Thread: Steelers Run Defense Highlights

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Steelers Run Defense Highlights

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/wa...-to-six-yards/

Alex K breaking down a handful of plays against the NYG on Monday.

Seriously though, Alualu was just a beast on Monday.

Watt and Dupree lining up on the same side? That's just unfair.

Dupree keeps playing like this and someone is going to pay him 20+ million per year. For at least Week 1 he looked every bit the player many thought he could be when he entered the draft. There was talk of him going in top 10-12 picks.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers Run Defense Highlights

I'm no X's and O's guy and Alualu is a solid D-lineman but I don't understand why they would double team Alualu and let Dupree run free for the dong TFL. I saw that and had to blink twice and replay it again and again.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Steelers must’ve picked up on some key that they knew when the Giants were running. The a way they shut them down like that...they must’ve saw something on tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I'm no X's and O's guy and Alualu is a solid D-lineman but I don't understand why they would double team Alualu and let Dupree run free for the dong TFL. I saw that and had to blink twice and replay it again and again.
    My takeaway from that was that the Giants didn't believe Dupree could get there in time? Which seems dumb...I can remember several plays from him doing the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The Steelers must’ve picked up on some key that they knew when the Giants were running. The a way they shut them down like that...they must’ve saw something on tape.
    Either that or just blatant lack of respect for Jones and the passing game. Like comically so. Those plays ALL looked like total sell outs for against the run and just holding nothing back for the pass.

But...Jason Garrett was involved and he is not good....so...maybe the NYG are tipping their hands?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    My takeaway from that was that the Giants didn't believe Dupree could get there in time? Which seems dumb...I can remember several plays from him doing the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Either that or just blatant lack of respect for Jones and the passing game. Like comically so. Those plays ALL looked like total sell outs for against the run and just holding nothing back for the pass.

But...Jason Garrett was involved and he is not good....so...maybe the NYG are tipping their hands?
    I think someone found something on film that tipped the Giants hands. It totally seemed like they knew exactly when a run was coming and when it wasn’t.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I was very impressed with the Run D. Thats gonna come in handy with teams like the Titans,etc

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Coaches get caught doing stuff like that all the time. The idea is that the unblocked guy off the edge can't get to the ball carrier in time. Unfortunately for them, Dupree has the quickness and speed off the edge to make those plays in the backfield. They should have made that adjustment pretty early, because Dupree made a couple of those plays early.

As more and more edge players are extremely athletic and quick, leaving guys unblocked will often get RBs crushed and create fumbles. We are fortunate to have two edge players in Dupree and Watt that can make those plays.....many times even when the play is run to the opposite side of the formation.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I was very impressed with the Run D. Thats gonna come in handy with teams like the Titans,etc
    Going to need it against Cleveland and Chubbs and Hunt both were a beast Thursday. Oh and BM is not that good and would use the same plan on them.

Guard the TE and get a little pressure on BM and don't give him time to hit poop boy deep and game over.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Tyson Alualu was a former first round pick. 10th Overall to the Jaguars in 2010.

This isn't some stiff the Steelers are trotting out on the Line.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

As I have said numerous times over the years, Dupree is very effective against the run, above average. I'm not a huge fan of the Bronco's OL so this defense should do very well against them this week as well. Drew Lock will be hearing footsteps and seeing ghosts after this next game.