Thread: 2020 Injury Report Thread

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

2020 Injury Report Thread

Week 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: 2020 Injury Report Thread

Ok. So DeCastro hasn't practiced in like 2 weeks or so? More? No way he plays Sunday, if for no other reason than he likely isn't in game shape. Wisnewski sounds like he is out.

So AV/Feiler/Pouncey/Dotson/Chuks? Hawkins. Haussenhaur (or whatever), and then do you call Gray up from the PS? Dress DeCastro as the emergency 8th guy?

Also, interesting tidbit, you only get the extra game-day actives IF you dress 8 OL...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ok. So DeCastro hasn't practiced in like 2 weeks or so? More? No way he plays Sunday, if for no other reason than he likely isn't in game shape. Wisnewski sounds like he is out.

So AV/Feiler/Pouncey/Dotson/Chuks? Hawkins. Haussenhaur (or whatever), and then do you call Gray up from the PS? Dress DeCastro as the emergency 8th guy?

Also, interesting tidbit, you only get the extra game-day actives IF you dress 8 OL...
    That is exactly how I would line them up.(ALT...AV/Hassenaur/Pouncey/Dotson/Feiler) With Hawkins and Chuks as game day backups. I honestly don't know the status of Derwin Gray as far as an emergency Tackle. But I guess he's better than Gentry as reserve Tackle.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So Week 5 is earliest for Wisniewski return?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So Week 5 is earliest for Wisniewski return?
    yep. 3 week minimum

I hope DeCastro is back before then.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

There is something wrong with that turf in New York's stadium. I thought it looked like guy's cleats were sticking in the turf last Monday when Banner went down, and today you had San Fran players complaining about that turf and they lost multiple players to leg injuries today. The highlights on NFL network show their cleats getting caught in the turf it looks like to me.

NFL needs to look into that turf. Something is off with it.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I grew up near Philly (south jersey side) and remember Veterans stadium. It by far was the worst stadium turf EVER made. It had holes in it with pipes under them, 1/4 of padding then concrete ... I remember one play in the 80's when the Bears were playing the Eagles and a receiver jumped caught a ball and torn BOTH of his ACL's when he landed!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I grew up near Philly (south jersey side) and remember Veterans stadium. It by far was the worst stadium turf EVER made. It had holes in it with pipes under them, 1/4 of padding then concrete ... I remember one play in the 80's when the Bears were playing the Eagles and a receiver jumped caught a ball and torn BOTH of his ACL's when he landed!
    I certainly remember the 1/4 of padding and the concrete. I’m sure at one point it was the latest and greatest, but boy that concrete would injure anyone. It was amazing that pros played on that surface.

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    There is something wrong with that turf in New York's stadium. I thought it looked like guy's cleats were sticking in the turf last Monday when Banner went down, and today you had San Fran players complaining about that turf and they lost multiple players to leg injuries today. The highlights on NFL network show their cleats getting caught in the turf it looks like to me.

NFL needs to look into that turf. Something is off with it.
    Niners are playing there again next week!

2020 Injury Report Thread

Wendell Davis. I remember that as well. There were a couple/few college players that suffered season ending injuries a week later or something like that too.

They had too many seams in the carpet and the heights didn’t match either so it was like a mine field out there.

Amazing that professional players played on that.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I certainly remember the 1/4 of padding and the concrete. I’m sure at one point it was the latest and greatest, but boy that concrete would injure anyone. It was amazing that pros played on that surface.
    The Vet was particularly bad. But all those old multi-use astroturf donut stadiums were just horrible surfaces for football and knees. They ended several careers. It is the exact reason why teams started going to single-purpose grass field stadiums in the late 90's and early 2000's era of stadium building. Those were the first stadiums that replaced those 70's fields and no one wanted to recreate those surfaces.

Now, everyone seems to trust field turf (or whatever they call these high tech surfaces) and it is getting installed everywhere. But look at what happened in New York this last week...

It is almost like NFL owners never learn anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Wendell Davis. I remember that as well. There were a couple/few college players that suffered season ending injuries a week later or something like that too.

They had too many seams in the carpet and the heights didn’t match either so it was like a mine field out there.

Amazing that professional players played on that.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yep, the Vet, Riverfront Stadium (in Cincy), Three Rivers stadium ... were all built at the same time in the early 70's and all horrible but the Vet was just the worst because of the turf they used.

Welp. Season is over. The FB is hurt.

In all seriousness, wonder if they IR Watt and bring up/sign someone to play special teams and be a lead blocker? I mean Vance McDonald is a nice guy and all, but he is not really who anyone wants consistently leading RBs into the hole. Well that sounded dirtier than I wanted it to...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Welp. Season is over. The FB is hurt.

In all seriousness, wonder if they IR Watt and bring up/sign someone to play special teams and be a lead blocker? I mean Vance McDonald is a nice guy and all, but he is not really who anyone wants consistently leading RBs into the hole. Well that sounded dirtier than I wanted it to...
    Maybe Gentry gets a had on Sunday as H back.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Time to sign a FB and then shuttle him to the practice squad when Watt returns.

Ultimate Tag is a bust. Fire the Watt brothers!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Ultimate Tag is a bust. Fire the Watt brothers!
    I think it IS kinda dumb. Only reason I turned it on once, was BECAUSE of the Watt brothers...