Thread: Week 3: Houston Texans

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 3: Houston Texans

No one made one of these yet. Guess there so much to take from the Broncos game.

Houston is 0-2 and were smashed in consecutive weeks by the Chiefs and Ravens.

Houston's Offensive line is crap, but DeShaun Watson is a magic maker and has that uncanny Ben ability to make things happen. The Defense will have to blitz Watson wisely and finish their tackles.

If the Steelers let Houston hang around like they let Denver did last week, the Texans can steal this one. They're a much better team than the Giants and Broncos.

24-20 Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Re: Week 3: Houston Texans

If we keep Watson in the pocket and Watt and Dupree stay disciplined then I believe we can run away with it.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Juju has missed practice on Wed and Thu. We'll see if he practices today.

He tweeted he will play on Sunday but that depends on practice today. If not, more Chase Claypool!

DeCastro looks like he is starting Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

This has BLOWN game Tomlin written all over it.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    This has BLOWN game Tomlin written all over it.
    didn't realize Tomlin was playing on Sunday...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just because a team is 0-2 doesn't make them an easy win. Those 2 losses came against the defending champs and the reigning MVP. While I do think the Steelers 'should' win, this will not be a should win vs a usual winless team. The Texans will be coming in determined not to go 0-3. My pick: Steelers win 35-24.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    didn't realize Tomlin was playing on Sunday...

He's the emergency long snapper.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Texans bring more to the table than most expect and beat the Steelers by 10 points.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

NO INJURIES!!!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I think we take this game, this is Ben’s best game this year because their secondary is garbage. Watson is terrible under pressure to boot and so far this season we are leading the league in QB pressure.

Good guys 31 - 21

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Watson's pretty good under pressure considering he's always pressured behind the joke of an offensive line the Texans annually roll out.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Just because a team is 0-2 doesn't make them an easy win. Those 2 losses came against the defending champs and the reigning MVP. While I do think the Steelers 'should' win, this will not be a should win vs a usual winless team. The Texans will be coming in determined not to go 0-3. My pick: Steelers win 35-24.
    Texans have the hardest start to this season like you said. They're a decent-good team that just opened the season against probably the best 2 teams in the AFC

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Pass defense must improve. They let Jeff Driskel top 250 on the them and now they got DeShaun Watson.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’m fearing this is a loss. Houston is going to come guns a blazing as they are on the brink of 0-3. They haven’t faced a real team yet and whil I don’t think the Texans are a real team, they are a couple steps above the Giants and Broncos. They have a legit QB who could be a problem...luckily there’s no Hopkins any longer but I think this could be a letdown game if they don’t contain Watson.

I’m going to go 24-16 Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I know the Texans are better than their record indicates, but I also think the Steelers are better than they are perceived. I believe the Steelers are ready to show out and show the league just how good they really are. My previous prediction was 35-24. I want to adjust this to show how much better I think the Steelers are and will be this week. Steelers 38 - Texans 13

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I’ll take Tomlin over O’Brian any day anytime. Steelers 27-Texans 17

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

We all know the Texans aren’t as bad as their record but the Steelers are a better team across the board. There’s no reason to lose this one unless we give it away with stupid turnovers and special teams mistakes.

But I’ll stay positive and predict a complete game by the Steelers. 30 - 17