Thread: Jon Gruden tests the league’s patience on mask wearing, again

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Jon Gruden tests the league’s patience on mask wearing, again

After Week One, the NFL made it clear that coaches who fail to properly and consistently wear face coverings during games would be subject to potential “accountability measures.” After Week Two, Raiders coach Jon Gruden and four other coaches each received $100,000 fines, with their teams separately fined $250,000 each.

After Week Three, the league reiterated the requirement that coaches and other sideline personnel must wear mask coverings at all times. This time, the league specifically mentioned suspensions and/or lost draft picks as the potential “or else.” In Week Four, Gruden has once again invited an “or else” moment.

Gruden failed to consistently pull his mask up over his chin (whatever it was that he wore last week looked more like a loincloth), and now the question becomes whether the NFL will do anything about it.

read more

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...wearing-again/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Jon Gruden tests the league’s patience on mask wearing, again

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is simple. Toss him. Sidelines are filmed. Put NFL observers in the booth at the stadium or in the league offices. Then throw guys off the sidelines.

But the league will hem and haw and issue strongly worded statements and then proceed to do nothing.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

I noticed during the Patriots game that the coaches were as masked up as I've seen this season. I think the message has been sent and received. No more fooling around.
    Last edited by tom444; 10-06-2020 at 03:14 PM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s not following protocol. Fine him, take draft picks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

https://defector.com/the-nfl-will-ge...econd-earlier/

Pretty good rant about how the league is powerless and nothing will happen until the owners get scared about their $$$.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Why do they have to wear masks when none of the players are? Do they have to wear masks all week in practice as well? I'm not being anti-mask just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Why do they have to wear masks when none of the players are? Do they have to wear masks all week in practice as well? I'm not being anti-mask just curious.
    I actually don't know the policy, but based on "Hard Knocks" on HBO the answer is yes. Since the players are exerting themselves, they decided to not have them wear masks, although many were offered full plastic inserts for their helmets. Again, based on "Hard Knocks" almost all declined. In the show, coaches, players, and staff are intended to be wearing masks whenever they are not moving. But, just as with the games, there is an uneven adherence to this policy.