Thread: Falcons choked so bad 2x in a row it deserves it's own thread

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Falcons choked so bad 2x in a row it deserves it's own thread

15 point lead in the closing minutes against the Cowboys they blow it as everyone on their onside kick team stands around. I was getting ready to laugh at the Cowgirls for starting 0-2 after being considered "Super Bowl contenders" by the media all offseason

Then 16 point lead at home against the Bears and you blow it after Nick Foles comes off the bench to lead a comeback

If Dan Quinn is fired in the next hour it won't be soon enough, he shouldn't have made it into the locker room without being told to clear out his office. This franchise is a joke. They should do Matt Ryan and Julio Jones each a courtesy and trade them to teams in better position to compete for a Super Bowl

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Falcons choked so bad 2x in a row it deserves it's own thread

They just have no talent on the defensive side of the ball they can count on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don't think it's about talent. I think it's about confidence and a completely mental issue. I've seen 'the YIPs' too many times.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't think it's about talent. I think it's about confidence and a completely mental issue. I've seen 'the YIPs' too many times.
    That is cetainly a big part of it. But look at their drafts https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../atl/draft.htm and their depth chart: https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/...tion-breakdown

Who is the leader of that defensive group who makes a play when they need one? Grady Jarrett? But that is a not a great list of playmakers.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That is cetainly a big part of it. But look at their drafts https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../atl/draft.htm and their depth chart: https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/...tion-breakdown

Who is the leader of that defensive group who makes a play when they need one? Grady Jarrett? But that is a not a great list of playmakers.
    I agree the Falcons lack elite talent on defense. BUT, up by double digits in the 4th shouldn't require 'elite' talent. It's mental breakdowns that are beating the Falcons right now.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Blowing that many big leads is a coaching problem. At some point you need to step up as a leader, Dan Quinn is not that. I'm convinced that Kyle Shanahan was largely responsible for the Falcons making the Super Bowl, moreso than Quinn (would make sense with Matt Ryan having a career year while the Falcons surrendered a lot of points that same year). Dan Quinn needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I agree the Falcons lack elite talent on defense. BUT, up by double digits in the 4th shouldn't require 'elite' talent. It's mental breakdowns that are beating the Falcons right now.
    Is it? I have watched very little Falcons football because they are not an interesting team in any way. But, the bits and pieces I have seen are just DBs getting smoked in coverage and QBs have clean pockets.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Falcons had a pretty long list of inactives, but that is not why they lost.
    I think they have lead, or were leading, in every game until the 4th qtr.

Napoleon Dynamite gave the Bears the spark in this last one, and Matt Ryan threw away any chance of saving a win late with a horrible int.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I had a chance to listen to the NFL network today on Sirius XM while working, and some Falcons fans are blaming Matt Ryan for these losses. I can only think these particular fans have no clue about football whatsoever......and I wonder if they even pay attention to defense, which is where 95% of the Falcons problems lie. They are beyond atrocious on that side of the ball.

On a related side note........thank God the Falcons drafted Takk McKinley back in 2017. I think the Steelers were looking at him as a possible RD 1 pick, and I shudder to think if they had drafted him instead of TJ Watt.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Falcons have been a laughing stock since their 28-3 game ... I'll never forgive them for that and Dan Quinn deserves more blame than Kyle Shanahan for this collapse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    They just have no talent on the defensive side of the ball they can count on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was in week 2