Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brahns Week

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Brahns Week

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I don’t think all defenses come in with as many and as hard and as fast as the Steelers do. I mean this team is up field in an instant at times. That can’t be said for all defenses. Most teams have a second level to get through. The Steelers just have a monster first level of speed and havoc...lol.
    That’s all fair. But Hilton whiffed a tackle at the LOS and there there were two uncalled holds on our defenders.

Not saying your issue isn’t a potential problem, but there’s not much a defense can do if the offense is simply getting away with holds on two guys trying to make the tackle.

But yeah, if they run against us on a passing down and our guy with a shot at the ball carrior whiffs, they are probably going to get some yards.

The steelers have had at least one sack in their last 61 games I think .... I wouldn't be surprised if the streak ends against the Browns .... The Browns have a great o-line, possibly the best in the NFL right now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    That’s all fair. But Hilton whiffed a tackle at the LOS and there there were two uncalled holds on our defenders.

Not saying your issue isn’t a potential problem, but there’s not much a defense can do if the offense is simply getting away with holds on two guys trying to make the tackle.

But yeah, if they run against us on a passing down and our guy with a shot at the ball carrior whiffs, they are probably going to get some yards.
    I don’t think its a major problem...just something to maybe watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The steelers have had at least one sack in their last 61 games I think .... I wouldn't be surprised if the streak ends against the Browns .... The Browns have a great o-line, possibly the best in the NFL right now

I think it's pretty simple. If the Steelers can control the Browns running game, they will be forced to throw the ball, and the sacks will come.

If they can't stop the run, the Browns continue to hand off and go with play action. That would keep Mayfield clean, and the Steelers offense on the sideline. That would not be a good scenario for the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Even with the injuries the steeler's OL is better than the Brown's OL. The bigger thing is the Steeler's DL is better than the Brown's OL more plays than not.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Steelers 32-17

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Bad teams are weekly scoring 25-30 points. Steelers likely have to go over 38 to win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Bad teams are weekly scoring 25-30 points. Steelers likely have to go over 38 to win this one.
    No...The steelers defense just need to be much better in 3rd down and the offense will not have to score 38 points or more to win this game.

Not the first time I've heard this in the last few years that steelers need to score 30 points or more to have a chance to win after a bad game in our defense(at least since 2015) but I'm confident they'll be better soon, especially if they remain solid in the first or second down.

For the NFL, it will calm down soon, remember in 2018 there was a 54-51 game in the middle of the season and many had overreact by thinking that it was going to become the mode but in the super bowl in that same year with the same winner in the 54-51 game, the final score was 13-3...

Against the Browns, of course I wouldn't be surprised if they have by far their best defense game of the season or their worst game .... we'll see.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

No...The steelers defense just need to be much better in 3rd down and the offense will not have to score 38 points or more to win this game.

Not the first time I've heard this in the last few years that steelers need to score 30 points or more to have a chance to win after a bad game in our defense(at least since 2015) but I'm confident they'll be better soon, especially if they remain solid in the first or second down.

For the NFL, it will calm down soon, remember in 2018 there was a 54-51 game in the middle of the season and many had overreact by thinking that it was going to become the mode but in the super bowl in that same year with the same winner in the 54-51 game, the final score was 13-3...

Against the Browns, of course I wouldn't be surprised if they have by far their best defense game of the season or their worst game .... we'll see.
    That's all totally true. But this is basically Week 1 of a normal season. Defense always takes time to come together. Until that happens, the best plan is to run up the score. Offense will have to carry the day for 3-4 more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That's all totally true. But this is basically Week 1 of a normal season. Defense always takes time to come together. Until that happens, the best plan is to run up the score. Offense will have to carry the day for 3-4 more weeks.
    Probably ... I also hope that when it's second down and 15-20 yards or more, the steelers will stop to run the ball, it's so frustrating!

The steelers did a great job so far this year against the TE....Only 100 yards combined after 4 games according to this!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

"No low hanging fruit"

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Pretty much the story right there. The Browns IMO don't do well when they don't win the line of scrimmage and can't run the ball. Mayfield isn't the type of QB that can put a team on his back. He's decent but not great, and you need to be great to carry a team.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I was watching one of the “talking head” recaps, and they all blamed Baker for the lopsided loss/victory. Nothing about how well the Steelers played.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

im still waiting for pittsburgh dad's review, cracks me up how he says 'da brahns'

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Mayfield isn't the type of QB that can put a team on his back. He's decent but not great, and you need to be great to carry a team.
    I agree with you. Mayfield's INT to Minkah was a case of him staring down the WR, while the one by Sutton was throwing into a crowd, off his back foot, late in the play. Both of those are not actions of a 3rd year franchise QB, they are rookie mistakes.

Couple his bad decision making with the fact that he has receivers in Beckham, Landry and Hooper that account for $32 million against the cap in 2020 and you cant say he has nobody to throw to. Cant complain about his line either, with Conklin, Tretter, Wills, Hubbard, Bitonio...the Browns are paying $36million this year to protect him. Mayfield just isnt that good.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I agree Baker hasn't panned into anything resembling a franchise QB. I also think OBJ may be THE most over-rated WR in the NFL. What exactly has he done with any consistency over his career other than throw tantrums on the sideline? Add in the Chubb injury and how the Steelers defense is playing, this should have been a blowout. And it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I agree Baker hasn't panned into anything resembling a franchise QB. I also think OBJ may be THE most over-rated WR in the NFL. What exactly has he done with any consistency over his career other than throw tantrums on the sideline? Add in the Chubb injury and how the Steelers defense is playing, this should have been a blowout. And it was.
    I remember when I said before the 2019 season that OBJ was going to become a bigger problem for the Browns than the steelers!

I was right on that!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I remember when I said before the 2019 season that OBJ was going to become a bigger problem for the Browns than the steelers!

I was right on that!
    Good call!

I remember in 2018 before the draft when I said Baker Mayfield reminded me more of Bruce Gradkowski, than Drew Brees. So far I should apologize to Gradkowski, as I dont think he ever threw a pick 6 to a safety on a simple slant.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Good call!

I remember in 2018 before the draft when I said Baker Mayfield reminded me more of Bruce Gradkowski, than Drew Brees. So far I should apologize to Gradkowski, as I dont think he ever threw a pick 6 to a safety on a simple slant.

But he did it with swagger!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    But he did it with swagger!
    So true. Must have woke up feeling dangerous.

Maybe his 68% college completion stats helped him be so accurate when throwing the INT to Minkah. He is so accurate.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Problem with Baker he caves quick even with a little pressure.

Maybe his 68% college completion stats helped him be so accurate when throwing the INT to Minkah. He is so accurate.

It's crazy that the Browns never beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh when the Steelers had an HOF QB .... The Browns lost 16 games in a row in Pittsburgh between 1970 to 1985 .... Now this is 17 in a row since 2004!

"Feeling dangerous"

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

It's crazy that the Browns never beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh when the Steelers had an HOF QB .... The Browns lost 16 games in a row in Pittsburgh between 1970 to 1985 .... Now this is 17 in a row since 2004!
    Is that true? The Browns never beat Bradshaw in Pittsburgh?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Is that true? The Browns never beat Bradshaw in Pittsburgh?
    Yes. Bradshaw was talking about it with Cowturd. Almost laughing at the Stains for even thinking they had a shot last week.