https://steelersdepot.com/2020/10/fi...e-its-stripes/

I just love absolutely everything about the Ray Ray running play. Even if it had not resulted in a big gain, I would love it. You take a tendency that everyone knows you have on film and dress another play up in the same outfit. Then 3 steps into it, you go the other way. Very few NFL defenses are going to not bite on that. So the "misdirection" version has a chance of being highly effective. But say it isn't because teams are watching for it...it should also loosen things up on one of the Steelers bread and butter running plays as teams have to wait a beat to make sure it isn't this new backside thing.

I am sure that folks better at breaking things down than me can explain it all clearer but, for me, this is the base element of all that Shanahan stuff that makes people so excited. The Niners only appear to run like 4 plays. I'm sure it is more than that, but they all look the same. Defenses are not sure which one they are running and next thing you know, a gap opens up and a RB or WR just wanders down the field for an explosive play...