Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First 4-0 start since 1979!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: First 4-0 start since 1979!

1979 was a good year in sports. We are family!
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: First 4-0 start since 1979!

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    True, maybe this 2020 mood has everybody backwards, or maybe the lack of a preseason gave many a void where they could cheer for their favorite "preseason heroes". You know the story, Kevin Fogg will be the next Mel Blount, or "that Dante Brown kid at RB is gonna be a stud" kind of crazy optimism that it seems Steeler fans have currently.

4-0 is fantastic, because nobody asks how or who you beat, but I have a feeling that the first game the Steelers lose, this board is gonna be full of knee jerk reactions. Just to keep it in perspective, Cleveland has more wins than all 4 teams the Steelers have played so far this season and I dont think a lot of fans really have bothered to keep that in mind.
    Yeah, we’ll be pissed when we lose. But most people around here tend to criticize the appropriate things in victory or defeat and praise the appropriate things.

This season we’ve had issues on third down, and that’s been troubling. But there is a lot to be excited about.

Ben is looking good. Our defense has pretty much the same players as last year and they came together pretty well against good teams.

All teams in the AFC seem beatable. I think it’s fine to be encouraged by this team, especially since now we can take a couple of frustrating losses and still make the playoffs.