Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breakdown of Steelers Pass Rush

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Breakdown of Steelers Pass Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    5 sacks today vs the Eagles. I wonder how many QB hits total though. Looked like Wentz got knocked down quite a bit to me.
    I believe at one point is was something like 12 hits, 3 sacks on 26 drop backs...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Averaging 5 sacks/game.

How many are dong sacks though?

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Dupree is great and he has more double team that Watt right now this year according to this...
    Huh, that's an interesting graph. Dupree is double-teamed almost twice as much as Watt, and, he's still winning about 15 percent of those. Only 4 other players are being double-teamed more than he is. of course, there are several players who are winning those more than he is when they are double-teamed.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Huh, that's an interesting graph. Dupree is double-teamed almost twice as much as Watt, and, he's still winning about 15 percent of those. Only 4 other players are being double-teamed more than he is. of course, there are several players who are winning those more than he is when they are double-teamed.
    What constitutes a double team? Does it mean two dedicated blockers to a pass rusher or does a chip count as a double team?

Do you think it’s more about offenses just geared to double team the blind side generally and they don’t bother to rescheme for the Steelers?

It is a tough pick your poison. I can see wanting to double the blind side more because even if Watt is better, at least the QB can see him coming. Dupree is pretty damn fast and strong. If you leave him one on one, him hitting your QB blind might be more dangerous in the long run.

I know a QB doesn’t want to get hit at all, but if they can choose who gets to them quicker, I can certainly understand wanting it to be the guy you can see.