Thread: Looking for 2021 Salary Cap Information

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Looking for 2021 Salary Cap Information

I far too lazy this today to look this information up. Does anyone know how the NFL is going to calculate the 2021 cap? I know it has the $175 million "floor" or whatever the # is but what are the financial benchmarks that have to be hit for the league to resume a "normal" salary cap calculation?

17 week regular season + playoffs on TV?
    All that + fans in the stands by week 4?
    Some raw revenue goal?

I was wondering if fans/gate receipts even matter -- isn't that a drop in the revenue bucket? It seems that all would that would really matter is getting the standard # of games on TV. Who cares if anyone watches, the networks pay a set rate for the "content" and the ratings are the networks problem...right?

Anyways, hoping someone around these parts has seen some actual information on all this.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Looking for 2021 Salary Cap Information

I don't follow this stuff very closely, but I found this article about the salary cap and where it may be going next year. The article also addresses the Steelers' situation specifically.

It doesn't answer everything, but it is something.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/ea...elers+Depot%29

I also found this: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-be-hurt-most/

This link talks about the salary cap from a league-wide perspective, the possible ramifications for teams and players, and what teams are responsible for in regard to the cap at the end of the article.