Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 4-0 start since 1979!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

First 4-0 start since 1979!

Are you Happy?!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: First 4-0 start since 1979!

Yes. Very.

#1 in the AFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

No. Dong win!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Are you Happy?!
    Yep.

But I can think of one or two crybabies who will still probably shit all over this thread because they're not winning 60-0 every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    No. Dong win!
    Exactly.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Now if the season ends the same way...

If our defense would be good as they are in the first and second down, they will be in good shape, but they need to much better...The eagles were 9-11 in 3rd down at one point

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Now if the season ends the same way...
    With so many games getting postponed at this point, I'm hoping they can actually get to the end of the season.

Hard to believe they haven't been 4-0 to start a season since '79, though. Not even in Ben's rookie season when they went 15-1 or the 2008 season? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    With so many games getting postponed at this point, I'm hoping they can actually get to the end of the season.

Hard to believe they haven't been 4-0 to start a season since '79, though. Not even in Ben's rookie season when they went 15-1 or the 2008 season? Wow.
    Cowher had only one 3-0 start in his career and it was in his rookie year in 1992!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Cowher and Tomlin usually start 2-2. Hell, Tomlin hit 3-1 and came very close to 4-0 WITHOUT Ben in 2010

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It's nice to see for once the offense come out firing early in the season. Even with Ben, I was used to watching the offense struggle until game 5 or so

Member Array title="SteelerCountry58 has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerCountry58's Avatar

It’s nice and all but not convinced they can hang with the bigger boys yet.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Reminds me of 2017, barely beating inferior teams every single week. Their record at least buys them time to improve things

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Hell, Tomlin hit 3-1 and came very close to 4-0 WITHOUT Ben in 2010
    Yeah, I remember that - they started 3-0 and lost their 4th game on a last-minute TD pass by Moonball Joe, IIRC.

Like I said...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    It’s nice and all but not convinced they can hang with the bigger boys yet.
    Chiefs looked very mortal at home against the Raiders today...

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Reminds me of 2017, barely beating inferior teams every single week. Their record at least buys them time to improve things
    I take the 13-3 record everytime...Just need to be better in the playoffs too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I remember that - they started 3-0 and lost their 4th game on a last-minute TD pass by Moonball Joe, IIRC.
    They also won a game(vs titans) with only 21 passing yards on offense!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Chiefs looked very mortal at home against the Raiders today...
    And they looked unstoppable a week or 2 ago.

And you wanna see a real shitshow of a pass defense? Check out the Rainy City Bitch Pigeons. They're just lucky Wilson is on fire and throwing 4-5 TDs a week, because they've needed every one of them. At least the Steelers have a rush that can get to the QB once in a while.

And they looked unstoppable a week or 2 ago.

And you wanna see a real shitshow of a pass defense? Check out the Rainy City Bitch Pigeons.
    The chiefs have not been impressive in 3 of their games this year(today,vs the 1-3 chargers and the pats minus Cam Newton)

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Yep.

But I can think of one or two crybabies who will still probably shit all over this thread because they're not winning 60-0 every week.

AMEN! Reading some of these threads, I’d swear we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    AMEN! Reading some of these threads, I’d swear we lost.
    This was actually one of the more frustrating games to watch that I can remember in a long long time...

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Screw that. In years past this team would have been 2 - 2 with this schedule. They're not thought, they're 4-0. I'll happily take it.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    But every team is inferior to the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Steelers opponents are a combined 3-15-1 so far this year. Might want to hold off on planning the parade route for a few more weeks, just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Steelers opponents are a combined 3-15-1 so far this year. Might want to hold off on planning the parade route for a few more weeks, just to be safe.
    in the past years, that'd usually mean we start off 1-3 or 2-2 I'm happy with it

Funny, but I haven't seen "Super Bowl" mentioned in this thread yet. Actually, quite the contrary. And 41 years is kind of a long time.

Besides, it's kinda refreshing to get through an entire quarter of the season without one knee-jerk "Fire (fill in the blank)!" thread yet, no?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Funny, but I haven't seen "Super Bowl" mentioned in this thread yet. Actually, quite the contrary. And 41 years is kind of a long time.

Besides, it's kinda refreshing to get through an entire quarter of the season without one knee-jerk "Fire (fill in the blank)!" thread yet, no?
    True, maybe this 2020 mood has everybody backwards, or maybe the lack of a preseason gave many a void where they could cheer for their favorite "preseason heroes". You know the story, Kevin Fogg will be the next Mel Blount, or "that Dante Brown kid at RB is gonna be a stud" kind of crazy optimism that it seems Steeler fans have currently.

4-0 is fantastic, because nobody asks how or who you beat, but I have a feeling that the first game the Steelers lose, this board is gonna be full of knee jerk reactions. Just to keep it in perspective, Cleveland has more wins than all 4 teams the Steelers have played so far this season and I dont think a lot of fans really have bothered to keep that in mind.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Let us know when we’re allowed to get excited please.