Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamar Jackson 15-28, 97 total yards, 1 TD. 1 Fumble lost.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Lamar Jackson 15-28, 97 total yards, 1 TD. 1 Fumble lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    His teammates? His coaches? Because if the Bucks coaching staff wasn't stubborn and Giannis' teammates could make open buckets...they'd still be playing.

But you have a decent enough point and I see where you are going! Jackson's "hole" is that he throws everything on a line @ 100 MPH. If he can start putting some "tocuh" and placement on his passes, he is going to be a cheat code for the NFL.

But that has been said about a # of strong armed QBs over the years. Some do it. Many do not ever learn.
    Watch this video at the Pro Bowl skills competition. This is the "hole" in Jacksons passing game.

The passing mechanics would take so much time, paper and crayons to break down. He needs a lot of work as a passer, but man can he run.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    speaking of strong armed NFL QB's, I used to get a kick out of watching Elway, some of his passes were total missiles that would knock his receivers down. sometimes he threw 5 yard passes with as much force as a downfield bomb. though there was a function to it, decreased the chances a defender could jump a crosser. he could throw touch passes if needed
    McNabb was the same way. Growing up near Philly I constantly heard Eagles fans bitching about McNabb throwing rockets into the ground (worm burners).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Watch this video at the Pro Bowl skills competition. This is the "hole" in Jacksons passing game.

The passing mechanics would take so much time, paper and crayons to break down. He needs a lot of work as a passer, but man can he run.
    LOL at that drill. I'm 52 years old and would have scored more points. The dude is NOT an NFL QB. And that was with NO pressure from anyone.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Who won this event and what was the score? That was awful. I think Cliff Stoudt or Kent Graham would have at least scored 3 points.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That was sort of what I was getting at. For me, it is about accuracy versus precision. Jackson is accurate enough. During games the ball gets to the right area with a chance for his receiver to make a play on it for the most part. He is not precise. The ball is very often not placed well or is coming to the receiver in a way that makes them have to do some weird contortion to get at it. Whatever.

I assumed, as you have pointed out, that it has something to do with mechanics and footwork. Will he correct it and improve? Only time will tell...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Who won this event and what was the score? That was awful. I think Cliff Stoudt or Kent Graham would have at least scored 3 points.
    Russell Wilson had 19
    Kirk Cousins ..18
    DeSean Watson ...9
    Jackson...............2

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Take away Jackson's Tight End Mark Andrews, and he struggles some.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Stop the run. Contain Jackson. Cover Andrews.
    The problem is who is going to cover Andrews?
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Andrews isn’t that great. Bush, Fitzpatrick Edmunds...they could all handle him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

The Ravens have two big weaknesses, imo. They don't play catchup well against good teams. In addition, they cant pressure the QB unless they blitz.

And its' not just that Jackson isn't a prolific passer, but there whole offense seems to fall apart when they have to score a bunch quickly. That includes Jackson's weaknesses, the play calling and the offenses overall effectiveness.

Still, it really depends on what team the Raven are playing. If they fall 10 points behind to most teams in the league, I don't think they will start falling apart. I think the reason the Chiefs are the Ravens Kryptonite is because they know that they cant stop the Chiefs so it they fall behind they start pressing. I believe the Steelers can potentially handle the Ravens in a similar way. We are not as consistent on offense as the Chiefs, but with a little more rust shook off, we should be able to pile on points. In addition, from what I saw, the Ravens have to blitz to get pressure, and Ben can make them pay.

I think we have a better chance of beating the Chiefs than the Ravens (although we will need to be almost perfect) . However, I think the Ravens will still win the division. We will always struggle with weaker teams and probably lose a game or two we shouldn't. The Ravens will likely keep steam rolling the weaker teams on their schedule.

We prob

The issue is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Maybe Fitzpatrick. Of maybe someone chip Andrews at the line of scrimmage, throwing off the timing. Andrews is a good solid player, but he's not elite. Take away Andrews and Jackson has issues moving the I too a look at the games the Ravens lost, and in all of them Andrew didn't have much production. There is a definite correlation.

Jackson has a set of wheel on him for sure, but his playing style is not sustainable. He's a slim type of guy listed at 212 pounds ( More like 205 if you ask me ), Jackson is not exactly Cam Newton who's 6'5 250 pounds

Senior Member Array title="slippy will become famous soon enough"> slippy's Avatar

I've been waiting for a leg injury to Lamar Jackson, and he missed two days of practice this week with a knee.

A pinch slower and he may start taking a few big hits on those scrambles. That's when he becomes RG3. So far no one has been able to lay a glove on him.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Andrews isn’t that great. Bush, Fitzpatrick Edmunds...they could all handle him.
    Respectfully disagree.
    Andrews isn’t that great, but he’s very good. Good hands and a tough one on one matchup especially for Bush.
    I’d rather have a safety on him. Bush isn’t tall enough to contain Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Respectfully disagree.
    Andrews isn’t that great, but he’s very good. Good hands and a tough one on one matchup especially for Bush.
    I’d rather have a safety on him. Bush isn’t tall enough to contain Andrews.
    I agree on Bush who's turning into a disappointment in coverage. Bush is no Shazier in coverage. But Fitz? I think he could do the job.