Robby Anderson
    Jamal Adams
    Kenyan Drake (although he has regressed in 2020)
    Mike Gieseki

That is just off the top of my head. L. Bell was a far far better NFL player when we last saw him away from Gase than any of the guys on that list. Assuming that Bell is able to assimilate the playbook quickly, I think he is going to make an instant impact for the Chiefs. Further, Gase has a history of misusing and under developing RBs (Drake, Ajayi, and now Bell) not named Frank Gore.

It is entirely possible that Bell's skills have atrophied and father time has come for another high usage rate NFL RB at a relatively young age. But, until I see 2-3 games of Bell looking useless in a Chiefs uniform, I'm betting on Adam Gase just being a useless idiot.

I'm with you. Adam Gase is a horrible NFL coach that is stealing millions of dollars based on a great situation early in his career when an all-time talent made him look like a savant. In reality, he is a coaching black hole where talented players disappear and become invisible at his event horizon.