Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Titans-Steelers game this week is being rescheduled for later this season

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Titans-Steelers game this week is being rescheduled for later this season

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Isn’t that what the extended PS was for? Instances like this, to supplement the rosters? If not, then why the extended PS?
    My new understanding is that it is days in a row without a positive test.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I don't think it's any coincidence that the NFL is also saddled with the most incompetent commissioner in professional sports...
    Possible even if the NFL have competition with the baseball!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

This.
    Thanks! This pic is such a classic and so appropriate in many cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s not easy to shorten the season because there are division games that could affect playoff seeding and division titles. It would be a total joke if a team doesn’t have a legit chance to win their division at the end of the season because one team played more division games. In Pittsburgh’s case they would miss out on a Browns, Bengals and Colts game...that’s three games that could play to a division title and conference seeding.

As for extending the season, it would work if this is the only incident because there’s one week to play with between the season and Super Bowl. But if you are moving the Super Bowl, that’s logistically a little harder.

What should’ve happened is the teams play 13-14 games. 2 division games and the remaining conference games. Anything that was missed could be put at the end of the season and not effected the playoffs.
    I dont give a rats ass of what is easy or not. Muti billion dollar industry should be able to achieve what isnt easy, otherwise everybody would be doing it.

Not meant to be an attack on you at all. I just really dont want to hear what is easy in managing a multi billion dollar league of full contact sports in the middle of a global pandemic. Easy doesnt exist, so either make progress or give the job to somebody who will make progress. The time for looking at the easy way out was so 12 months ago.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I dont give a rats ass of what is easy or not. Muti billion dollar industry should be able to achieve what isnt easy, otherwise everybody would be doing it.

Not meant to be an attack on you at all. I just really dont want to hear what is easy in managing a multi billion dollar league of full contact sports in the middle of a global pandemic. Easy doesnt exist, so either make progress or give the job to somebody who will make progress. The time for looking at the easy way out was so 12 months ago.
    I’m not going to disagree it’s all shut that should’ve been put in place well before the decided the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Just being a little contrarian to my earlier post. There is one way this could work to the Steelers advantage. If we assume the Steelers are not getting a bye, and that it is likely that the season will be extended because of additional outbreaks that won't always be able to be rescheduled in season then there could be one advantage to be had. We could end up getting a bye at the end of the season for other teams to make up games. Of course we could have more games to make up as well, but you never know in this season how things will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I sigh with pride every time I see sky is falling cat show up on the forums.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Great points and I have no argument with them. My only point is that the NFL created a plan that had (seemingly?) no room for accounting for an obvious series of outcomes. This is several billion dollar industry with access to any resource or tool they could ever want - yet the continually seem to be brought up short by obvious hurdles.
    Absolutely. ESPN spent the whole day talking about how prepared the league is and what a wonderful job they are doing. So the NFL has no reason to think they have a problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

According to reports, the Titans Week 5 game could be in jeopardy.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It also sounds like they played fast and loose with the guidelines.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

So then what will the NFL do? Push it to the end of the season? So we have to lose a midseason bye week but the Bills don’t?

No matter what happens here, it feels like it won’t be fair and consistent.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I don't understand why they had to postpone the game, don't these guys get all tested regularly? Just sit the one's out who test positive. Cancelling/postponing games is going to turn (is turning) into a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    I don't understand why they had to postpone the game, don't these guys get all tested regularly? Just sit the one's out who test positive. Cancelling/postponing games is going to turn (is turning) into a mess.
    Testing does not catch everyone who is contagious right away. Multiple Titans players have tested positive almost each day this week. The current policy is that you need 48 hours of team wide negative tests to be cleared to play. The league’s hope is that this contains outbreaks to one team at a time.

In contrast, the Pats had 2 guys test positive. They’re now quarantined for 10–14 days I believe. Repeated negative tests by rest of team allowed the Patriots to utilize the extended roster tools to play in a postponed game.

Damage is done. They aren’t going to reschedule the Steelers bye week and hand them a free win.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Oh boy. As of 18 hours ago or so, they were in the clear...lol.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I don't buy that you can be contagious and test negative. Contagious means your viral load is high enough to shed virus cells via spit, mucus and such, but yet you tell me you don't have enough virus cells to test positive.

Nope

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I don't buy that you can be contagious and test negative. Contagious means your viral load is high enough to shed virus cells via spit, mucus and such, but yet you tell me you don't have enough virus cells to test positive.

Nope

Maybe I phrased it wrong. Not a virus doctor. But unless the Titans players and their medical staff are engaged in a complex hoax to get a series of early season byes, the reality still holds. A player can test negative on Day X and on Day Y can test positive for the virus. Therefore, the NFL has decided 48 hours with no positive tests. The Titans are now how many days into this without being able to hit that mark. The players that are testing positive have to be getting it from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Maybe I phrased it wrong. Not a virus doctor. But unless the Titans players and their medical staff are engaged in a complex hoax to get a series of early season byes, the reality still holds. A player can test negative on Day X and on Day Y can test positive for the virus. Therefore, the NFL has decided 48 hours with no positive tests. The Titans are now how many days into this without being able to hit that mark. The players that are testing positive have to be getting it from somewhere.
    My statement was more under directed than anything. You were correct. I don't think you are contagious until you test positive so a player could play between day x and day y without causing an outbreak. I'm sure it's an over abundance of caution

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    My statement was more under directed than anything. You were correct. I don't think you are contagious until you test positive so a player could play between day x and day y without causing an outbreak. I'm sure it's an over abundance of caution

Likely. The league and owners that came up with the policy view the players as corporate assets. And for all the $$$ they lay out for their assets, they don't want any down time. Plus if any "star players" are out, then the TV eyeballs might decrease. I certainly don't want to watch a Chiefs team not helmed by Mahomes. Or even a Steelers game piloted by Duck Hodges.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Forfeit games. Forfeit draft picks, suspend players and coaches and fines out the ying-yang. They are messing up the game...it’s rather ridiculous at this point.

Anything resulting in a forfeit win for Buffalo should also apply to the Steelers contest. Especially since this could affect the playoff seeding...if that were to occur.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Or make them play with the remaining healthy players, like the Pats did, playing without their starting QB

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Titans should have to forfeit the game against the Steelers. Sad the Steelers have to pay for the Titans irresponsibility and Roger's incompetence

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Titans should have to forfeit the game against the Steelers. Sad the Steelers have to pay for the Titans irresponsibility and Roger's incompetence
    In this whole thing, to date, they are really the only team being “punished”.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

In this whole thing, to date, they are really the only team being “punished”.
    Exactly. Tennessee should have to forfeit last week's game.