Thread: D'Eric King

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

D'Eric King

Tonight's game vs Louisville: 18 of 30 for 325yrd with 3 TDs, zero INTs.

Transfer from Houston where he had a 61.8%completion rate over 4 seasons with 50TDs and 10INTs. Rushed for over 1400yds with 28 TDs. Caught 3 TD passes. Even had 11 KR with 1 TD.

I would call this guy a very good college QB and an overall athletic freak. I have heard some talk about him on radio but nothing major on the networks. I think this is a Tomlin type of guy. Yes he plays QB, but he brings so much more to the table.

I would LOVE to get your thoughts and opinions on this player as a Steeler moving forward. Maybe a 1st round talent in a 2nd-3rd round value depending on who is evaluating him.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: D'Eric King

https://caneswarning.com/2021/07/29/...ethic-example/

I understand nobody has any interest in this guy at this time. I'm merely bumping this thread with an article about King off the field and commitment to TEAM. Lots of time to compare and contrast QB talent for the next draft with an entire college football season to come.

Also, notice his 73-15 TD-INT ratio over 5 seasons(72-15 over 4): https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...iq-king-1.html

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Along with King, some of the lesser-known QBs to keep an eye on are:

QB, Matt Corral, Ole Miss
    QB, Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati
    QB, Malik Willis, Liberty
    QB, Carson Strong, Nevada
    QB, Cole Kelley, SE Louisiana
    QB, Phil Jukovec, BC (plays like Ben used to)

Everyone knows the top guys (Rattler, Howell, etc). I wanted to add a few “Tier 2” names to the fray.

There are many I like that I will be watching this season.

QB Kedon Slovis for the Trojans has embarrassing good numbers in the passing game but why are his mobility numbers so bad.

Ole Miss QB Matt Corral will be in Heisman talk all season. Plus I should get a chance or 2 to see him play in person this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io3YJ13URK8

D'Eriq King vs MichState 2021

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Next chance to see King will be at the East-West Shrine game Jan 28th. Brock Purdy from Iowa St and Dustin Crum from Kent State will also be there as QB's.

Something tells me that Crum will impress, as he kind of has pro style game and good arm strength from what I recall at their Bowl game. Not a franchise QB, but maybe a Mike White kind of #2 QB.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Next chance to see King will be at the East-West Shrine game Jan 28th. Brock Purdy from Iowa St and Dustin Crum from Kent State will also be there as QB's.

Something tells me that Crum will impress, as he kind of has pro style game and good arm strength from what I recall at their Bowl game. Not a franchise QB, but maybe a Mike White kind of #2 QB.
    Will be interesting to watch Quentin Lake as well.

Jashaun Corbin is a player I would love to draft...if we could afford the luxury pick. He should be fun to watch here.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Watch for Christian Watson from North Dakota too. I think he turns some heads from now until the draft. Big target, big play guy.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Watch for Christian Watson from North Dakota too. I think he turns some heads from now until the draft. Big target, big play guy.
    I watched Watson vs E.Washington video. Definitely a big target. I was a little disappointed in his routes though. He had good get off in that video and they used him similar to how the Steelers do with the jet sweeps and reverses. Interesting guy to keep an eye on.