Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The President and First Lady Have Tested Positive for COVID 19

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

The President and First Lady Have Tested Positive for COVID 19

Not good.

Trump Tests Positive for the Coronavirus

The president’s result came after he spent months playing down the severity of the outbreak that has killed more than 207,000 in the United States and hours after insisting that “the end of the pandemic is in sight.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/u...ump-covid.html

Edited to add: That's if they're telling the truth?

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The President and First Lady Have Tested Positive for COVID 19

Somewhere in the Kremlin, Putin is crying.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Why continue to spread this bullshit? If anything Putin WANTS Biden in office they already know he can be bought. And to be honest since Trump has taken office what has happened that makes him "Putin's man"? Nothing. If anything there has been peace in the Middle East, we have withdrawn more troops, NATO countries are FINALLY paying more money for OUR protection, nothing has happened in the Ukraine or any of the former Soviet republics, North & South Korea have not been at each other's throats and Little Kim isn't firing rocket test after rocket test, generally extreme Islamic terrorism has waned to the point of almost nothing. Now go back and look at Obama's last term and tell me how all those things were?

I know you guys HATE Trump but seriously the fact that you can never give him credit for anything is sad.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Looks like a lot of people are about to get a lesson on what a 99.8%-99.9% survival rate is, and have their hopes crushed bigly. It must really suck to be a liberal.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Why continue to spread this bullshit? If anything Putin WANTS Biden in office they already know he can be bought. And to be honest since Trump has taken office what has happened that makes him "Putin's man"? Nothing. If anything there has been peace in the Middle East, we have withdrawn more troops, NATO countries are FINALLY paying more money for OUR protection, nothing has happened in the Ukraine or any of the former Soviet republics, North & South Korea have not been at each other's throats and Little Kim isn't firing rocket test after rocket test, generally extreme Islamic terrorism has waned to the point of almost nothing. Now go back and look at Obama's last term and tell me how all those things were?

I know you guys HATE Trump but seriously the fact that you can never give him credit for anything is sad.
    Bullshit?
    You need to read up on the ties to Russia Trump has via: Michael Flynn, Carter Page, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Felix Sater...just to name a few.
    Fake news...right?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Will this positive test prevent Trump from participating in the next debate?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Bullshit?
    You need to read up on the ties to Russia Trump has via: Michael Flynn, Carter Page, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Felix Sater...just to name a few.
    Fake news...right?
    You need to read up on all the Obama figures about to be indicted on charges for this garbage. Manafort was indicted on crap he did in 2010. Seriously you are still believing all these lies?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...rge/112124824/

The U.S. Justice Department this week handed over 14 new pages of documents that show misconduct by prosecutors who suppressed evidence that would have helped him, Flynn’s lawyer, Sidney Powell, said in a filing Friday with the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 10-02-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Golf is still considered socially distanced, correct? Can he still go golfing this Sunday like he normally does?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    You need to read up on all the Obama figures about to be indicted on charges for this garbage. Manafort was indicted on crap he did in 2010. Seriously you are still believing all these lies?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...rge/112124824/
    You keep bringing up Obama.
    Trump is the current president.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. No reason to wear a mask tho...but good to have one in your pocket if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol. No reason to wear a mask tho...but good to have one in your pocket if you need it.
    But.... I thought the reason for the mask was so you don't give it to someone, not to keep you from getting it???

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hoping for a full recovery

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Basically yeah, except what's the point of having one in your pocket?

Quick, tell me where all the hospitals are that are overwhelmed. Otherwise there's no point to anything besides running everything at full capacity without any masks at all. I mean, listen to the experts, right?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    But.... I thought the reason for the mask was so you don't give it to someone, not to keep you from getting it???
    It works like this below from Intermountain Health in Utah.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Thanks, I'm going to steal that.

I can't imagine why any thinking person wouldn't try to live in the very low risk, mask to mask, setting as often as possible.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If you can't reason that infographic out on your own...then c'mon. I seriously question what you are doing out of the house unsupervised without a helmet on anyways.

It is almost totally unbelievable that people without massive brain injuries are still having a hard time with this.

Now...if you say you just don't want to or don't worry about the risk level -- fine. But to pretend the information is too complicated for your little brain to understand is just simply ridiculous.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Bullshit?
    Fake news...right?
    This should be investigated thoroughly for years by biased investigators!

- - - Updated - - -

15 days to flatten the curve!
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Thanks, I'm going to steal that.

I can't imagine why any thinking person wouldn't try to live in the very low risk, mask to mask, setting as often as possible.
    Seriously, these kinds of posters are up in health networks all over the place for public education. Here is one from Oklahoma. https://tulsatech.edu/wp-content/upl...-Wear-Mask.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If you can't reason that infographic out on your own...then c'mon. I seriously question what you are doing out of the house unsupervised without a helmet on anyways.

It is almost totally unbelievable that people without massive brain injuries are still having a hard time with this.

Now...if you say you just don't want to or don't worry about the risk level -- fine. But to pretend the information is too complicated for your little brain to understand is just simply ridiculous.
    The people I think you are addressing....you just lost at the word "infographic".

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Correct but it also protects the person wearing it as well.

It’s all a scam anyway. Trump doesn’t want any more debates and he’s trying to get some of the sympathy vote. No worries...he will be fine.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I'll buy that.......but why wasn't this the narrative from the start? The narrative has always been that the mask was to keep you from giving it to others. There was never anything about the mask protecting you. The narrative seems to change with whatever narrative is needed at the time.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I'll buy that.......but why wasn't this the narrative from the start? The narrative has always been that the mask was to keep you from giving it to others. There was never anything about the mask protecting you. The narrative seems to change with whatever narrative is needed at the time.
    That's simply not true. A basic Google search can demonstrate that.

What was made was appeals to people's concern for others even if they weren't worried about themselves.

Wear a mask, everyone!

See you Space Cowboy ...

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Why? Putin wants Biden at the POTUS, as does China.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Basically yeah, except what's the point of having one in your pocket?

Quick, tell me where all the hospitals are that are overwhelmed. Otherwise there's no point to anything besides running everything at full capacity without any masks at all. I mean, listen to the experts, right?
    If Biden wins the shutdown will end and the COVID "deaths" will magically disappear.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit?
    Fake news...right?
    Wait, you still believe the Russia hoax? Haha
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It’s all a scam anyway. Trump doesn’t want any more debates and he’s trying to get some of the sympathy vote. No worries...he will be fine.
    Yeah, as if Biden wasn't a total trainwreck during the debate.

Honestly, because a lot of people hear what they want to hear and a lot of social media algorithm's push stories the way of how people browse, so it appeals to them. So when politicians on the right went anti mask and those on the left went pro mask, a lot of people that were polarized were reading what they want to hear, whether its reliable info or not.

I wasnt posting warnings about Hydroxychloroquine based upon my beliefs, it was based upon the scientific evidence and credibility, or lack of for the studies that were out there.

Just like now, a mask isnt political to me, nor should it be to anybody. Its just a common sense way to reduce risk, with no downside. Measurements with a pulse oxymeter show that there is no change in a persons blood oxygen levels with a mask, compared to without a mask. So the notion that it hampers breathing is not true.

Stay safe out there and best of luck with things.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad that somebody has demonstrated the lack of trust to the point that we believe he is possibly faking infection of a virus that has killed 1 million people globally. But, it is what it is.

That urinating chart is a good one too. Saw that a couple months back.

I guess I should be fair and balanced and acknowledge that mask recommendation was initially unclear as no was certain of the transmission mode of a new virus.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yeah, as if Biden wasn't a total trainwreck during the debate.
    Much less of a train wreck...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I guess I should be fair and balanced and acknowledge that mask recommendation was initially unclear as no was certain of the transmission mode of a new virus.
    Honestly, there has never been randomized trials of mask, vs no mask in a case of a virus with a R0 of 2 or higher, mostly because it would never pass ethics review, but also who would sign up for one that could give them a potentially harmful virus. So all people can do is go on retrospective data that is happening like this.

But there are so many variables in terms of whether somebody knows how to properly handle one, how much hand washing they do, face touching, touching of other surfaces and mask, time spent indoors vs outdoors, etc.

So, initially there was no level 1 evidence to say masks should be used. Then it became anecdotal and common sense, with no downside. Like, nobody ever complains to their surgeon who is about to operate on their knee, hip, gall bladder, hernia, etc about him wearing a mask and that he/she are sheep and slaves to the government. Its a best practice to reduce the risk of infection.